Kirk Broadfoot

This is a dilemma, Killie really struggling at the moment and could be sucked into the relegation fight. It's weighing up if this will strengthen them against us having appropriate cover. For me I'd reluctantly be letting him go but yes a fee is a must. If we can get a wee bump from him to bring in a replacement and possibly even contribute to other signings today. 

Additional point, it's about time we got a bit of luck this season after an injury plagued first half. Both starting CBs staying fit for the remainder of the season please... Only fair :P 

21 minutes ago, GeordieBuddie said:

Also read he never wanted to leave Killie and has asked to leave, going to leave us short at the back.

Is this the Kirk Broadfoot that was delighted to be back and wanted to finish his career with us? 

Actually disappointed in his displays and never felt he was really committed. Having said that we cannot strengthen one of our relegation rivals and leave ourselves short especially with Paul Mcginn going. 

If he wants to go back then that's a problem

If he is happy to stay then in no way should we interested in moving us on - he has been solid for us - and like magnus said we would be handing a rival a real lifeline.

Actually - the more i think about it - unless the money offered is enough to improve us materially then we should knock it back - I'm sure Kirk would accept our decision in a professional manner - i was impressed by his integrity when he signed the pre-contract with Rangers all those years ago.

Edited by southsidebud

1 hour ago, munoz said:

80k plus , or tell them to do one. 

It doesn't leave much time for a replacement,  but I'm sure it can be done.  

If Kirky wants to leave,  there's probably no point in keeping him.

We could do a Celtic/Rangers and stockpile him to the end of the season if his attitude is poor. No probs selling him to Killie in the summer if he wants to leave. Not now though as Killie are bottom 6 and have lost about 7 games on the trot. Killie have a bit of the look of that Hibs side that got relegated a few seasons back.

45 minutes ago, magnus said:

We could do a Celtic/Rangers and stockpile him to the end of the season if his attitude is poor. No probs selling him to Killie in the summer if he wants to leave. Not now though as Killie are bottom 6 and have lost about 7 games on the trot. Killie have a bit of the look of that Hibs side that got relegated a few seasons back.

They can afford to do that. 

11 minutes ago, magnus said:

So can we. He is already our player. The cost of relegation outweighs anything we would get for Kirk. It's a unique position to be in. 

So Kirk is going to save us from relegation by not playing him.   Our fate is in our own hands no matter who we face, team or player.

9 minutes ago, pod said:

So Kirk is going to save us from relegation by not playing him.   Our fate is in our own hands no matter who we face, team or player.

Not saying that. It's very  fine margins at the bottom of this league.  Hopefully Kirk is as professional as he always has been and gives his lot for us as opposed to being allowed to do so for Kilmarnock, a team that's competing with us to stay in the top flight. My opinion is Kirk shouldn't be allowed to sign for Kilmarnock in this window. Slight edge to us - take it.

Guest TPAFKATS
Killie are in freefall and leaking goals but still above us. No way should be be letting Kirkie strengthen them.
Killie fans on twitter appear to think it wouldn't strengthen them and other positions and players should be priority.

If the big fud wants to leave, he can either buy out the 18 months left on his contract (is that still a thing) or Killie can pay at least 50 k.

Guest TPAFKATS
Not saying that. It's very  fine margins at the bottom of this league.  Hopefully Kirk is as professional as he always has been and gives his lot for us as opposed to being allowed to do so for Kilmarnock, a team that's competing with us to stay in the top flight. My opinion is Kirk shouldn't be allowed to sign for Kilmarnock in this window. Slight edge to us - take it.
Given that he's now asking to leave a second club in space of around 6 months, I'm not sure we can rely on his professionalism.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, magnus said:

Given that he's now asking to leave a second club in space of around 6 months, I'm not sure we can rely on his professionalism.

Where has he said he wants to leave

Kirk is an excellent player - but 35 years old and already been missing from action for many games due to injury.

6 figure sum and a good replacement and its a no brainer - 

If we were willing to help Hibs out for dosh - why is this any different (We beat them and will only be 6 points behind them)