Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
5 hours ago, Dickson said:
Bazil is like a spinning top. His problem is he does it so much he gets dizzy and loses his place. 
It's a shame really. 
He's been the guy who has argued most against Community Involvement right from the start, yet now when the dog whistle is blown it's the best thing since sliced bread and it's worth gifting away a veto over ordinary resolutions to an outside group at this fan owned club. 
Whisper it, but he looks a bit silly. 

Aye jostling for the title of 'Mr Community' with Scott after he agreed with Scott issuing a STATEMENT to smisa members, warning them how to vote when a community option appeared on the £2 vote.
You couldnae make it up.

Disnae stop ye trying though. 😎

Maybe Kibble could extend their secure unit to cater for members of the adult community in need of care and protection from themselves.

Criteria for care package:-

Inflated ego trippers

Chip on Shoulder Jealous Sorts

Mis-conception of IQ levels

Wannabe Lawyers/Accountants/Experts in everything and anything

All day keyboard addicts with f--k all else in their lives

Etc.

Etc.

In fact Solitary Padded Cells would work better.

A few on here would be right at the front of the queue.

This thread displays all that is worst in debate/discussion/decision making - always those that think they are always right, better informed, it's my way or no way attitudes, and I would say it's a fairly safe bet that the majority of SMISA members don't want to read all about the personal vendettas and shit throwing going on here.

If you want to get answers, hunt down Gordon Scott, Colin Orr and Jim Gillespie and ask them directly.

SMISA December update and director election result
View this email in your browser

9df5467a-3fcd-43a3-944f-b588fed55e70.png

SMISA December update

Dear SMISA member

Here is your latest update from SMISA – including the results of our director election, an update on the new pitch we helped fund at Ralston, and some of your member benefits.

Director election

As you know SMISA is currently electing its next representative on the St Mirren board. As only one eligible candidate – David Riley – came forward, we asked you to vote on whether to approve his appointment. The results were as follows:

YES – 734 votes (95%) / NO – 36 votes (5%).

This means David will be SMISA’s man in the St Mirren boardroom and the link between the club and the trust for the next two years. We on the committee are looking forward to working with him and believe he would have been a strong candidate regardless of how many others were on the ballot. David's appointment will be made official at the upcoming club AGM.

David Nicol – who has been SMISA’s board rep for the past two years – will stay on the St Mirren board temporarily to help the transition and ensure continuity, at the agreement of all parties. However David Riley is now the nominated SMISA rep and your point of contact – should any member wish to discuss a club-related issue with him, he can be contacted on [email protected]

New 4G pitch at Ralston

In April you voted to commit £50,000 of our £2 pot money towards the cost of the club replacing the astrograss pitch at the club’s training ground and youth academy. That work is now complete and the new pitch will soon be used by hundreds of young players from the club’s various youth teams, as well as the first team squad.

The £2 pot allows SMISA to invest in the future of the club and the assets we will one day be majority owners of – and this investment allowing the next generation of St Mirren players to develop is one you can be proud of your role in. In our October £2 spend you also chose to invest in a new set of moveable goals for the academy and these have now been ordered.

Ralston member benefits

As part of our investment in the new pitch it was agreed SMISA would become the sponsors of the youth academy for the next two seasons, with a series of benefits made available for members.

The club has already announced a chance to play on the new 4G pitch (rescheduled for Sunday 3 February due to a clash with the now-televised home game v Hibs) where fans can buy a place to play against a team of ex-players and club staff, with money reinvested back into the academy. And on that day the club will be thanking SMISA members for your contribution in two ways.

Firstly, there are two places in the legends/staff team for SMISA members, free of charge. Anyone interested should send their name to [email protected] by Sunday 9 December, and we will draw and notify the two lucky winners. Please note you must be aged 18 or over.

Secondly, all SMISA members are invited to an open day at Ralston on the day of the game. Not only can you watch the match but you will have the chance to get a short tour inside the facility itself. We will be in touch with more details nearer the time.

Academy Christmas dinner

This coming Friday (7 Dec) sees the Youth Academy Christmas dinner - a three-course meal and party at the stadium hospitality suite, with all proceeds to the academy.

SMISA has paid for a table as part of the ongoing benefits package offered to our plus and premium members, however there is one place left for a member and their guest, which we are offering to all members.

If you would like to go, please email [email protected] by Tuesday 4 December and we will draw someone to be there on the night.

Community season tickets

Back in April you voted in favour of using £2 money to run a community season ticket scheme allowing SMISA to reach out to local good causes and help bring the club and community closer together.

Like last season we have 24 seats (four rows of six) in the South Stand for all home league fixtures in 2018-19, apart from Old Firm games – offered free to community groups, third sector organisations and local charities operating in Renfrewshire. So far this season we have helped Crisis Counselling in Erskine, Shelter, Home Start Renfrewshire and the Star Project to but name a few.

