Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

3 hours ago, Dickson said:

I could only speculate, however the fact is that Portamahock is 100% correct. It is right there in the legal agreement you are being asked to sanction. Kibble WOULD be able to block a major sponsor if they didn't like it. Yet despite it being there in the legal agreement you want to defend your initial stupidity by casting aspersions on those who are pointing out this fact to you.

Tell me, you didn't happen to offer your wisdom to Hamilton Accies when they signed away their fortunes did you? After all why would a rich Nigerian Prince have his eyes on a relatively small sum of money in a Scottish Football club bank account. 

In the video they already reference that Kibble would have blocked St Mirren having "Wonga" as a shirt sponsor so the exact scenario has already been stated. If you can't grasp why a religious charity might block a rich bookie from sponsoring St Mirren you are even more stupid that I gave you credit for and that is before you factor in the undisputed fact that the Kibble representatives on the football board do not have to be St Mirren fans - infact they are highly unlikely to be St Mirren fans. 

Personally, I am relatively comfortable with the deal but one thing is painfully obvious. The new deal that SMISA want their membership to sign up to gives the members less control over their football club than was initially the aim. Despite still having a majority shareholding, Kibble would hold a veto against any major decisions the fans make. 

The 2 kibble fellas at the meeting are not St Mirren fans,   

I think the posters suggesting paranoia is being spread are doing themselves and debate an injustice.

In all mergers & acquisitions it's the primary function of all sides to talk up the deal they are proposing.

That said they will not say the things you dont like the sound of until the ink is dry on the agreement.

I dont for one minute think Kibble harbour a load of ill intent for smfc, it wouldn't be in their general interest to do so.

But I do know a charity based organisation (as others have pointed out) isnt chucking £300k away on virtually worthless shares in a less than fashionable football club for nothing.

This is a big deal for them, uncharted territory, they will have to show a good, timely and continual ROI to keep their trustees on side.

That will mean they will have to get a firm grip in all areas of the club. Which will cause factions, splits and disharmony, especially to current club employees who will at best be sidelined, or indeed replaced.

4 hours ago, Dickson said:

I could only speculate, however the fact is that Portamahock is 100% correct. It is right there in the legal agreement you are being asked to sanction. Kibble WOULD be able to block a major sponsor if they didn't like it. Yet despite it being there in the legal agreement you want to defend your initial stupidity by casting aspersions on those who are pointing out this fact to you.

Tell me, you didn't happen to offer your wisdom to Hamilton Accies when they signed away their fortunes did you? After all why would a rich Nigerian Prince have his eyes on a relatively small sum of money in a Scottish Football club bank account. 

In the video they already reference that Kibble would have blocked St Mirren having "Wonga" as a shirt sponsor so the exact scenario has already been stated. If you can't grasp why a religious charity might block a rich bookie from sponsoring St Mirren you are even more stupid that I gave you credit for and that is before you factor in the undisputed fact that the Kibble representatives on the football board do not have to be St Mirren fans - infact they are highly unlikely to be St Mirren fans. 

Personally, I am relatively comfortable with the deal but one thing is painfully obvious. The new deal that SMISA want their membership to sign up to gives the members less control over their football club than was initially the aim. Despite still having a majority shareholding, Kibble would hold a veto against any major decisions the fans make. 

I'd think a lot of fans would also like to block any sponsorship deal with the likes of Wonga !

I cast my vote this morning, made up my mind over the weekend after reviewing all the information to hand.

Comfortable with my own decision but if the majority vote the other way I won't lose too much sleep over it.

58 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's a big decision to accept a gambling, alcohol or pawnbroker sponsor, or not?
I would rather not have have a gambling site anywhere near the club.
However it becomes a huge decision when the offer up to half you annual playing budget, each year of a 3 year deal!
Does The Bet Fred arena sound any worse than the SDA?

Suppose this also goes for the board advertising around the pitch as well? Any ideas on income from that?

1 hour ago, div said:

I cast my vote this morning, made up my mind over the weekend after reviewing all the information to hand.

Comfortable with my own decision but if the majority vote the other way I won't lose too much sleep over it.

That's the way i feel, if it goes ahead then good IMO, if not...c'est la vie.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I wonder sometime about the ability of SMISA since they keep sending me emails about this deal and how to register to vote.

Fed up telling them I stopped being a member 3 years ago.

Worrying that they are unable to take me off their mailing list but want to run a football club. 

Just as worrying as some non members of SMISA suggesting how to run a club and not turn up for matches. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Dickson said:

To be fair, I don't know much about Kibble at all. I got the religious connotation from the fact that Rev Gordon Armstrong and Rev Alan Birss are on the board of trustees. I know having two ministers on the board doesn't necessarily mean they are religious. 

So you've looked at all the relevant data other than who the proposed partnership body is?

I'm still undecided on how to vote, but some of the sh*te being put out here is making it very difficult to get the real story.  LPM, you make some very valid points, but they are surrounded by so much anti SMISA/GLS bile they get lost in the fog.  Stick to facts, mate, rather than making assumptions  (or even making things up), and you might convince people on your argument.

Guest TPAFKATS
I wonder sometime about the ability of SMISA since they keep sending me emails about this deal and how to register to vote.

Fed up telling them I stopped being a member 3 years ago.

Worrying that they are unable to take me off their mailing list but want to run a football club. 

Don't worry. If this proposal is successful, we will have experts running the club... Allegedly.

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Yes it's a choice for the 1200 or so who bought into the SMISA project of total fan ownership.. now less than half way there the goalposts have moved

So do you want the club run by St. Mirren

Or do you want it run by the Kibble and St.Mirren. 

For me I’m sticking to No.

I have nothing against Kibble I think they do grand work but the total fan ownership model remains for me the best solution.

As I have said before I think I’m going to be in the minority  but I will continue my support of SMISA anyway - no toys out pram cancellation for me.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

I would assume the two Kibble dudes on our Board will definitely not be supporters of Sevco FC 2012 or Celtic. 

What's that got to do with the price of chicken?

They will both be employees of Kibble and duty bound to do their best for that organisation, and if Kibble are shareholders in St Mirren, then SMFC as well.

The Governor of the Bank of England is a Canadian ffs!

15 minutes ago, sally02 said:

They will both be employees of Kibble and duty bound to do their best for that organisation, and if Kibble are shareholders in St Mirren, then SMFC as well.

More importantly, what team does he support. :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, shull said:

I would assume the two Kibble dudes on our Board will definitely not be supporters of Sevco FC 2012 or Celtic. 

If they're supporting us to the tune of £300,000, who much would they have got if they had supported one of them. :whistle  

15 minutes ago, sally02 said:

I am having chicken tonight and what has that got to do with a Governor who is not British ? 

Celtic and Sevco fans are complicit and condone sectarianism and bigotry in our Beautiful Game. 

Would not want their sort in our football minded Boardroom. 

Will end up with 3 Stands being given to those vile fans. 

Sevco and Celtic need booted out of Scottish Football. 

Will they help or veto ? 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

I am having chicken tonight and what has that got to do with a Governor who is not British ? 

Celtic and Sevco fans are complicit and condone sectarianism and bigotry in our Beautiful Game. 

Would not want their sort in our football minded Boardroom. 

Will end up with 3 Stands being given to those vile fans. 

Sevco and Celtic need booted out of Scottish Football. 

Will they help or veto ? 

Its a shame that you tarnish all old firm fans with the same brush.