Welcome Alex Jakubiak

Guest TPAFKATS

19 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Well he better get a move on if he wants to silence those critics.

You told me earlier in the week he "could easily beat Thommo's best season of 16 goals", I gave you benefit of the doubt to see if he could beat that tally by just 1 (therefore not beating it easily just beating it).

According to our friends on Wikipedia his best ever goalscoring season is 12 followed by 10 as his 2nd best.

I look forward to Obika's best ever season saving us from the bottom 2.

I'll go 10 to 12 Obika. 

New lad... 6 in the remaining games. 

Edited by St.Ricky

On 1/31/2020 at 1:09 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

It’s relevant in the sense that no one else is putting the ball in the net for us. Obika gets hounded yet he’s the only one who has some idea of how to grab a goal.

Goals Scored - Obika is 13th in the league. Those above him are:

Green Bigots x3 (Eduoard, Christie, Forrest)

Zombies x3 (Morelos, Kent, Defoe)

That leaves: Cosgrave (11), Dykes, Doidge (8), Lawless, Stewart (7) and Donnelly (6).

Hamilton, Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone (1/3 of the league) don’t have a player who has hit 5 league goals yet this season.

Your vehement defence of Obika is quite amusing and your belief that Stevie May is shite is also amusing.

Stevie May is now a massive 1 goal behind Obika.

St Johnstone never started playing until about 9 games ago, previously they were rank. 

Obika last scored in the league way back on 14th December against Livingston. 

Today he never got a sniff.

He does have an opportunity this Wednesday against a duff Hamilton side. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Your vehement defence of Obika is quite amusing and your belief that Stevie May is shite is also amusing.

St Johnstone never started playing until about 9 games ago, previously they were rank. 

1. Obika last scored in the league way back on 14th December against Livingston. 

2. He does have an opportunity this Wednesday against a duff Hamilton side. 

1. Aye but we have had the winter break for several weeks since then... I know you mentioned league but he did hit a double on the 18th January in the Scottish Cup - they count too !

2. Your a betting man - whatever the odds for an Obika double against that mob: Put on a bet!

St. Mirren to rout a very poor side heading down at the end of the season....   St. Mirren 5  v  1     Hamilton   stick a £5 on that at the same time ! :magic

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

1. Aye but we have had the winter break for several weeks since then... I know you mentioned league but he did hit a double on the 18th January in the Scottish Cup - they count too !

2. Your a betting man - whatever the odds for an Obika double against that mob: Put on a bet!

St. Mirren to rout a very poor side heading down at the end of the season....   St. Mirren 5  v  1     Hamilton   stick a £5 on that at the same time ! :magic

We've played 6 league games since then, considering people have been slevering about him taking time to shake of an injury wonder what the excuse is now? 

I'd not stick a fiver of your money on him to score a double, never mind us winning 5-1. :wink:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

We've played 6 league games since then, considering people have been slevering about him taking time to shake of an injury wonder what the excuse is now? 

I'd not stick a fiver of your money on him to score a double, never mind us winning 5-1. :wink:

Think of the odds you'd get ! :wink:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, I like to TRY to win my bets. :rolleyes:

Do you know how much you put on and how much you take in winnings each year? If not try it?

I played in teams where most players bet every week and when a number of the players agreed to do this as a we competition, the results were quite something ! 

I know most folk see it as a hobby though . . .

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Do you know how much you put on and how much you take in winnings each year? If not try it?

I played in teams where most players bet every week and when a number of the players agreed to do this as a we competition, the results were quite something ! 

I have thought about it but, like you say, it's just an interest/hobby.

It's unlikely I'll get rich but I'll never get poor either.

For me it does add interest to a game. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Is Stevie May exempt from any responsibility for performances until the last nine games? [emoji23]

Stevie May has been shite for around 2 seasons. Radio today talking about how in today's game he looked like his old self. That's 1 game ffs.

I watched him at St. Mirren Park and was relieved e never signed him as he was utter dross. Worse than I've seen from Obika so far.

You don't like Obika, we all know this.
BTW, it wasn't a straight choice between May and Obika last summer.

Guest TPAFKATS
Over Christmas I counted up what I'd spent over the year on betting.
Decided to give it a rest, not because it was too much - simply because I don't win enough.

If anything, I'm enjoying watching games more as I don't watch my bet go down.

49 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You used to play football???? Why didn't you say something before?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The reason I always defend Obika is because much of the abuse he gets is harsh and over the top. I don’t think he’s great, he’s not outstanding, I just merely point out his goal return is better than the rest for this season, and only one goal off the top guys from last season.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I have thought about it but, like you say, it's just an interest/hobby.

