St Mirren v Hamilton, 5th Feb 2020

faraway saint

The ref was a c**t.The lead up to their goal is either a free kick for pushing the keeper or a free kick against the keeper for carrying the ball out the box.

Loved Sam Foley telling the players not to shake hands with him at the end of the game.

Just home, that was absolutely rotten, goody shat it with that formation IMO, they should have buried us by half time, second half was slightly better, was frustrating replacing a striker with another striker, but Morias was dung up there himself. They are the dirtiest mob about, how they never got 1/2 players sent off is beyond me, Hard to take any positives from that, we need to be beating that mob at home, Morias up front himself is the fear. 

now breath 🙈😂

5 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Chabbi not match fit, jakubiak on the bench. Why? Did we not sign these guys to put them straight in the team since the existing strikers have shown they cant finish!

Think you answered your own question.  To be match fit, they would have to be playing regularly for their own team, which could possibly have meant they wouldn't have been let out on loan.  

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Definitely a two horse race to finish bottom between us and Accies and on tonight's performance we will end up automatically relegated Accies way better than us. 

I don't go along with Accies being way better than us Elvis but Templeton was the star man when he was on the pitch. I'll give you this.. Hamilton do know how to grind out a point. Draw about right at the end. Imo

Just in.

First half was soooo forgettable. 

Hladky save onto the bar from Ogkmpoe was the highlight for us.

Second half we were better. Moved the ball faster and a little more direct.

Ref was awful and some of his decisions against us were baffling.

Durmus goal was a peach. I thought he was too close to make that.

By the end of the game I thought we were good enough for a win but it wasn't to be. We move on. 1 point better off on Hearts and Hamilton made no ground.

First half must have been Cammy McPherson's worst 45 minutes ever. He lost every 50:50 challenge and was responsible for losing the ball for Templton's goal. Beats me why he wasn't the midfielder binned at half time.

He did better in the second half, must have got a rocket from Goodwin.

Just now, Wilbur said:

First half must have been Cammy McPherson's worst 45 minutes ever. He lost every 50:50 challenge and was responsible for losing the ball for Templton's goal. Beats me why he wasn't the midfielder binned at half time.

4 out of the 5 were poor (Durmus just about got pass marks but definitely was our best player in the second 45), we had 1 unfit winger on the bench so not much option but to remain as we were.

Any of MacPherson, Foley, or Andreu could've came off. To me at least Cammy looked up and passed forward from time to time and doesn't put his passes 3 yards behind the receiving man (serious bugbear). 

Cammy and Sam both poor at goal. 

32 minutes ago, munoz said:

JG got it wrong tonight,  but at least changed things in the 2nd half.  

A few decent performers - Durmas and Famewo stood out. 

Could have been worse,  we could have easily lost. 

The most inept refereeing performance since Dallas at Ibrox- bordering on cheating.  

Bring on the Motherwell. 

Jeezo, the ref was far from the reason we only got a point.

He was the same ref for both teams, cheating, gie it a rest. 

Aye, bring on Motherwell, who will probably bury us by half time. 

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Just in.

First half was soooo forgettable. 

Hladky save onto the bar from Ogkmpoe was the highlight for us.

Second half we were better. Moved the ball faster and a little more direct.

Ref was awful and some of his decisions against us were baffling.

Durmus goal was a peach. I thought he was too close to make that.

By the end of the game I thought we were good enough for a win but it wasn't to be. We move on. 1 point better off on Hearts and Hamilton made no ground.

I didn't realise Hladky had touched the ball at the time to knock it onto the bar. Great strike. Great save. 

Seems most are critical of formation tonight and I can’t disagree.... the thing which makes it worse for me is Goodwin went with exactly the same tactic in Sept when we played them at home and it finished 0 0 against 10 men for almost half the match... tactic didn’t work then and certainly was not effective tonight... no lesson learned and an opportunity lost against a very poor team ( which we nearly lost to).
Fabulous free kick to get the point so at least a positive and believe the standard of teams in the league will provide plenty opportunities to get points, we just can’t afford to drop them with a whimper.
Also agree that ref was poor, more so in the second half and agree this was not the reason for the result tonight, only ourselves to blame unfortunately.
On to Saturday COYS

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think that is very unfair on young MacPherson... ... a young player who despite playing in a struggling team where not one single player could complete a simple a to b pass in the first half, never once hid; kept looking for the ball; and was one of the very few with any sense of urgency!

Andreau must still have been celebrating his goal against Hibs! That was the poorest I have seen the skipper in a long time. McGrath was anonymous at best.

Why pick on young Cammy?

Playing two wingers with Junior Morais up front as a lone striker was baffling at best, bordering on madness! If playing two wingers and one striker, stick with Obika and tell him he has 45 minutes to retain his starting position,,, or better still, play Cooke and tell him he has 45 minutes to earn a contract!

Junior was hung out to dry.

I actually think the abuse on here of him is unwarranted and out of order.

He fought for everything and often, held up the ball only for others to let him down.

We could have and should have been dead and buried by half time.

First time in a long time I've heard the home crowd return to longstanding default position... and tbh... I can't blame them!

Second half was better.

Hodson took up where he left off (penalty excepted. New guy looked full of potential. Players looked up for the fight more.

Durmus was my MoTM, with McCarthy, Famewo, MacPherson doing enough over the piece to deserve pass marks.

The ref?

Obika booked for a nothing challenge... his first of the match... their guys let off with physical assault on Flynn and Famewo.

There are poor refs... bad refs... and tonight... one with an agenda. That went way beyond incompetence! 

Bad enough being experimented upon with a rookie ref yet again... but to compound that with Double Dick as the Fourth official?

They must really hate us and want us back in the Championship!

I agree with Foley. It would be hypocrisy to shake the hand of that cheat at the end of the game!

Our next two league games away to Livingston and Motherwell.

Best home records outwith old firm.

Livingston most goals scored outwith old firm.

Livingston 5 home wins in a row.

Livingston and Motherwell aggregate score v Saints so far 10-4.

If we are playing 1 tiny striker high balls at home to Hamilton think Craig Levein's 6-4-0 in Prague might be getting used.

Can't see anything other than 2 heavy defeats to be honest.

Jeezo, the ref was far from the reason we only got a point.
He was the same ref for both teams, cheating, gie it a rest. 
Aye, bring on Motherwell, who will probably bury us by half time. 

Just now, Ronnie said:

Our next two league games away to Livingston and Motherwell.

Best home records outwith old firm.

Livingston most goals scored outwith old firm.

Livingston 5 home wins in a row.

Livingston and Motherwell aggregate score v Saints so far 10-4.

If we are playing 1 tiny striker high balls at home to Hamilton think Craig Levein's 6-4-0 in Prague might be getting used.

Can't see anything other than 2 heavy defeats to be honest.

Calm down, the cup game first.

IF we win that, a whole new light on the next few games.