St Mirren v Hamilton, 5th Feb 2020

faraway saint

It was not only Cammy who was culpable for that goal - Water's attempted to beat Ogkmpoe in the air and clearly failed - crazy he was the one, but he is useless against a big guy in the air....   and Foley was completely ineffective at trying to mark/ prevent Templeton from scoring.
For me Andreu is a passenger far too often and when he does get chances they don't hit the target very often (previous match was an exception)
McCarthy was rubbish tonight and I agree Cammy was poor in the first half.
Morias is no use as a target man EVER:  and even though many fans hate Obika, he actually played quite well when he came on - wrong game to drop him in, if Morias  was replacing him as a target man - Tactically whatever we expected did not work !.
Jakubiak looks as if he will bring something positive to our side, but our midfield looked weak defensively most of the night...
Totally unbalanced bench is crazy at this level... [emoji460]
Bench was a real worry...
Keeper...
Hodson (only defender and actually a midfielder).
One winger who hasn't played in ages.
Four strikers!

Totally insufficient cover for injuries... Moreso given we only started with three actual defenders and Flynn who seems now to be redefined as a right back.

7 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Not understanding why Goodwin is continuing to bleat on about anxiety in the stands across all media outlets.

There wasn’t anxiety. There was shock at his selection, groans that the team couldn’t string two passes together in the first half and moans about how easy their goal was.

Zero anxiety once we scored, sounded like a good backing to me. Result last night lies with him, not the fans or ref.

Is he being economical with the truth OR trying to deflect from his tactical folly ? Or do you still believe everything he says ?  😁

43 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It was not only Cammy who was culpable for that goal - Water's attempted to beat Ogkmpoe in the air and clearly failed - crazy he was the one, but he is useless against a big guy in the air....   and Foley was completely ineffective at trying to mark/ prevent Templeton from scoring.

You are correct Sweeper07,  my mistake as I mistook McPherson for Foley being as weak as pish on Templeton.

I saw the goal again on BBC Alba las night, so I owe Cammy an apology for that one.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You are correct Sweeper07,  my mistake as I mistook McPherson for Foley being as weak as pish on Templeton.

I saw the goal again on BBC Alba las night, so I owe Cammy an apology for that one.

I am a fan of Foley but felt he had a poor first half last night. 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Also...
The coward left the pitch before the players!

Likely to avoid the players in the tunnel and to make sure he got hot water for his shower before the club turned the water off  :rolleyes:

I find it disappointing that the club isn't making a issue out of his efforts to ref a game.

Can you imagine the press if we were 1 of the bigots team  

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

An other issue with the ref, I thought players don't go off the pitch after getting treatment if the foul is in your favour.

Twice our players were told to go off but none of the Accies players did after getting treatment. 

The rule is if the “offender” receives a yellow card then you don’t have to leave the pitch after treatment. Obika got booked, the Accies players weren’t. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Coward?  Bravery?

Away and take a chill pill FFS.

You have no idea if he's a coward or brave.

Are you the only person in here who can hold an opinion? I think not. Maybe the TV didn't cover the ref leaving the field. I don't think the poster is suggesting that the ref was afraid that he would face a physical confrontation, rather that he wanted to avoid the obvious annoyance of the Saints Players 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh aye, calling people a coward, with no substance. :lol:

I see the forum fools joining in, pity he's on ignore, I'm sure it'll be an enthralling addition, arsehole he is. :moony2

One day you might join in any discussions on a civilised basis. I won't hold my breath though. Sad. To see a man of your age acting as you do. 

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

One day you might join in any discussions on a civilised basis. I won't hold my breath though. Sad. To see a man of your age acting as you do. 

Like you, who asks nonsensical questions on other threads, then fecks off with no comment.

You're a fecking troll.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Like you, who asks nonsensical questions on other threads, then fecks off with no comment.

You're a fecking troll.

He's already been called out today for trolling, he'll never change, like the attention yet hardly anyone bothers with him.

His continual "no value" posts have now been seen for what they are, a sad attempt for attention. 

Almost as much a no mark as that fanny Jaybee. :lol:

2 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

The rule is if the “offender” receives a yellow card then you don’t have to leave the pitch after treatment. Obika got booked, the Accies players weren’t. 

The Accies player that did Flynn got booked and Flynn left the pitch. Sub didn't come on till after we scored with the free kick so briefly we only had 10 men on the pitch.

Cheers for the info about this situation as it was something I was not aware of. 

2 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

It's actually up to the discretion of the ref whether the player leaves the pitch or not.

I'm sure one of our players was injured and the opposing player was booked, but our player was asked to leave the pitch.

Might have been Stelios when Ross was the manager. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's already been called out today for trolling, he'll never change, like the attention yet hardly anyone bothers with him.

His continual "no value" posts have now been seen for what they are, a sad attempt for attention. 

Almost as much a no mark as that fanny Jaybee. :lol:

And what are your comments on the topic? Let me remind you.. It is St Mirren v Hamilton. 

8 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

The guy is just in the door and has not been playing regularly and needs to get match fit and used to his many new teammates.

And by the way - he was outstanding in the play-offs which kept us in this league !

No he wasn’t. Certainly not exceptionally so. No one was outstanding in the play off. It was two terrible games decided by penalties. 
Hladky in the shoot out was excellent. Other than that, no one stood out..

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

It's actually up to the discretion of the ref whether the player leaves the pitch or not.

I'm sure one of our players was injured and the opposing player was booked, but our player was asked to leave the pitch.

Might have been Stelios when Ross was the manager. 

Stelios away at Livingston the season we got promoted.

Let's be honest, that rule was only made "to the ref's discretion" to cover the previous complete lack of consistency

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

The Accies player that did Flynn got booked and Flynn left the pitch. Sub didn't come on till after we scored with the free kick so briefly we only had 10 men on the pitch.

Cheers for the info about this situation as it was something I was not aware of. 

A sub would have been allowed on prior to the free kick. For some reason our bench chose not to select a sub.

It surprised me since you see on tv matches the medic talking to the bench indicating that the

injured player is unfit to continue and his replacement comes on.

A sub would have been allowed on prior to the free kick. For some reason our bench chose not to select a sub.

It surprised me since you see on tv matches the medic talking to the bench indicating that the

injured player is unfit to continue and his replacement comes on.

Like most Saints fans I love Goody hes a great guy and loves the club. But his post match comments were out of order. Saying Anxiety in crowd made his player nervous. Sorry Goody that is load of shite. The nerves everywhere was caused by how poor the team was playing. team selection. And humping high balls up to the smallest guy on the pitch. Team played badly. It has nothing to do with the fans Goody. PS . Sorry never meant to quote poster above.