Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
4 minutes ago, smcc said:
Nice to see you back, Stu D. Glad to see your views haven't changed1

It is indeed nice to see him back and he makes a good point.

No he doesn't, WHO owns the most shares?  They are the clubs owner. That person or persons can do as THEY wish. and as someone else pointed out nobody else came up with cash to make sure asset strippers never had a chance to do their dirty deeds. smacks of jealousy to  me.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think you are adopting a very narrow definition of community. If a young person from another part of the country moves to Kibble, don't they then become part of the local community? If they stay there for five years and get a flat in Paisley, do they become part of the local community at that point, or will they still be viewed as an outsider? If Kibble adopted that same narrow approach, I'd have real doubts about their values and ethos.

Personally, I think helping young people who've suffered sometimes massive trauma to rebuild their lives is something which is of real benefit to the community, and the origin of the young person is entirely irrelevant. There is a wider debate about whether it's always good practice to move young people a considerable distance away from home - often it's not - but there are other times it's unavoidable. We should not discriminate against young people simply because of where they come from. An unfortunate parochialism has crept into this thread.

I would question this idea that people who come from other areas, the vast majority, somehow decide to stay in Paisley and are seen as pillars of the community. 

An awful lot of "if's" there while trying to prove a point,

I don't see anyone questioning what the Kibble TRY to achieve and no-one is discriminating against anyone.

You're barking up the wrong tree here mate. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
19 minutes ago, jaybee said:
Yes you may well have a point , I found most of the early part of the original post reasonable; until it became about GS raking in the profits, LPM seems to forget that SMFC is HIS club, he owns it and is entitled to do any deal HE thinks is OK. 

No smfc belongs to the fans.. at least that what the chairman says.
And can you please show where I said the chairman was raking in profit

Check with Companies House and see who owns the largest amount of shares, whoever that is is the owner NOW, who owns it later is another issue. apologies for the raking in the profits comment, my mistake you certainly didn't say that .

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
40 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Just to be nit picky weeeeeeeeee man, if your daughter  who  worked there for a whole 3 months, said the youths are mainly from other areas, then possibly some of the not mainly from other areas ones,  might just be local, (I am maybe stretching a point here in assuming 'not from other areas' means probably local) and if one assumes some (at least) of the employed staff are also local, then you owe cockles an apology............................don't hold your breath cockles.  😎

Popped you off ignore to point and laugh.........................please try to write in English, I have no fecking idea what the feck you're on about,  especially the bit in red, ya Wank Wank Wank Broadfoot. :lol:

Not My PROBLEM that you are illiterate...........do me a BIG favour and put me back on ignore. Your such an obnoxious little arsehole anyway. 

No he doesn't, WHO owns the most shares?  They are the clubs owner. That person or persons can do as THEY wish. and as someone else pointed out nobody else came up with cash to make sure asset strippers never had a chance to do their dirty deeds. smacks of jealousy to  me.
Oh my word. Really?

You don't care what happens to St Mirren fc as long as the person owning most shares does as they please, as is their right? Yes? Really?

Is that what you meant as that's how it read?

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Oh my word. Really?

You don't care what happens to St Mirren fc as long as the person owning most shares does as they please, as is their right? Yes? Really?

He's got trouble producing sentences that reflect what goes on in his head. 

That's why I have him on ignore, another Wank Broadfoot. 

7 hours ago, Dickson said:

https://communityshares.org.uk/resources/handbook/community-benefit-societies

I think LPM is wrong when he says that the sale of shares to Kibble would be illegal after SMISA buys the club. That doesn't appear to be true. Many businesses in the third sector do sell off chunks of their assets to private companies. That is perfectly legal. The stipulation under the regulations would be that the money from that sale of those assets would have to be used for the benefit of the broader interests of the community and not profit any member of the society. 

However I do think it is healthy to hold a large degree of scepticism over the proposal. After all the Trustees of a charity have a legal duty to ensure that all of their resources are used only to further or support it's charitable aims and I doubt that handing over six figure sums to a wealthy property developer driving an Aston Martin for his shares in a football club that are supposed to be worthless  would fit their legal obligations. So the question remains - what are they getting in return for their money that will further the aims of their charity? What is it that is being sold off at the football club for the sole financial benefit of Gordon Scott? And why are the committee at SMISA so happy to jump on board? 

I have to say as well that rather than turn ire on LPM for trying to raise awareness and discussion on the issue, it would be far more healthy for St Mirren fans to pour scorn and anger on the likes of - in this case smcc - who has posted to the effect that fans of the club should just do as the Chairman wants out of deference and respect to him. Many other football club fans have found to their cost that their chairman being a fan of their club doesn't offer any protection for the long term future of the club, when that individual is also driven by greed and a desire to make money out of every opportunity. 

I hold no axe against GLS. Nor am I particularly beholden to him for parking some of his (company's) money with the club. There were, are plenty of assets there to return his funds if things went wrong. Nor am I angry with him over his stewardship of the club to date. Neither do I grudge him getting his money back at the planned date or sooner. These are, in my opinion, red herrings which distort calm and objective scrutiny of the proposals. My only other contribution so far has been to suggest that whether legally (that should be a given) or not that a straight majority would suffice it would be both good practice and in the interests of transparency to hold an EGM and require 75% to vote in favour. If it is a great proposition then what would it's supporters and proponents have to fear!? 

Guest TPAFKATS
Highly unhelpful post, there is a serious matter requiring debate/clarification not including clown car baw baggery of a tedious nature, thanks for your contribution
It wasn't helpful to any debate but it was rather amusing.