We have been working closely with Engage Renfrewshire to find suitable homes for the tickets but would like any members who know of or are involved with a group who would benefit from a free day out at the football to apply – which you can do online here

SMFC Community Trust Festive Friends event

As you know SMISA has donated money towards the SMFC Community Trust’s Festive Friends event – which will see a Christmas meal at the stadium on December 25 for people living locally who might otherwise have spent the day alone.

The organisers haven’t yet filled all the places and asked if any SMISA members would like to nominate anyone they know who would benefit from being there on the day. If so, please contact [email protected]

As always, if there are any questions, you can reach us via [email protected]

The SMISA committee

Facebook
Twitter
Website
Email

Copyright © 2018 St. Mirren Independent Supports Association, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as a current member of SMiSA and as such correspondence from us will contain up-to-date information regarding the Association, it's activities and the club itself.

Our mailing address is:
St. Mirren Independent Supports Association
smisa c/o St Mirren Football Club
Simple Digital Arena, Greenhill Road
Paisley, Renfrewshire PA3 1RU
United Kingdom
Edited by smcc

Guest TPAFKATS

So irrespective of whether you like David Riley or not and irrespective of what you might think of smisa can we acknowledge that David Riley was elected to his post and not rejected by the smisa members.

There's enough confusion and misinformation regarding the kibble proposal without adding to it.

10 minutes ago, Dickson said:

I shouldn't. I know I shouldn't - but Bazil - a majority vote isn't good enough for governing our country. 

You shouldn't and you know you shouldn't... I think you realise I was referring to the simple biggest vote count (per seat) wins system we have here, split away SD.

Hands up though my bad, I should have been clearer given the persnickety nature of oor fans. 

It will either happen or it won't. I at least have a vote but I honestly won't get my knickers in a twist either way nor will the vast majority of smisa members. As always some will think they are above democracy whatever the result and the toys will be oot the pram but most will just get on with making the best of whatever result.

Well if you are happy with the membership being split, and how that plays out going forward, good luck trying to raise funds.
The damage being done, for the long planned sale to Kibble will affect the club and support permanently.
Ha,ha... I would if this will get the old Ref Brearley treatment in years to come. Mind you, we dodged Reg...

I'm not a SMISA member and I haven't been in the past. I chose not to join as I envisaged the type of public blood letting we are seeing on the forum and perhaps elsewhere on the issue of control arising at some point. Inevitable. 

The question of whether or not there were sufficient fans interested in mounting a successful bid though has been answered and the answer is yes. I have no right to interfere in the process or influence it in any way but  the bid from Kibble has, to my mind, many things to commend it.

The company, for that's what SMFC is, has asserted through their directors that they wish to become more integrated with and involved in community involvement. On this issue, Kibble offer a fast track route to achieving this aim. This I like. 

They also offer opportunities to extend the use made of the premises and expand the income from these in much the same way as the Trust involved with Falkirk do but in their case, the benefit, apart from PR and Greater community involvement, goes financially to the council but in our case to SMFC. 

GLS will get his cash back. Sooner or later. I am largely disinterested in whether this is sooner or later. 

The issue at the Heart of the matter is Control. The same issue has arisen at the club over the years but generally behind closed doors. The difference here is that the 1300 SMISA members now have what they wanted.. The ability and opportunity to make major decisions. This bid is such a decision and control is the issue. 

Members need to accept the responsibility involved in ownership. Do they want the club to grow faster or do they want to ensure that they have full control. 

Over to SMISA. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not a SMISA member and I haven't been in the past. I chose not to join as I envisaged the type of public blood letting we are seeing on the forum and perhaps elsewhere on the issue of control arising at some point. Inevitable. 

The question of whether or not there were sufficient fans interested in mounting a successful bid though has been answered and the answer is yes. I have no right to interfere in the process or influence it in any way but  the bid from Kibble has, to my mind, many things to commend it.

The company, for that's what SMFC is, has asserted through their directors that they wish to become more integrated with and involved in community involvement. On this issue, Kibble offer a fast track route to achieving this aim. This I like. 

They also offer opportunities to extend the use made of the premises and expand the income from these in much the same way as the Trust involved with Falkirk do but in their case, the benefit, apart from PR and Greater community involvement, goes financially to the council but in our case to SMFC. 

GLS will get his cash back. Sooner or later. I am largely disinterested in whether this is sooner or later. 

The issue at the Heart of the matter is Control. The same issue has arisen at the club over the years but generally behind closed doors. The difference here is that the 1300 SMISA members now have what they wanted.. The ability and opportunity to make major decisions. This bid is such a decision and control is the issue. 

Members need to accept the responsibility involved in ownership. Do they want the club to grow faster or do they want to ensure that they have full control. 

Over to SMISA. 

Excellent post Ricky 👍  you nailed it 

45 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Ricky, the highlighted bit - I think time will tell. I suspect that a lot of the money generated will go to Kibble. St Mirren will most likely benefit through some savings being made, or in Kibble funding improvements or maintenance on items that they wish to use. Kibble aren't looking to get involved as a charitable donation to St Mirren FC Ltd. 

