St Mirren v Hamilton, 5th Feb 2020

faraway saint

They’ll probably pack their defence and let us have the ball (like us playing SEVCO the other week) and hit on the break. Hopefully we can get an early goal which means their game plan goes out the window.

According to Beuzelin after the game they will be playing to win on Wednesday night. He says a point will not be good enough.

Given their defensive problems they may decide just to go for it and try and outscore us. They've only had 2 clean sheets this season anyway (compared to our 8).

Today couldn't really have played out any better for us: early sending off then a power of work put in for the remainder the game as Celtic had to keep the foot on the gas.

Accies though......

39 minutes ago, munoz said:

Or an early goal from us might see them open up and leave some space to exploit. 

Expected fence sitting response received from the Arbroath man I see. 

I prefer the early goal route but happy to take a winning goal whenever it might come. 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Is there such a thing as a "12 Pointer"?
If there is then imo it's this game..!
Win and we can move on up, and continue to build a positive run..

Lose, and if County and Hearts win we are deep in the smelly stuff. I hate Hamilton!

Very suscinctly put in your own inimitable way. COYS 

26 minutes ago, munoz said:

The bookies are rarely wrong. 

Am I missing something? The bookies odds follow the money placed by punters. The bookies have short odds on Saints beating Hamilton not because they think Sants will win but because that is what punters have bet on. If everyone bet on Hamilton those odds would shorten immediately and Hamilton would be "favourites".

If someone wants to correct me I'm all ears. I'm not a gambling person.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Am I missing something? The bookies odds follow the money placed by punters. The bookies have short odds on Saints beating Hamilton not because they think Sants will win but because that is what punters have bet on. If everyone bet on Hamilton those odds would shorten immediately and Hamilton would be "favourites".

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-do-odds-work-in-betting-understanding-how-football/1js0uh1vr8kxq1xoezn222ermb

Well known by anyone who knows me that I don’t bet.

So, once I get one of sons to show me how to place a bet [emoji2] ( truth ) putting £10 Saints to score 5. ( if that’s something that you can do )

We will run riot this game

Ps; no midweek swally was consumed during or before this post. [emoji2]

1 hour ago, pod said:

Thanks pod. I'm even more pleased that I don't bet after reading this. 

Did bet once on a game with a £10 bet and won but have never repeated it. I didn't bet my own money although I was able to keep the winnings. The money was paid as I was acting as a secret shopper to report on the betting office. 

Where I come from Snitches get Stiches is a popular phrase.

Thanks pod. I'm even more pleased that I don't bet after reading this. 
Did bet once on a game with a £10 bet and won but have never repeated it. I didn't bet my own money although I was able to keep the winnings. The money was paid as I was acting as a secret shopper to report on the betting office. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Where I come from Snitches get Stiches is a popular phrase.

Oh dear. The mining village I was brought up in was the epitome of good behaviour.  I take it you are suggesting that, in some way, in doing this work it disadvantaged people in some way. Strange outlook since the brief was to first and foremost report on what was being done correctly and secondly any improvements that might be made. The company rewarded those branches who provided the best customer service and environment for customers so win, win, 

Edited by St.Ricky

8 hours ago, pod said:

That article doesn't explain anything clearly.

He doesn't say how the bookies come up with their prices and he doesn't explain what "edge" is despite using the phrase several times.

Of course, I could just be having a brain block over this stuff.

Edited by oaksoft

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No they don't.

The odds will alter if masses of money are placed on one team.

Where do you think the odds come from before people have placed a bet, the betting fairy? 😂

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No they don't.

Where do you think the odds come from before people have placed a bet, the betting fairy? 😂

Yep. I imagine most folk don't wager till the day of a football match/matches but the odds are set way in advance. They do often fluctuate slightly,  but generally stay more or less the same as the bookies have previously set.

Anyway,  Saints still 3 Hamilton still 0.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Yep. I imagine most folk don't wager till the day of a football match/matches but the odds are set way in advance. They do often fluctuate slightly,  but generally stay more or less the same as the bookies have previously set.

Anyway,  Saints still 3 Hamilton still 0.

I like your prediction. 

COYS

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No they don't.

I literally just said that bit on bold.

I am beginning to think Ricky is right about you. You can't fecking read.

Oh and if you think for one minute that I'm going to get into a Baz-style argument over pedantic nonsense such as who sets the very first seeding odds, you'll be disappointed.

Congrats on getting 5 likes for your bizarre post BTW. How in the name of hell did you manage that? 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

He Can't read or can't comprehend.. Take your pick. Personally, I think F Man is just so overcome with a need to get a response out that he skims what has been written. Most of us do that, I Guess, but not with such regularity. Hence, he does what he has just done here. 

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh and if you think for one minute that I'm going to get into a Baz-style argument over pedantic nonsense such as who sets the very first seeding odds, you'll be disappointed.

Congrats on getting 5 likes for your bizarre post BTW. How in the name of hell did you manage that? 🤣

I'll get back to you later, got to keep the Oil and Gas industry going. 

By the way, it won't be pretty. 😉 It shows you're desperate trying to find solace in the forum fool. 

Edited by faraway saint