Guest TPAFKATS
yes it is
This is the opening line of the About Kibble section of the kibble.org website

"Kibble supports at risk children and young people (aged 5-26) across the UK."

This would suggest that they are not a Paisley or Renfrewshire community operation, despite being based in Paisley.

Personally, I don't think that's an issue with regards the proposal.

This is the opening line of the About Kibble section of the kibble.org website

"Kibble supports at risk children and young people (aged 5-26) across the UK."

This would suggest that they are not a Paisley or Renfrewshire community operation, despite being based in Paisley.

Personally, I don't think that's an issue with regards the proposal.
London Lady

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Oh my word. Really?

Not at all, simply making a point that several people chose to ignore, it is a forum and as such has diverse opinions but sometimes what people want takes over from common sense. I am sure that GS stepped in and bought the shares and fully intends to pass ownership to the fans; but to read some of the rhetoric on here you might think otherwise.

Indeed I do care what happens to St Mirren and personally I worry about 'fan ownership' regarding the practicalities of how it will work 

So no, it is not a case of the owner doing as he pleases, just his entitlement to do as he wishes with his investment, ie: the Kibble quible.

I am not sure that it will benefit the club as much as is intimated, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

1 hour ago, Dickson said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Let me get this straight Jaybee - just so I totally understand you. 

You think that whoever owns the most shares at St Mirren FC should be able to do anything they wish. Does that include asset stripping? Or would that be a dirty deed? 

Read my response to buddieinek. I was making a point, nothing more.

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Yes you may well have a point , I found most of the early part of the original post reasonable; until it became about GS raking in the profits, LPM seems to forget that SMFC is HIS club, he owns it and is entitled to do any deal HE thinks is OK. 

You sure about that ?  because he already has a deal, Am pretty sure it will be legally binding  :huh: 

Not at all, simply making a point that several people chose to ignore, it is a forum and as such has diverse opinions but sometimes what people want takes over from common sense. I am sure that GS stepped in and bought the shares and fully intends to pass ownership to the fans; but to read some of the rhetoric on here you might think otherwise.
Indeed I do care what happens to St Mirren and personally I worry about 'fan ownership' regarding the practicalities of how it will work 
So no, it is not a case of the owner doing as he pleases, just his entitlement to do as he wishes with his investment, ie: the Kibble quible.
I am not sure that it will benefit the club as much as is intimated, but I could be persuaded otherwise.
So bottom line... His ball... He can do what he likes?

Still seems that way to me from what you say.

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Point one, as I don't know the break down on employing local people I'll leave that to a side.

Point two, these youths, and my daughter worked there for 3 months, are mainly from other areas, how is that helping the local community?

I know you're falling over yourself to disprove EVERYTHING he says but there's many parts of his posts that are true and many that throw up interesting scenarios.

The problem with LPM is that his reasonable points are wrapped up in a sea of unproven conspiracy theory mud slinging and posts full of incoherent screeching.

Someone else needs to calmly break down the risks here in a coherently stuctured and evidence-based manner because nobody is going to listen seriously to this absolute spangle.

2 hours ago, Dickson said:

Let me get this straight Jaybee - just so I totally understand you. 

You think that whoever owns the most shares at St Mirren FC should be able to do anything they wish. Does that include asset stripping? Or would that be a dirty deed? 

It's not a case of whether he "should" or not.

It's a matter of fact that he can do whatever he wants because he is the owner. If he truly wanted to, he could sell every asset and pulp the entire club.

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

You sure about that ?  because he already has a deal, Am pretty sure it will be legally binding  :huh: 

No I am not SURE about it, as I explained in another response; I was trying to make the point about ownership, I have no doubt GS will honour whatever agreement he has made, however he is a successful businessman and unlikely to let himself be hogtied in any dealings........................just my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

So bottom line... His ball... He can do what he likes?

Still seems that way to me from what you say.

So bottom line... His ball... He can do what he likes?   Ownership wise, yes if he was inclined to, however as I said I think he is working in the clubs best interest and will continue to do so.

Still seems that way to me from what you say.  Well I have explained as best I can, so either you just don't get what I am saying or you choose not to, either way your problem, not mine.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The problem with LPM is that his reasonable points are wrapped up in a sea of unproven conspiracy theory mud slinging and posts full of incoherent screeching.

Someone else needs to calmly break down the risks here in a coherently stuctured and evidence-based manner because nobody is going to listen seriously to this absolute spangle.

Couldn't agree with this more. The approach LPM takes will likely do more good in convincing the members reading, to vote yes than the updates from SMISA. 

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You couldnae make it up!
But you did anyway lok

Hmm nope, I stand by this. You see it in different parts of life as well. the rambling and howling of people that talk down to others and think their view is completely right and others don't have any substance. Add into that many completely unsubstantiated claims and clear vendettas, you'll be one of the big tools (pun intended) for the yes side. 

Hmm nope, I stand by this. You see it in different parts of life as well. the rambling and howling of people that talk down to others and think their view is completely right and others don't have any substance. Add into that many completely unsubstantiated claims and clear vendettas, you'll be one of the big tools (pun intended) for the yes side. 
"IRONY ALERT"

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

"IRONY ALERT"

As I have said many times, no issue with different opinions. Unrelenting, baseless negativity... Sure but not other opinions. Whatever makes you feel better though as your campaign to tarnish GLS continually fails to bear fruit.