Kirk Broadfoot

17 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The other day he acknowledged that he might not be seeing much game time here with the new signings at centre back. I wouldn't underestimate that part of it.

Still doesn’t excuse him for being a c**t and leaving us short. we’ve had the other two since early Jan, plenty of time for him to flag his concerns.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Still doesn’t excuse him for being a c**t and leaving us short. we’ve had the other two since early Jan, plenty of time for him to flag his concerns.

Or better still , bide your time and fight for your place.  

We are better off without him if this is how he conducts himself. 

35 years old and has been out injured for the best part of 3 months. Big Kirk has not got that much football left in him I would think. We'll see how he gets on with Killie the next 18 months....

He was under contract with us until after his 37th birthday on, you assume, a very good deal. Maybe this will be a blessing disguise.

Another centre half would be handy though....

Oh Kirk, what a shame.

Well and truly spoiled all the effort he showed to keep us up in 2007 not once but twice - badge kissing one of the ugly sisters in front of the NB is bad enough but this is something i've never heard of in many years watching football.

Perma-crock and 35 - usually you'd be saying great business - it came late in the day but you'd have to feel the 2 days Jim had to react should've been enough to get a replacement in. Unfortunately we are once again down a centre half and are in a rather precarious position. Not to worry though - we have 6 strikers and no replacement for the influential Kyle Magennis :unsure:

Edited by W6Saint

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The other day he acknowledged that he might not be seeing much game time here with the new signings at centre back. I wouldn't underestimate that part of it.

Indeed. 

He’s 35 now. Faced with a choice of automatic first choice or back up at the tail end of career, it’s a no brainer.

7 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Oh Kirk, what a shame.

Well and truly spoiled all the effort he showed to keep us up in 2007 not once but twice - badge kissing one of the ugly sisters in front of the NB is bad enough but this is something i've never heard of in many years watching football.

Perma-crock and 35 - usually you'd be saying great business - it came late in the day but you'd have to feel the 2 days Jim had to react should've been enough to get a replacement in. Unfortunately we are once again down a centre half and are in a rather precarious position. Not to worry though - we have 6 strikers and no replacement for the influential Kyle Magennis :unsure:

We’ve got 3 centre halves on the books plus Foley has shown he can play there.

You can also sign out of contracts outside the window. 

We’ve also got an abundance of players who can play in midfield. 

Still surprised about this - Kilmarnock aren't exactly an order of magnitude bigger than us. I wonder how much the wage difference is - because it certainly cannot be about trophies or Europe.

I always like Kirk because of the way he committed to the survival campaign the season he signed the pre-contract with Rangers, when many (myself among them) thought he would chuck it to protect himself from injury.

That reputation has been irrevocably destroyed by the shoddy way he conducted himself in this affair.

We move on, but I must admit I don't wish him well back at Killie and I hope we put them down this year.