Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

We thank everyone who cast their vote over the past fortnight on our proposals to deliver fan ownership in partnership with Kibble. Voting closed at noon today and the results are as follows:

YES – 782 votes (91.6%) / NO – 72 votes (8.4%)  Turnout 71.9%

The results have been verified by Alan Russell, Chief Executive of Supporters Direct Scotland, whom we thank for  his assistance.

The proposals on which you voted were developed over many months of discussion between ourselves, Kibble and St Mirren.

We put them forward because of our belief they offer the best possible future for our club – by securing fan ownership in a way which could move St Mirren to the next level, on and off the park, while growing it as a force for good within the Paisley community.

We are proud of and excited by what this deal makes possible for our club, and are pleased it attracted such overwhelming support.

All involved will now look to complete the legal formalities of the deal, which will allow Kibble to buy their stake in the club from Gordon and start working with the club board to bring their expertise to the club very soon.

Thank you again for your ongoing support. As always, we can be reached via [email protected]

The SMISA committee

it appears the ONLY no voters were the handful posting on here. As I said all along it turned out exactly as I expected. The massive, passive silent majority carried it overwhelmingly.  We move on to an exciting new chapter a whole lot quicker than anticipated (oh and please no one shout fix / rigged etc with that sort of landslide vote !!!)

Ah well...

As a Saints supporter I am used to not always winning.    :(

I wonder how many Buddies voted  for it as a means giving up the subs quicker...?

That passed through my mind but I wasn't tempted.

I hope this doesn't go the same way as Kibble's project Oskar.  

I'll be watching.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Voting cant be going to plan when smisa are all over these boards and fan Facebook page desperately trying to smear anyone with the temerity to question or challenge the Kibble proposal.

😂

Like I said before, it would have needed someone other than LPM to make the case for No for any credible opposition to emerge.
Surprised to see such a one-sided result though.
Thankfully time to move on.
I'm not surprised one bit.
I said from the day of the meeting that the deal would sail through.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Game's a bogey!
Well done to Kibble, they have secured a licence to print money for themselves. Going forward I would expect Kibble's 'Expertise' will enable them to consolidate & expand their control of the club.
Let's face it... who is going to stop them?

Clearly not you.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Game's a bogey!
Well done to Kibble, they have secured a licence to print money for themselves. Going forward I would expect Kibble's 'Expertise' will enable them to consolidate & expand their control of the club.
Let's face it... who is going to stop them?

The fans.  What good is a club without fans. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There you go, if you wanted evidence of how this proposal was always going to create a divide there it is with a pathetic, but predictable response.

It will only create a divide if those on the losing side refuse to accept the democratic result.

You deserve a bit of teasing for the way you have behaved over all of this but frankly everyone else will be moving forward, supporting the decision and getting behind the process now.

I'd suggest you do the same.