St Mirren v Hamilton, 5th Feb 2020

faraway saint

Just now, windae cleaner said:

Out of jail tonight

We were fecking rotten against the poorest team in the league

As usual all focus on the ref to distract how poor we were

An quality free kick and that was our lot

Hope Flynn is fit as Hoddy gives me the fear. Gave away a needless penalty

You sure it's windaes you should be cleaning and no yer specs?

We were poor. Nobody has denied that. You care to defend the referees performance?

Hoddy gives you the fear? Man up! Poor challenge for the penalty... otherwise solid.

1 minute ago, doonhamer said:

Things could be worse. We could be Hamilton supporters and be forced to watch that shite every week.

This is becoming a bit tiresome.

I watched them for the first half against Celtic, coped very well.

They were equal, if not better, than us overall tonight.

Shite? Play to your strengths, what is our strength? 

Seems the manager doesn't know after that team selection. 

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You sure it's windaes you should be cleaning and no yer specs?

We were poor. Nobody has denied that. You care to defend the referees performance?

Hoddy gives you the fear? Man up! Poor challenge for the penalty... otherwise solid.

Ref lost the place in the last 10 but nothing major that affected the result

His challenge was needless and due to his poor control in the first place

Just as well the penalty was just as bad

Guest TPAFKATS
He lost it well before that. Refusing to give a free kick when the keeper goes outside the box with the ball in his hands is utter incompetence.

On Sat we played Away with a 4-4-1-1and attacked playing good football. Tonight at Home we start 4-2-3-1 with 2 sitting midfielders playing in front of the back 4 leaving acres of space in the middle. And Andre and McGrath didn't chase or put in a tackle. Could't believe Goody didn't change the formation after 20 mins as we were being overrun.

Foley had his worst ever game and there was no leadership in the team. Felt sorry for Junior being taken off as he had put in a good shift and Andreu gets 90mins while contributing little.

We got out of jail tonight but formation and personnel were Goody's responsibility and he made a mess of it. Hopefully that is our worst display out the way now.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

On Sat we played Away with a 4-4-1-1and attacked playing good football. Tonight at Home we start 4-2-3-1 with 2 sitting midfielders playing in front of the back 4 leaving acres of space in the middle. And Andre and McGrath didn't chase or put in a tackle. Could't believe Goody didn't change the formation after 20 mins as we were being overrun.

Foley had his worst ever game and there was no leadership in the team. Felt sorry for Junior being taken off as he had put in a good shift and Andreu gets 90mins while contributing little.

We got out of jail tonight but formation and personnel were Goody's responsibility and he made a mess of it. Hopefully that is our worst display out the way now.

Best post of the night 

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
25 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

He lost it well before that. Refusing to give a free kick when the keeper goes outside the box with the ball in his hands is utter incompetence.

Miller deliberately catching the ball in two hands whilst trying to award himself a free kick, thus preventing his opponent from playing the ball, is a nailed on yellow. But not in this game, even though it was penalised by a free kick for hand ball.

This is his first season refereeing top flight games. I think tonight was his 8th game.

Bad night at the office for Goodwin as very lucky to escape with a draw and he must take responsibility. Why we continue to shell high balls up to a lone isolated striker is beyond me, doesn't even matter which one.

McGrath very disappointing but hopefully just nerves on his home debut. Cooke must be wondering what he has to do to get into that team, guess his face just doesn't fit.

Free hit Cup game on Saturday, time for new lads to get a run out.

Miller deliberately catching the ball in two hands whilst trying to award himself a free kick, thus preventing his opponent from playing the ball, is a nailed on yellow. But not in this game, even though it was penalised by a free kick for hand ball.
This is his first season refereeing top flight games. I think tonight was his 8th game.

And hopefully his last , which sadly won’t be the case. Precursor to their goal, the goalie runs out the box carrying the ball, with a little help from Andrieu. Either free kick to them- probable- or us- less likely . But you can’t just carry on as if it didn’t happen, contravening the rules of football. Then, ball up park, waters gets head injury, and play not stopped, they score. As for last 15 minutes, along with his prancing walk off the park, less said the better. Had to apologise to my son for my swearing tonight, primarily at the referee, but also at our players, especially first half .

Definitely a missed opportunity.

Starting with Morias as a lone striker was a bizarre selection and as much as the wee man gave everything, he's not the answer to our paucity.

It was only when Obika and Jakubiak were up front that we started causing problems for their defence.

Crazy moment from Hodson but it's out of character.

Sublime FK from Durmus.

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

I thought I saw Morias feeling the back of his leg just before the sub. Maybe something to do with that.

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hello, just remembered, here's how it works...............factors to consider.

Certainly NOT what you are trying to say above. 

Still waiting on that apology? :rolleyes:

The first step for any bookmaker in setting their odds for a given event is trying to determine the true probability or odds of any given outcome occurring. What we mean by outcome, in this case, is any possible result that they may have to pay out on (e.g. a home win, a draw or an away win in the case of a football match).

Factors to consider:

In order to determine these true odds, bookmakers will look at factors such as prior form, statistics, historical precedents, expert opinion and any number of other such factors that could impact the event in question. Following this research and analysis, the bookmaker will be left with what they deem to be the most accurate possible true odds of any outcome occurring.

I am perfectly capable of using Google myself.

You've added nothing new here.

Congratulations.

Not understanding why Goodwin is continuing to bleat on about anxiety in the stands across all media outlets.

There wasn’t anxiety. There was shock at his selection, groans that the team couldn’t string two passes together in the first half and moans about how easy their goal was.

Zero anxiety once we scored, sounded like a good backing to me. Result last night lies with him, not the fans or ref.

7 hours ago, Sonny said:

Correct

Our midfield didn't work without the ball

He was caught out how Hamilton went about it instead of their usual shitfest

What about Rice,bumming up Templeton in the media before the game

He goes out and puts in a performance for him

8 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I was very impressed with Hamilton's player Miller number 11.  Makes you wonder how these small clubs find players like that.

The V9 academy believe it or not

15 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Not understanding why Goodwin is continuing to bleat on about anxiety in the stands across all media outlets.

There wasn’t anxiety. There was shock at his selection, groans that the team couldn’t string two passes together in the first half and moans about how easy their goal was.

Zero anxiety once we scored, sounded like a good backing to me. Result last night lies with him, not the fans or ref.

Very Gus-esque comment - seems to be a common theme. Always an excuse and always someone else's fault but his - several games this year we have through away points due to poor selection and/or subs