Welcome Alex Jakubiak

Guest TPAFKATS

18 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Yawn.

Add up the league goal tallies of any other two players in this team. No matter who you combine, no couple matches Obika’s tally of 5.

He might not set the heather alight, but this onslaught on him is just f**king ridiculous.

The goal tallies of any other players is irrelevant, he's our main striker sitting on 5 league goals. 

IF he hits double figures I'd think that's reasonable for a team that's likely to be fighting a relegation battle.

Will he, I'm not so sure, he can't carry the luck he's had for the remaining 15 games of the season. 

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The goal tallies of any other players is irrelevant, he's our main striker sitting on 5 league goals. 

IF he hits double figures I'd think that's reasonable for a team that's likely to be fighting a relegation battle.

Will he, I'm not so sure, he can't carry the luck he's had for the remaining 15 games of the season. 

Frank McGarvey once said that they harder he worked, the luckier he seemed to get.

Goalscoring opportunities aren’t called “chances” for nothing

You only get lucky if you’re in the right place at the right time

The mark of a good striker

You dimwit 

5 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Frank McGarvey once said that they harder he worked, the luckier he seemed to get.

Goalscoring opportunities aren’t called “chances” for nothing

You only get lucky if you’re in the right place at the right time

The mark of a good striker

You dimwit 

Step away from the glue ya clueless buffoon. 

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It’s relevant in the sense that no one else is putting the ball in the net for us. Obika gets hounded yet he’s the only one who has some idea of how to grab a goal.

Goals Scored - Obika is 13th in the league. Those above him are:

Green Bigots x3 (Eduoard, Christie, Forrest)

Zombies x3 (Morelos, Kent, Defoe)

That leaves: Cosgrave (11), Dykes, Doidge (8), Lawless, Stewart (7) and Donnelly (6).

Hamilton, Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone (1/3 of the league) don’t have a player who has hit 5 league goals yet this season.

19 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It’s relevant in the sense that no one else is putting the ball in the net for us. Obika gets hounded yet he’s the only one who has some idea of how to grab a goal.

That leaves: Cosgrave (11), Dykes, Doidge (8), Lawless, Stewart (7) and Donnelly (6).

Hamilton, Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone (1/3 of the league) don’t have a player who has hit 5 league goals yet this season.

^^^^  This - folk blowing steam out of their rear end - thanks for doing the research - He will be in double figures by the end of the season...

Will Mullen, Cooke or Morais NO !

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Yawn.

Add up the league goal tallies of any other two players in this team. No matter who you combine, no couple matches Obika’s tally of 5.

He might not set the heather alight, but this onslaught on him is just f**king ridiculous.

SOH alert. Lighten up FFS

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

^^^^  This - folk blowing steam out of their rear end - thanks for doing the research - He will be in double figures by the end of the season...

Mullen probably not, offer rejected for him from dundee but if they come back in with a better offer that is accepted then definitely not.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

32 12 6 58 41 17 is my prediction for lottery Sat🤣

Put your stake (each week) in a long yield bond and recoup the profits in 20 years time - at least you'll gain something other than disappointment !

Anyway what has that to do with the thread topic?

Is this deal dead or will Dee or A N Other come back for Wee Danny?

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It's not relevant. 

Here's why, if he wasn't there someone else would be and maybe they would score more, and have better skills, than Obika. 

Edited by faraway saint

25 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Oh my f**king christ it's MORIAS.

You're far from the only culprit but it's really not hard to get a player's name right.

MOR-I-AS. Three syllables.

FFS.

[and breathe]

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Clueless. Read your post, last two lines. The ones I've underlined and highlighted in my post. 

Well I will forgive you for not understanding the implications of what I wrote between the lines - but just so you can see it - 

My post is on topic - the issue of us signing Jakubiak is based on whether Mullen goes or not...   get it now?

If not read it until you do or if you prefer don't !  :spud7

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Oh my f**king christ it's MORIAS.

You're far from the only culprit but it's really not hard to get a player's name right.

MOR-I-AS. Three syllables.       FFS.        [and breathe]

Slaughtered by the spelling police - sentence received ! :cheers

And don't get me wrong, these things do matter - but this is a fan's forum and you know who I mean - isn't that the main issue with language, i.e. knowing what is meant by the words - in this case a specific player?

16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Well I will forgive you for not understanding the implications of what I wrote between the lines - but just so you can see it - 

My post is on topic - the issue of us signing Jakubiak is based on whether Mullen goes or not...   get it now?

If not read it until you do or if you prefer don't !  :spud7

:lol  :unsure:  you really take the biscuit.

21 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Obika's final goal tally come the end of the season. Hopefully it'll silence the critics and they'll have to turn their attention on to the next victim. 

So am I, double figures for the league will be decent, especially if we stay up.

That means he needs 5 goals in the remaining 15 games, what's the chances? 

I'll go on record as unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So am I, double figures for the league will be decent, especially if we stay up.

That means he needs 5 goals in the remaining 15 games, what's the chances? 

I'll go on record as unlikely. 

Depends if he continues to be out number one choice.  7 goals in all competitions is half decent so far. 

28 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Slaughtered by the spelling police - sentence received ! :cheers

And don't get me wrong, these things do matter - but this is a fan's forum and you know who I mean - isn't that the main issue with language, i.e. knowing what is meant by the words - in this case a specific player?

Possibly, but this is someone's name, so it's more a matter of respect, IMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing Obika's final goal tally come the end of the season. Hopefully it'll silence the critics and they'll have to turn their attention on to the next victim. 
Well he better get a move on if he wants to silence those critics.

You told me earlier in the week he "could easily beat Thommo's best season of 16 goals", I gave you benefit of the doubt to see if he could beat that tally by just 1 (therefore not beating it easily just beating it).

According to our friends on Wikipedia his best ever goalscoring season is 12 followed by 10 as his 2nd best.

I look forward to Obika's best ever season saving us from the bottom 2.