Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

I agree with your points above but it was how the whole thing was set up and you were one of the vocal drivers at it's inception. I have always had constitutional concerns with regards to SMiSA but accept that most of the members are really only in it as they see their contributions as a benefit to the club hence the small voting numbers each quarter etc
I got involved basically to use my experience, knowledge and expertise to build smisa and the club. I had misgivings about the real endgame of those involved, but thought it better to tackle that from the inside. I accepted there was no perfect deal in my or everyone's eyes.
To be sat down with lifelong saints fans who just wanted assurance their subscription would be ringfenced to buy 71% of the club they loved, then for them to allow me to set up their direct debit online was a privilege.
Now I feel for my part I have let them down, what was promised to them quickly started to dissolve, and it felt wrong.
Kibble are a good organisation, but they simply dont want the same things we want, therefore conflict is inevitable, and will harm both parties.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I got involved basically to use my experience, knowledge and expertise to build smisa and the club. I had misgivings about the real endgame of those involved, but thought it better to tackle that from the inside. I accepted there was no perfect deal in my or everyone's eyes.
To be sat down with lifelong saints fans who just wanted assurance their subscription would be ringfenced to buy 71% of the club they loved, then for them to allow me to set up their direct debit online was a privilege.
Now I feel for my part I have let them down, what was promised to them quickly started to dissolve, and it felt wrong.
Kibble are a good organisation, but they simply dont want the same things we want, therefore conflict is inevitable, and will harm both parties.

you've not let anyone down, you tried your best, just you're unfortunately out of sync with the majority!

Very honest LPM.....we have often locked horns but from my end it was more about your delivery than anything else, I have often recognised some of your concerns as similar to my own.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ha, ha ha... good one!
That mean they see smfc as a charity case?
Everything Kibble do is paid for!

if it;s in a shareholders agreement, of benefit to St Mirren then it will benefit the kibble

and to be fair, it's not conflict that is of concern, alternative view points are to be encouraged.

It's the outcomes that are important - if these are agreeable and of benefit to all, then the partnership will work.

Edited by garzo

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 minutes ago, garzo said:
you've not let anyone down, you tried your best, just you're unfortunately out of sync with the majority!

Ahh it's a done deal then?

this particular deal has still to have a vote, so I'm not prejudging the outcome of it.

I'm observing you are out of sync on most other matters on here - I may be wrong though!

if it;s in a shareholders agreement, of benefit to St Mirren then it will benefit the kibble
and to be fair, it's not conflict that is of concern, conflict and alternative view points are to be encouraged.
It's the outcomes that are important - if these are agreeable and of benefit to all, then the partnership will work.
Honest question for anyone/everyone.
If A.N. Other came along with a counter proposal to lend smisa the funds now to buy Scott's shares.
And that they would undertake to invest in building the club's community trust to advantage all in the local community. And invest in the playing/infrastructure of the club.
And in return would want to be chairman for say five year period then subject to vote if still keen.
How do you think you would vote?
And the above proposal ensured a smisa board majority.

Honest question for anyone/everyone.
If A.N. Other came along with a counter proposal to lend smisa the funds now to buy Scott's shares.
And that they would undertake to invest in building the club's community trust to advantage all in the local community. And invest in the playing/infrastructure of the club.
And in return would want to be chairman for say five year period then subject to vote if still keen.
How do you think you would vote?
And the above proposal ensured a smisa board majority.

that offer is a bit short on detail, is it not?

the one we have in front of us at the moment is a bit more than 6 lines in a thread in the middle of a fans forum!

Come on get sensible Sir!

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

That's not what I heard ?  they said at the meeting they are service provider and that's how they make their money, 

not to detriment or cost to SMFC though, that's what I heard.
Worth following up on your point though - just to be clear.

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No that's just what Div wants you to think.

Div wants everyone to review the facts of the proposal and to make their own minds up about what way to vote.

Div doesn't mind if the proposal is defeated or accepted.

Either way Div will be a SMiSA member for ever more.

Div doesn't do walking away.

Don't speak for Div thank you very much, Div can do it for himself.

ps; Let's not forget that Div is giving you the public platform to absolutely slate the Kibble, SMiSA, the club, the board and the chairman. I'm all for free speech.

