Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

see that wee bit in red? Will SMISA, with 51% have the clout to change the Kibble reps if we weren't happy with them? I don't think so.
SMISA & St Mirren can work very successfully with Kibble without Kibble buying shares in the club and by doing so, will ensure the safeguarding of this fan ownership model.

Lying through their teeth springs to mind.
They're probably mystified at all the hoo ha over this thinking "f**k me, did they actually think we were ever going to let that happen"

Just a quickie
If the vote is in favour & Kibble buy these shares from GLS.
What is the purchase price? Is it the same price that SMISA was going to pay for them or is it more or less. If it is more? Why? If it is less, Why?
I don't expect it to be less as SMISA was buying at the purchase price.
Same price iirc

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's simply not true. A new arrangement has been proposed by someone that wants to buy out GLS early. That arrangement has went through discussions and presented to members, the fact his money is returned after five years instead of 10 is irrelevant in a claim of asset stripping. You have a deal on the table "exactly" as you'd want yet you spin the negative. You clearly do not care about the community over hammering GLS/ SMISA. 

I would wager any deal you have ever spoke about, if it resulted in GLS getting money back early you would still create a new profile to come on here and moan. 

True to form, resorts to default setting with every discussion/argument/debate of anti GLS &/or Anti SMISA accusations.

Yawn.

The way some folk are going on you'd think kibble are some spectre like organisation, about to execute their evil plan to take st mirren for every penny and ultimately close us down.

The fact that the people getting hysterical are either trolls, people who werent there last night or have an agenda against smisa GLS or kibble is very telling. Why not watch the video when it comes out? Contact smisa? Do something other than constantly soiling your knickers over every doomsday scenario

Tldr: calm the f**k down and go for a walk

16 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

True to form, resorts to default setting with every discussion/argument/debate of anti GLS &/or Anti SMISA accusations.

Yawn.

It's true though, multiple examples of these contributors attacking the man. Poor show after all that he's done for the club. IMO. 

It's true though, multiple examples of these contributors attacking the man. Poor show after all that he's done for the club. IMO. 
In fairness, your head up his backside must cause him more discomfort!

Oh dear... That must make me anti GLS, anti SMISA and anti SMFC as opposed to simply someone who believes that you are an antagonistic attention seeking tosser! [emoji41]

14 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

In fairness, your head up his backside must cause him more discomfort!

Oh dear... That must make me anti GLS, anti SMISA and anti SMFC as opposed to simply someone who believes that you are an antagonistic attention seeking tosser! emoji41.png

Typical of a response. Just because someone supports the chairman and appreciates what he’s done, this is the view. 

Aw still bitter? 

I'm still uncertain how to vote and although I like the noises about what the partnership can do for each party I still have some reservations. I'm not sure why Kibble need the shares, I don't know why the beneficial relationship can't be achieved on a customer/provider basis for both sides. But my biggest worry is the make up of the board. If the SMISA reps are appointed on the basis of the skills required by the club after interview what is to stop members of Kibble's board/management or indeed workforce becoming members of SMISA and then the board and using their affiliation to favour one partner over the one they ostensibly represent? As I write it seems to me to be a bit tin foil hatty but it is a worry that exists, I would hope SMISA have retained the ability to endure their reps are representing their interest. I really want a succesxful partnership to be achieved, I'm just not sure this is the correct vehicle. I hope the video of the meeting will clarify things but I'm not certain it will. I also wonder what the hurry is to get it done so quickly?

ps, didn't think I was going to ramble on as much so apologies for the lack of paragraphs.

2 hours ago, ford prefect said:

I wasn't at the meeting. But.....PANIC!!! We're DOOMED
Honestly that's knicker wetting in the extreme. I have respect for someone who was there or who waits watches the video, then says. No I don't like it because.... But the level of knicker wetting, probably brought on by the usual trolls, is ridiculous. Some people need to just log off and have a wee lie down.

Never said we're doomed but the possibility exists we could be.

Have you read the proposal. That's a scenario that could transpire

What safeguards can you assure me have been but in place to prevent it.

