Erhahon to Barnsley (Loan)

NB18

Barnsley, well that's a bit of a surprise. I think I have only ever seen Ethan at full back. Look at how young Cammy has been a revelation this season playing in his natural position. Could those two play in the same Saints team or do we have a surplus of centre mids?

Anyway, I hope Ethan gets this loan move. Seems a cracking lad and a real prospect.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Barnsley, well that's a bit of a surprise. I think I have only ever seen Ethan at full back. Look at how young Cammy has been a revelation this season playing in his natural position. Could those two play in the same Saints team or do we have a surplus of centre mids?

Anyway, I hope Ethan gets this loan move. Seems a cracking lad and a real prospect.

Great move for a young player I rate highly. 

Young Ethan will be the one that got away, and it will be our own fault for our failure to play him in his correct position. 
He is contracted with us until 2021, so he won't be getting away. It's a win win situation for us. He gets experience of playing at potentially a higher level than he would out on loan in Scotland and comes back to us a better player. If in the end Barnsley want him, then we demand a sizeable fee. As much as I want him to succeed, in the games I've seen him play in midfield for the first team, he hasn't exactly shone through like McGinn or Magennis.

32 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Young Ethan will be the one that got away, and it will be our own fault for our failure to play him in his correct position. 

Nah.

He’s not ready to start in midfield for us and we’ve got him tied up for another 18 months.

I’d be surprised if he got anywhere close to their first team, Mallan couldn’t and look what he was doing for us before he left. They are clearly looking at this as a project.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:
34 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

He is contracted with us until 2021, so he won't be getting away. It's a win win situation for us. He gets experience of playing at potentially a higher level than he would out on loan in Scotland and comes back to us a better player. If in the end Barnsley want him, then we demand a sizeable fee. As much as I want him to succeed, in the games I've seen him play in midfield for the first team, he hasn't exactly shone through like McGinn or Magennis.

Just now, aldo_j said:

Nah.

He’s not ready to start in midfield for us and we’ve got him tied up for another 18 months.

I’d be surprised if he got anywhere close to their first team, Mallan couldn’t and look what he was doing for us before he left. They are clearly looking at this as a project.

Time will tell, although Barnsley's part of the deal will most likely be a low transfer clause that will allow them to buy him at what will be considerably below his actual value by the end of the season. 

Just now, pod said:

Everyone at St Mirren would like to wish Ethan all the best during his loan spell. 

Says nothing about view to buy. :unsure:

Possibly the club don't want to disclose that publicly, as there is a possibility he may be back and they don't want the player to feel like he doesn't have a future with us.

10 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Possibly the club don't want to disclose that publicly, as there is a possibility he may be back and they don't want the player to feel like he doesn't have a future with us.

Ethan, you still have a future with us. See you next season.

Unless of course someone makes a big offer for you. :wink: 

23 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Where is it coming from, if only the club knows. :unsure:

Can't remember where I read it last night but he is going straight into their under 23 squad and good performances might see him progress to the first team. He had been identified as a prospect. It would also make sense to me that if a club is looking to bring in younger players to do so for 6 months before commiting to a purchase particularly if they are not playing regular first team football.