SD

I think you know what I am saying. Additional income will be generated by increased letting of and development of the space both in and perhaps around the stadium. You know, as well or better than I do that the Charity Trustees have duties which include ensuring that the charity operates within the law, operates on a fair financial basis for the use of shared resources and yes to ensure the furtherance of their aims in a sustaonable manner. I've said my bit and at least attempted to amplify this point but genuinely will now leave this to SMISA members to ponder. Faster growth in line with the stated aims of SMFC and SMISA versus the degree of control they choose. 

I would even say it's gone beyond that. A lot of smisa members I know are sold on fan ownership and fan ownership alone. The German model was always used as the beacon ie 51% does the job. We are miles away from the schemes in place in Germany to self support and protect clubs but it's seen as the most workable model. Plenty fan owned clubs there have strategic partnerships as they translate as. A lot of members just want to get to majority fan ownership as quickly as possible. Not saying that it the right road but it's a popular opinion. As always the massively silent majority will make the decision not the few on here.

Agreed - bet you didn't think you'd see me do that with you. 
For me there are positives to this whole process. Clearly a number of St Mirren fans who were hardened against community involvement are now completely sold on the idea. It's quite an incredible 180 given the attitude that was taken when Richard Atkinson first talked about it. Hopefully that kind of turn around can be extrapolated to the whole SMISA membership, and to the rest of the St Mirren support. Community partnerships between the football club and local community groups has always been the one big silver bullet that a club like St Mirren has towards business growth and greater, consistent, levels of revenue. Frankly it's a shame it's taken so many years for others to work it out but I'm glad the penny has finally dropped and perhaps regardless of the outcome of the vote we will see SMiSA and St Mirren finally reaching out to the community in a way that hasn't happened in a very, very long time. 
I just hope that in their awakening they haven't signed away a veto that they live to regret.

10 hours ago, Dickson said:

Agreed - bet you didn't think you'd see me do that with you. 

For me there are positives to this whole process. Clearly a number of St Mirren fans who were hardened against community involvement are now completely sold on the idea. It's quite an incredible 180 given the attitude that was taken when Richard Atkinson first talked about it. Hopefully that kind of turn around can be extrapolated to the whole SMISA membership, and to the rest of the St Mirren support. Community partnerships between the football club and local community groups has always been the one big silver bullet that a club like St Mirren has towards business growth and greater, consistent, levels of revenue. Frankly it's a shame it's taken so many years for others to work it out but I'm glad the penny has finally dropped and perhaps regardless of the outcome of the vote we will see SMiSA and St Mirren finally reaching out to the community in a way that hasn't happened in a very, very long time. 

I just hope that in their awakening they haven't signed away a veto that they live to regret.

You post like this is something you’ve known for years that others were ignorant to. That just isn’t the scenario at all.
There’s a material change involved in this proposal and I’m sure the majority/ All of the St Mirren fans voting are capable of evaluating it as such. Indeed I don’t think I have seen anyone against community strengthening, it’s a matter of the circumstances surrounding it. 

10 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

How many on that list have looked past the PR excercise that presented this as a done deal - its easy for emplyees and celebrities to support what is presented to them in that manner

Neither of the two people I’m talking about are celebrities. One is secretary for health and SPORT, the other is is chief Exec for Supporters Direct.  Would imagine they’d both be making up their own mind. 

Aye, semantics. You know what I meant and so does everyone else. 
The thing is though - there were plenty of prominent St Mirren supporters that were prepared to back Gilmour as he tried to get a mandate from the fans to vote to replace Rangers with Sevco. Some of them have partaken in this thread throwing their weight behind the scheme to give a third party a veto over the will of St Mirren fans whilst trying to scythe down others who are a bit more cautious and a bit more wary when it comes to throwing away control over their football club. 

Indeed, totally agree.

I remember that summer well and I remember many forumsters on here backing the voting of Sevco into the top flight.

Scottish football and indeed Scottish society in general, could have been changed for the better that summer had Scottish football not allowed Sevco in at all. It would have signalled the beginning of the end for Celtic too.

14 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Sonny you hit the nail on the head. The continual debacle that goes on with the same 3-4 people on every £2 vote and the kibble bid proves that Fans Ownership is a potential disaster in the making. It has proven that for Fans Ownership needs help from an outside experienced party capable of running a business and making decisions for the good of a business.

Bazil

is this alias an attempt to get round all the ignores you have colllected?

13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
26 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:
I notice in the SMISA reminder that the ‘half the time’ soundbite is still being pushed.
Is it not truer to say ‘5 years early instead of 3 years early’

It's half the time compared to the time limit on the original agreement. I don't think SMiSA ever claimed that they would buy the shares as soon as they had the money. Though I could be wrong on that.

I think you are wrong here Slarti - the original  agreement was to buy the club “within “10 years”

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Neither of the two people I’m talking about are celebrities. One is secretary for health and SPORT, the other is is chief Exec for Supporters Direct.  Would imagine they’d both be making up their own mind. 

My argument  still stands - they would be reacting to a press conference giving it as a done deal - they wouldn’t spend any time looking any further