I can assure you my knickers are quite dry.

You were very vocal about things before the meeting so I don't get your point. I Couldn't get to the meeting and the video isn't out but the vote happens soon so I thought I'd ask a question.  I was always told if something sounds too good to be true it usually is. 

You Ford seem like a dreamer. Give me your phone number so I can cold call you, promise you the earth and empty your bank account.

38 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm still uncertain how to vote and although I like the noises about what the partnership can do for each party I still have some reservations. I'm not sure why Kibble need the shares, I don't know why the beneficial relationship can't be achieved on a customer/provider basis for both sides. But my biggest worry is the make up of the board. If the SMISA reps are appointed on the basis of the skills required by the club after interview what is to stop members of Kibble's board/management or indeed workforce becoming members of SMISA and then the board and using their affiliation to favour one partner over the one they ostensibly represent? As I write it seems to me to be a bit tin foil hatty but it is a worry that exists, I would hope SMISA have retained the ability to endure their reps are representing their interest. I really want a succesxful partnership to be achieved, I'm just not sure this is the correct vehicle. I hope the video of the meeting will clarify things but I'm not certain it will. I also wonder what the hurry is to get it done so quickly?

ps, didn't think I was going to ramble on as much so apologies for the lack of paragraphs.

Video now available link above or on Very Connect

Good presentation and questions asked

26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If Dickson and LPM are right and Kibble gets the freedom of the ground for their 27.5%, what does smisa get for their 51% ?  

Access to Kibble staff to grow the commercial side of the club and to make savings where possible ie vehicle maintenance. 

It also sounds like Kibble will give us access to their little black book of commercial contacts, but I may be misinterpreting the video 

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

3. It's hard to quantify but lets take one small part of the business. Currently St Mirren offer the hospitality space up for funerals, parties, weddings, functions and conferences. Everyone can draw their own conclusions over how well the club currently do it. However if Kibble now wanted to use that space for training, for meetings, or to run fundraisers - then those times and slots when they were using the facilities would no longer be available for the club to rent out. .One thing is for sure though - Kibble will be getting value for their £300k as their trustees have a legal obligation in their role to use the charities assets to further their own aims. 

So more beneficial to them than the club(fans)  Bragging rights for their portfolio. 

Ok so we've to believe that a charitable organisation with no history of this type of behaviour, is going to use and abuse st mirren, leaving us broken and destitute. Or is it maybe that they will work with us for the benefit of st mirren and the community? After listening to them I believe it's the latter, as would any other sane person. You must be in your room wearing a tin hat with all that paranoia. Or sampled the local produce from the good dealers in the 'Pans or Tranent a bit too much?

Never said we're doomed but the possibility exists we could be.
Have you read the proposal. That's a scenario that could transpire
What safeguards can you assure me have been but in place to prevent it.
I can assure you my knickers are quite dry.
You were very vocal about things before the meeting so I don't get your point. I Couldn't get to the meeting and the video isn't out but the vote happens soon so I thought I'd ask a question.  I was always told if something sounds too good to be true it usually is. 
You Ford seem like a dreamer. Give me your phone number so I can cold call you, promise you the earth and empty your bank account.

19 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Ok I've watched the video. I wish someone had just referred me to the last question as it might well have saved me a lot of time. 

Anyway, a recommendation. It's quite a boring video. George Adam keeps walking in front of the camera. but try it with the subtitles on. It makes the whole thing much more entertaining. Apparently they are all going on a Vegas Jolly. There's another one earlier where the guy at "Keval" is quoted as saying he was going to turn St Mirren into a sex venue! 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=107cbab98f0e87ec1732296008_Annotation2020-02-07174838.thumb.png.9f384e2370655a0a590a041719a12fcd.png

Anyway, being serious. It's quite a good meeting. The last question was the important one. Well done to whomever asked that. Kibble says it all about their OSCR offerings. So I presume that is about improving their accessibility to grants, funding and services? Maybe someone with more knowledge can help me on that score? It's not an area I understand. 

