Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

For all you slag LPM the feeling I got at Easter Road from the SMISA members I spoke to is one of great distrust to a proposal eight Months in the making without a murmur. The original plan merely ripped up and discarded. For all the confidence shown on here I think it could be a very close vote. Also do not think something like this should be decided on a simple majority. Should be 75% of all members for such a huge change.

15 minutes ago, guinness said:

For all you slag LPM the feeling I got at Easter Road from the SMISA members I spoke to is one of great distrust to a proposal eight Months in the making without a murmur. The original plan merely ripped up and discarded. For all the confidence shown on here I think it could be a very close vote. Also do not think something like this should be decided on a simple majority. Should be 75% of all members for such a huge change.

75% of all members IMO would just be putting in barriers to change. It’s been shown that there’s a pool of members that just want to pay their money & don’t really Want to engage on voting. 
what that would mean is, if (and it’s a big if) there were circa 300 members that had that view on this deal, it would scupper people that actually have a view on what direction they want to take the club forward.

If we take it as we currently have 1,200 members (think it’s a bit more) it would not be remotely democratic that any combination of 300 no/ don’t want to votes, could scupper this opportunity. 

what I can see benefit in though is maybe a higher percentage in voting members. Then it would be a lot fairer than the decision holding power being with those that are least engaged. Will say though, as much as I take the point & are the benefit, I still support a simple voting majority for anything like this. 

Edited by bazil85

Been reading through this over the last couple of days and it's fair to say, LPM has made some valid points regarding the Kibble/SMISA partnership but given his past comments and views about the club/GLS/SMISA etc it's difficult to decide what are valid points and what are just more attempts to try and cause waves within SMISA.

Going to the meeting on Thursday night so hopefully the concerns that posters have put on here will be put to the panel and we can get some much needed answers.

2 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Been reading through this over the last couple of days and it's fair to say, LPM has made some valid points regarding the Kibble/SMISA partnership but given his past comments and views about the club/GLS/SMISA etc it's difficult to decide what are valid points and what are just more attempts to try and cause waves within SMISA.

Going to the meeting on Thursday night so hopefully the concerns that posters have put on here will be put to the panel and we can get some much needed answers.

Taking into account the enormity of this proposal shouldn't a vote be taking some time after this meeting to allow proper consideration on any questions/answers that arise on the night.

You can be sure there will be prepared responses, designed to ease this through. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Taking into account the enormity of this proposal shouldn't a vote be taking some time after this meeting to allow proper consideration on any questions/answers that arise on the night.

You can be sure there will be prepared responses, designed to ease this through. 

I take it you mean taken. 

I too do not believe that a vote should be taken at the first meeting. People need a chance to ask questions and get answers. The proposers many take into account points raised and wish to consult and amend their proposals. The final vote should not be at the meeting but like a normal £2 vote so that everyone gets a chance to vote whether to accept it or not.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I too do not believe that a vote should be taken at the first meeting. People need a chance to ask questions and get answers. The proposers many take into account points raised and wish to consult and amend their proposals. The final vote should not be at the meeting but like a normal £2 vote so that everyone gets a chance to vote whether to accept it or not.

Great idea. 🥰

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Hmm nope, I stand by this. You see it in different parts of life as well. the rambling and howling of people that talk down to others and think their view is completely right and others don't have any substance. Add into that many completely unsubstantiated claims and clear vendettas, you'll be one of the big tools (pun intended) for the yes side. 

Your a fine one to talk,  kettle calling pot :lol:

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Vote taken using Very Connect, No date so far, maybe announced Thursday at meeting

I cant make it on Thursday. I do hope someone makes it along to establish 'what's in it for them'.

I contacted SMiSA to check whether the meeting will be recorded and made available to view for members unable to attend and I’m pleased to report that it will be.
Going to need to order more popcorn.

1 minute ago, Dickson said:

SMISA's constitution states that any amendment to the Society rules would need an extraordinary resolution which would require 75% of the votes cast at an EGM for the change to pass. An ordinary resolution would just need a simple majority. It will be interesting to see how the SMISA committee intend to treat this proposal by which voting structure they choose to put in place. 

779391733_Annotation2020-02-03131932.png.3efe36f9182ae4d60edbe9820f5163ff.png

Same voting procedure as normal via Very Connect system 

Simple Majority of those who vote wins

5 minutes ago, Dickson said:

SMISA's constitution states that any amendment to the Society rules would need an extraordinary resolution which would require 75% of the votes cast at an EGM for the change to pass. An ordinary resolution would just need a simple majority. It will be interesting to see how the SMISA committee intend to treat this proposal by which voting structure they choose to put in place. 

779391733_Annotation2020-02-03131932.png.3efe36f9182ae4d60edbe9820f5163ff.png

Perhaps I AM being a bit dim here.......................BUT what doe sit matter re SMISA rules and regs, if GS decides to sell shares to Kibble, how does SMISA rules have any relevance, or am I REALLy being dim?

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I take it you mean taken. 

Ricky...  I would move out of your glass house before I started lobbing spelling bricks...   :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My preference would be an all out attacking blitz but 8 doubt that would be successful. In truth, we need to be clever and vary our tactics during the game so I expect a bit of both. Hamilton are losing more goals than previously. 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Very suscinctly put in your own inimitable way. COYS 

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Perhaps I AM being a bit dim here.......................BUT what doe sit matter re SMISA rules and regs, if GS decides to sell shares to Kibble, how does SMISA rules have any relevance, or am I REALLy being dim?

the difference is the number of shares that SMISA can buy-current agreement is for SMISA to take a 75% holding but that will not happen if GLS sells his shares, so SMISA has to propose the change and vote on it

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the difference is the number of shares that SMISA can buy-current agreement is for SMISA to take a 75% holding but that will not happen if GLS sells his shares, so SMISA has to propose the change and vote on it

71%

GLS was keeping 8% back in the original proposal. Something which I questioned at the time. Now looks like his 8% is on the table for kibble. 

Wasting your time Doakes.  I asked for evidence of assertions and just got accused of (paraphrasing) not bringing anything to the discussion.  Weirdly enough, it has happened on different threads and came from the two people who normally disagree most vehemently on this forum.  Maybe it just shows that being too far to either side makes you unable to see anybody else's view and unable to accept criticism or questioning.

Anyway, back on the topic title - no, neither SMFC or SMiSA are teetering on the brink.
Is that a for real question regarding how would it work if Smisa bought these 27.5% shares?

If it is? Yes smisa wouldn't need the rest of Scott's shares. And that's where all this started when the selling consortium cut him out of their deal.
Smisa could buy these shares on Thursday night, and we would be fan owned there and then!
Why is Scott going back on the agreement to sell to smisa? Kibble do not need to buy over a quarter of the club to achieve the aims they have set out.
So why are they spending £300k they dont need to? Out of the goodness of their hearts lol

You should also be clear LPM, that the £300k isn't going into the club or to SMISA. It's going into Gordon Scotts bank account. 
I am clear, there perhaps are a few within the support sho think Scott has put money into the club?
The fans and Smisa are the only ones who have, and continue to finance the club.
If over a quarter of it is sold to an outside organisation then, as many have indicated that Fan Financing will stop!