St Mirren v Hamilton, 5th Feb 2020

faraway saint

Hopefully they also have a couple of their better players suspender from sending offs tomorrow.

They did not do much in the window of note - so they are hoping that they are settled, but they have been on a fairly poor run for a while, with the occasional surprise result...

We can and really ought to win this and put some more space between us...

Saints   2   v   0  Smelly Team

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Hopefully they also have a couple of their better players suspender from sending offs tomorrow.

They did not do much in the window of note - so they are hoping that they are settled, but they have been on a fairly poor run for a while, with the occasional surprise result...

Aye, beating Motherwell was one of them games, and points, that could make the difference come the end of the season.

Still, got to win, 1-0, no sure who will score, we've got that many forwards. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Good news for me is that, not being on a Saturday, my student grandson can come along and make use of his season ticket! Winning this one is clearly important and I think we will but narrowly. 

A golden opportunity this to put some distance between us and 12th.

They're in the midst of a injury crisis and will have 90 minutes of chasing the ball tomorrow, 72 hours ahead of playing us. Need to beat them.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-boss-brian-rice-says-21392227

Rice pointed out that he’s missing captain Brian Easton, defenders Aaron McGowan and Jamie Hamilton and strikers George Oakley and David Moyo, while Blair Alston was on the bench for the 4-2 defeat at home to Livingston, despite not being fully-fit.

The Accies boss said: “I can’t afford to lose five or six starters out of the core of my team, I just can’t do it. To be out there and to be as strong as I would like to be, or as competitive as I would like to be... I’m definitely going to have to look at it, because if I don’t get these boys back from injury then we’re going to be struggling for numbers.There’s nothing to stop you from being competitive, you know? But I said to them at half-time that two or three of them were maybe letting me down and letting the fans down. Letting their team-mates down, because they weren’t giving it everything out there. They’re looking tired, they’re looking soft. That was an opportunity for some boys who hadn’t been playing to step up to the plate, and I think naivety and a bit of softness out there cost us the game..... If you score four goals away from home you deserve to win, but they were very, very poor goals from my point of view. It was a makeshift back four out there, the injuries – especially to defensive players – have really played their part.”

Hamilton will be another tough game on Wednesday night.

Rice will have a do not lose plan that will probably see us have plenty of the ball in their half which we seem to struggle with.

A point to note they beat Motherwell recently and should have scored more goals a team who pumped us twice already this season.

A first half goal for us opens the game up and that's when we should create more chances hopefully one of the new strikers takes them.

Edited to add they haven't scored against us in last 3 matches and they have had 3 (or is it 2? +) Red Cards also.

Of course, this will be game 2 of Brian Rice's betting ban so Beuzelin, his assistant, will be in charge for Accies.

I honestly don’t believe Rice being in the stand will make a difference to how Hamilton play.
They’ll probably pack their defence and let us have the ball (like us playing SEVCO the other week) and hit on the break. Hopefully we can get an early goal which means their game plan goes out the window. We need to get the ball out wide, pull out their defenders and hitting crosses in from the byline...... just my tuppence worth.

Easily our most important game of the season to this point. 

If we can win, then I'm confident that the rate at which we've been picking points up in the last 2 months, means that a six point cushion will be really hard for Hamilton to turn it around on us. We also really need to be looking up the table. Hearts, in all likelihood, will drag themselves up so we need to be pulling County, Killie and St. Johnstone back into it. 

I think I may never have predicted a result, as it’s an irrelevant mug’s game.

like betting is...

however i have just had the joy of watching Cheesy being very happy...here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21732267

And now my rationality has been 🙌 briefly set aside...   so...  prediction...

2-0

obika (a header)

chabi (through-ball that he toe-pokes in)

Easily our most important game of the season to this point. 
If we can win, then I'm confident that the rate at which we've been picking points up in the last 2 months, means that a six point cushion will be really hard for Hamilton to turn it around on us. We also really need to be looking up the table. Hearts, in all likelihood, will drag themselves up so we need to be pulling County, Killie and St. Johnstone back into it. 
This time last year Hamilton defeated Hearts 1-0 to go 6 & 7 points ahead of us and Dundee, I said then that the worst Hamilton would finish would be 11th as it would have taken something special for both ourselves and Dundee to overtake Hamilton as it turned out neither of us could.

The same could be said for this season we win on Wednesday I'm pretty confident Hamilton won't catch us so 11th is the worst we will finish.

Like you said we need to drag the other teams above right back into the danger and despite all the bottom 6 being terrible when they played us(bar Tynecastle) they have more points than us and those extra points will be hard to overcome when you are relying on home wins only.

If 11th it is again I am also pretty confident we could see off any challenge from ICT, Ayr, Dundee or Dunfermline.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This time last year Hamilton defeated Hearts 1-0 to go 6 & 7 points ahead of us and Dundee, I said then that the worst Hamilton would finish would be 11th as it would have taken something special for both ourselves and Dundee to overtake Hamilton as it turned out neither of us could.

The same could be said for this season we win on Wednesday I'm pretty confident Hamilton won't catch us so 11th is the worst we will finish.

Like you said we need to drag the other teams above right back into the danger and despite all the bottom 6 being terrible when they played us(bar Tynecastle) they have more points than us and those extra points will be hard to overcome when you are relying on home wins only.

If 11th it is again I am also pretty confident we could see off any challenge from ICT, Ayr, Dundee or Dunfermline.

And given how tight things are in the bottom half, we could just as easily finish 7th or 8th. 

We are on a half decent run of form and haven't been losing many games for while now. 

We could quite easily be 7th or 8th already had we turned some good performances into draws or wins.

I know every team probably says that but we really should have around 5 more points than we have now.

And given how tight things are in the bottom half, we could just as easily finish 7th or 8th. 
We are on a half decent run of form and haven't been losing many games for while now. 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We could quite easily be 7th or 8th already had we turned some good performances into draws or wins.

I know every team probably says that but we really should have around 5 more points than we have now.

Yeah, definitely agree with that. 

Hopefully now that we have selection options,  especially upfront,  we will start to kick on In the business end of the season. 

Win our home games against our direct rivals,  and draws and the odd win away and we'll be fine.