St Mirren v Hamilton, 5th Feb 2020

faraway saint

That may have been one of the worst refereeing performances I’ve ever seen, but make no mistake, the blame for us not winning that game tonight lies firmly at Jim Goodwin s door with that f**kin mind boggling formation and team selection. 
we basically conceded the first and though we were better in the second half, we didn’t exactly go hell for leather either. 
I mean what in the name of f**k was going thru Goodwin’s mind when he made that selection. 
Oh and by the way, I don’t get the love for Hodson at all. I thought he was decidedly average the last time he was with us and I saw nothing tonight to make me think otherwise. Actually he did make me think otherwise. I thought he was shite as opposed to average. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Given the situation at the bottom and the way the game went, that’s certainly a much better point for us than Accies.

They’re still 3 points behind us with a much worse goal difference so need a 2 game swing to get above us, and we’re a point further away from bottom.

Even when we play poorly we are still a hard team to beat. Need to be changing these draws (that’s 3 in a row now) into wins though.

Deserved nothing tonight. We were rotten from start to finish. I know people who were at the game will say the ref was shocking and he was. Our performance was disgusting especially first half. Could have been 3 down in the first half. There was no player except Hladky who deserved more than 1 out of 10. Why do we use the social media rubbish to pick a MOM. Cos I dont think anybody in the stadium thought McCarthy was MOM. People who are picking it are not even at the game. But one would be hard to pick. Could pick Durmus for his goal. But apart that the only other thing of note was how Andreu could clear the stand from 16 yeards. Must have landed on the dome. Play like that against Motherwell and we will be pumped. Bad night. Must do better. Goodys tactics were poor as well. High balls to Morias. What coaching manual did that come out of. Piss poor. Mr Newlands the ref should be seeking a different career cos hes not a SPL ref.

It could have been worse, given their late penalty. I really rate David Templeton and I think he'll be a real asset for them. Overall, I think a draw was probably a fair result.

I didn't think Hearts would lose tonight, so that's something. Though I'd be surprised if they're in this position come the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Given the situation at the bottom and the way the game went, that’s certainly a much better point for us than Accies.

They’re still 3 points behind us with a much worse goal difference so need a 2 game swing to get above us, and we’re a point further away from bottom.

Even when we play poorly we are still a hard team to beat. Need to be changing these draws (that’s 3 in a row now) into wins though.

We rode our luck tonight. Accies should have buried us ....and they are shite.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We rode our luck tonight. Accies should have buried us ....and they are shite.

We are in danger of falling asleep at the wheel massively here. Another team that are no great shakes visit and we massively underestimate ourselves and gain only a point (which we were arguably fortunate to do).

I have a feeling Jim is trying to shitfest his way to safety, ala Hamilton style

Yet another game with far too many passengers in black and white, poor tactics, strange team selection in the first instance, ill timed subs (and poor ones when they came).

Surprised more hasn't been said about the poor squad management that left us with a GK, RB (who came onto Centre mid), an unfit winger, and 4 strikers on the bench... not a great situation to be in - this won't be aided at all if Flynn's injury is serious.

Improvement definitely necessary.

Edited by W6Saint

Getting a point from that performance was miraculous. Could not understand the formation at outset but particularly when it became obvious that Hamilton were not going to sit back as they usually do. Could have easily been three down at break. Free kick was sublime and missed penalty fortuitous. McCarthy was poor, Cammy and Durmus pass marks. In case anyone had forgotten whilst keeping the opposition out is an important element of the game, creating and taking goalmouth chances is essential to progress. We need to improve in that regard. Refereeing was appalling but not an excuse for such a poor performance against a poor Hamilton team

JG got it wrong tonight,  but at least changed things in the 2nd half.  

A few decent performers - Durmas and Famewo stood out. 

Could have been worse,  we could have easily lost. 

The most inept refereeing performance since Dallas at Ibrox- bordering on cheating.  

Bring on the Motherwell. 

Gus Macpherson stuff.

Was glaringly obvious morais up on his own was never gona work. Bizarre team to start any match nevermind against a team of big hard men. Then you think we're crying out for 2 up front and we just replace morais with another dumpling up on his own. Then the only reason we end up with 2 strikers on the pitch is cos the right back gets injured and we have a bench full of strikers

1 minute ago, Big Yards said:

Was the only reason I went tonight cos I thought there would be change. Instead the change was for an existing hopeless striker to be dropped for another existing hopeless striker.

So you don't normally attend games. :unsure:

Chabbi not match fit, jakubiak on the bench. Why? Did we not sign these guys to put them straight in the team since the existing strikers have shown they cant finish!
Obika did more in 20 mins tonight than he did for 90 on Saturday. He has the build to be a good target man but he has to improve. Did well tonight when he came on. Fair play to him.