It's unlikely I'll get rich but I'll never get poor either.

For me it does add interest to a game. 

Something has to add interest for you I suppose. Sitting in front of the telly all day must be pretty boring. I might even bet myself or drink if that's all I did. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Is Stevie May exempt from any responsibility for performances until the last nine games? emoji23.png

Stevie May has been shite for around 2 seasons. Radio today talking about how in today's game he looked like his old self. That's 1 game ffs.

I watched him at St. Mirren Park and was relieved e never signed him as he was utter dross. Worse than I've seen from Obika so far.

You don't like Obika, we all know this.
BTW, it wasn't a straight choice between May and Obika last summer.

Thought that would get a bite.

You are aware it's been mentioned on here many times about Obika taking a while to get back to fitness, many people only using the last 12 games or so?

Did you jump in when that was mentioned...........................let me save you trying to come up with some reason but, no you didn't.

Stevie May, IMO, is a better player than Obika.

I put the facts that Obika isn't a natural goal scorer, I rarely mention his lack of skills, as many other do, do you have a pop at them.....................let me save you some time, no you don't. 

You say I don't "like" him, that's laughable, I don't know him but I think, and have said many time, he's a decent support forward, yet you fail to notice this, wonder why?

You must be drunk if you've seen Obika play well in many games as he's really not.

He was a waste of shirt today for instance.

So, in a nutshell, do me a favour and do one, my opinion is as valid as your's. :byebye

I haven't jumped into your views, as, TBH, you rarely post anything football related worth replying to. 

PS Nip over to the match day thread, see what people are saying about Obika,.

You are funny. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

25 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The reason I always defend Obika is because much of the abuse he gets is harsh and over the top. I don’t think he’s great, he’s not outstanding, I just merely point out his goal return is better than the rest for this season, and only one goal off the top guys from last season.

And I gave been far less brutal than many about him.

I don't think he's bad, I just don't think he;s that good.

I have, again, mentioned many times, since the Hearts gubbing that I thought he plays reasonable as a support forward, but he's not a natural goal scorer.

Time will tell, 5 league goals so far, 14 games to go, the most crucial time of the season.

He doesn't get much support, maybe with the new blood he will get more opportunities, fingers crossed.,

Problem is we have improved considerably as a team since last season and are creating more chances. However in spite of this we have scored the least amount of goals and have the lowest convertion rate of any Premiership team. Obika misses relatively easy chances besides his general all round play being poor in such a key position.

I believe with a better striker we would be in the top half of the table as besides the OF only Motherwell have consistently looked far better than us.

Guest TPAFKATS
Thought that would get a bite.
You are aware it's been mentioned on here many times about Obika taking a while to get back to fitness, many people only using the last 12 games or so?
Did you jump in when that was mentioned...........................let me save you trying to come up with some reason but, no you didn't.
Stevie May, IMO, is a better player than Obika.
I put the facts that Obika isn't a natural goal scorer, I rarely mention his lack of skills, as many other do, do you have a pop at them.....................let me save you some time, no you don't. 
You say I don't "like" him, that's laughable, I don't know him but I think, and have said many time, he's a decent support forward, yet you fail to notice this, wonder why?
You must be drunk if you've seen Obika play well in many games as he's really not.
He was a waste of shirt today for instance.
So, in a nutshell, do me a favour and do one, my opinion is as valid as your's. :byebye
I haven't jumped into your views, as, TBH, you rarely post anything football related worth replying to. 
PS Nip over to the match day thread, see what people are saying about Obika,.
You are funny. [emoji38]

Stevie May used to be a better player.
Stevie May isn't our player and given his wild contract demands in comparison to his ability these days I'm glad about that.

I've never claimed obika is great, I just don't see the point in having a go at him when he's playing on his own up front and generally trying hard and scoring more than the rest.

If we have a better player to play the lone striker and target man role then I'm sure Goodwin will start him instead.

Andreu missed a couple of good chances today, not for the first time, but he's not getting the same criticism.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And I gave been far less brutal than many about him.

I don't think he's bad, I just don't think he;s that good.

I have, again, mentioned many times, since the Hearts gubbing that I thought he plays reasonable as a support forward, but he's not a natural goal scorer.

Time will tell, 5 league goals so far, 14 games to go, the most crucial time of the season.

He doesn't get much support, maybe with the new blood he will get more opportunities, fingers crossed.,

Repetitive ill informed nonsense. Other than the last part.. That makes sense.