Guest TPAFKATS
to be fair - does this deal not answer all of your concerns?
are smisa not bringing this deal to the table, to bring on board the necessary expertise that you mention?
it's actually a masterstroke by the fans group!
It's being sold as a deal that seems to good to be true. My only concern is there doesn't appear to be substance behind the claims.
Still can't see what they get back for their significant investment (time and money)

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's being sold as a deal that seems to good to be true. My only concern is there doesn't appear to be substance behind the claims.
Still can't see what they get back for their significant investment (time and money)

The Kibble will benefit greatly from brand awareness and by association with St Mirren Football Club,
Positioning themselves alongside the clubs brand will project them right out into the forefront across Scotland,
They will benefit from the opportunities this brings them to grow their own business activities,

They will have access to St MIrren football club facilities, which will in turn benefit vulnerable young people and the community of Paisley - that's why they exist.

They are not hiding any of this and St Mirren Football club will benefit as a result.

thats business
In 2016, we bought into the deal presented for BTB and took what was said to be the right deal & paid into it.

Last week, I ordered a new car, specific model, in black & whacked down my money for the deal

When I take delivery of that car, if anything is not as I bought into, I'll be getting my money back & spending it on something that is what I bought.

Now,

If this deal gets approved, myself and anyone else dissatisfied with the change we didn't authorise should be entitled to get their money back.

My take since last night, there seems to be a fair number of people that have taken comfort in the content and support for the arrangement has seemingly risen/ solidified (granted it’s only the social media take and won’t be close to absolute). Still some undecided but if BAWA poll (with 618 responses 54% in favour, 37% undecided and 9% against so far) is anything to go by it looks like this deal could pass with a landslide.

There are still a few against as well as we see on here with some valid concerns. Some searching through the muck to find them right enough. The majority of against comments are clearly down to long-term vendettas against SMISA/ GLS which would exist regardless of what was proposed and indeed as we have seen, exist with the current proposal. We are also seeing a predictable last gasp scaremongering campaign with some absolute gems so far:

• That members who vote against this will likely end their membership (he’s been making similar claims for years now yet to his clear frustration BTB has held strong at over 120% initial membership target)
  • that Kibble are in this for a financial gain from the football club, ultimately a belief that they’re coming in to take money out of the club to our detriment.
  • Conflict is inevitable and will harm both parties.

Fortunately the mask has slipped on that individual a long time ago and it’s very common knowledge on here that his comments don’t generally hold much truth and are only targeted to try and hurt GLS/ SMISA

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Already covered.  Already covered.  Don't give a shit.

I'll take that as a yes, fill your boots. I'm discussing the proposal.

Sorry you're still hung-up on our last argument. clearly it has festered with you and that wasn't my intention.

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My take since last night, there seems to be a fair number of people that have taken comfort in the content and support for the arrangement has seemingly risen/ solidified (granted it’s only the social media take and won’t be close to absolute). Still some undecided but if BAWA poll (with 618 responses 54% in favour, 37% undecided and 9% against so far) is anything to go by it looks like this deal could pass with a landslide.

There are still a few against as well as we see on here with some valid concerns. Some searching through the muck to find them right enough. The majority of against comments are clearly down to long-term vendettas against SMISA/ GLS which would exist regardless of what was proposed and indeed as we have seen, exist with the current proposal. We are also seeing a predictable last gasp scaremongering campaign with some absolute gems so far:

• That members who vote against this will likely end their membership (he’s been making similar claims for years now yet to his clear frustration BTB has held strong at over 120% initial membership target)
  • that Kibble are in this for a financial gain from the football club, ultimately a belief that they’re coming in to take money out of the club to our detriment.
  • Conflict is inevitable and will harm both parties.

Fortunately the mask has slipped on that individual a long time ago and it’s very common knowledge on here that his comments don’t generally hold much truth and are only targeted to try and hurt GLS/ SMISA

What's holding up the video of the meeting

4 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

In 2016, we bought into the deal presented for BTB and took what was said to be the right deal & paid into it.

Last week, I ordered a new car, specific model, in black & whacked down my money for the deal

When I take delivery of that car, if anything is not as I bought into, I'll be getting my money back & spending it on something that is what I bought.

Now,

If this deal gets approved, myself and anyone else dissatisfied with the change we didn't authorise should be entitled to get their money back.

That could very well be true, I imagine there's a really decent chance of that standing up.

Here's hoping if the deal is voted through fans of St Mirren Football Club respect the democratic change in direction and consider the consequences multiple refund requests could have on the football club they support. 

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

What's holding up the video of the meeting

I'm not sure, hopefully up soon. I couldn't make it last night after all so really want to see it. base don the feedback I'm 99% sure I'll be a yes now but want to rubber stamp that.