They didn't specifically rule out charging for services. The person who claimed St Mirren would get all their cars serviced for free this morning seems to have made that up. They do talk about Kibbles car maintenance facilities but no-one said it was being offered for free. Gordon Scott talked about cost savings in the provision of lunches at the training ground. That's fair comment. A saving of £500 per week is half way towards an extra player. 

I have to say I quite like the two guys from Kibble. The fact that they talk about the legal agreement being in place to potentially gift the shares away is a clear indication of the value they put on the shares. The shares mean nothing and are worth nothing to them which to me means they are getting their money back in some other way - possibly this OSCR thing - which I don't properly understand. 

Having the stadium open 7 days a week, 14 hours a day makes sense. I'm not sure how popular a small soft play area in the cafe would be but if they can drive in the business then why not. I felt the cafe idea would work well with parents of the young lads playing and training in the dome. If there was a camera in there they could keep an eye on their kids, whilst enjoying a cup of coffee in a warm and comfortable environment. 

Anyway I'll shut up for a bit and let others post their thoughts. 

Sounds like you’re taking quite a lot of positives and have reflected on this potentially being quite a good deal for all parties. Shame you didn’t wait until after you had viewed the video to accuse GLS of asset stripping. 

the big money question. Would it be a yes from you if you were still a member? 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sounds like you’re taking quite a lot of positives and have reflected on this potentially being quite a good deal for all parties. Shame you didn’t wait until after you had viewed the video to accuse GLS of asset stripping. 

the big money question. Would it be a yes from you if you were still a member? 

Were you there?

If so, did you ask a question? 

The big money question......................did you have a "semi" being close to your hero? 

53 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Ok so we've to believe that a charitable organisation with no history of this type of behaviour, is going to use and abuse st mirren, leaving us broken and destitute. Or is it maybe that they will work with us for the benefit of st mirren and the community? After listening to them I believe it's the latter, as would any other sane person. You must be in your room wearing a tin hat with all that paranoia. Or sampled the local produce from the good dealers in the 'Pans or Tranent a bit too much?

I'm in ma room mate.  I try to avoid the panners and the belters.  In fact back in the day I would never have trusted anyone from the Kibble. Most of the ones I heard of were inmates, to be fair, and not directors.

Anyway

I've just invested 1 hour 20 mins  watching the vid. It was very much a one sided presentation promoting the idea but Kibble came across very well. It does diminish some of my concerns and it all sounds tickety boo. At the moment I'm probably swayed towards voting for it BUT I'll still ask questions.  

I find sometimes its best to Assume nothing, believe no one and check everything. It doesn't mean I'm paranoid.

Take care Fordy and how do you know who the good dealers in the Pans and Tranent are??????  Just asking

I'm in ma room mate.  I try to avoid the panners and the belters.  In fact back in the day I would never have trusted anyone from the Kibble. Most of the ones I heard of were inmates, to be fair, and not directors.
Anyway
I've just invested 1 hour 20 mins  watching the vid. It was very much a one sided presentation promoting the idea but Kibble came across very well. It does diminish some of my concerns and it all sounds tickety boo. At the moment I'm probably swayed towards voting for it BUT I'll still ask questions.  
I find sometimes its best to Assume nothing, believe no one and check everything. It doesn't mean I'm paranoid.
Take care Fordy and how do you know who the good dealers in the Pans and Tranent are??????  Just asking
I couldn't possibly comment on how I know what I do about the 'Pans and Tranent! Glad you've watched the video. If you still decide to vote it down that's your prerogative. We'll still own the club so it's all good!

I have no issue with a stakeholder taking aver a contract held by an outside body. Kibble will also take over vehicle maintenance I understand. They will not however be replacing current SMFC employees. They need opportunity to train young people and in some areas we can provide that opportunity while saving money that can be diverted to the football side.

They don't need to be either an employment agency or catering business. It's a stated intention that kibble will take over the catering at the training complex in Ralston. This will save smfc paying an outside company to provide the service. It'll be staff by their employees and youths that they are training.What's to stop them also doing hospitality and pie stalls?