Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Aye. There is a great delusion that somehow Black & White Army Forum represent the fans. When the number of posters used to be displayed at the bottom of the page there was usually only around 100 people logged on during a live match. On non-match days the number was significantly less - often in the teens. And this thread shows that only a few people actually get involved. There may be a lot of 'members' of the Forum but many are dead accounts and many simply no longer post or use the site to gain information and not get involved. Out of the many fans I know I am the only one that posts on here. Only one other has an account. Considering we have around 4,200  regularly attending games then this forum is very insignificant to gauge what the fans think.

Take away the multiple personas and it's even less !

26 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Its the first time since 1998 that St Mirren will have directors at the club who aren't St Mirren supporters. 

Strangely enough back then the majority of St Mirren shareholders voted to sell a controlling interest in the club to Reg Brearley rejecting the bid from a consortium led by Stewart Gilmour. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12301534.brearley-gains-control-of-saints/

In 2012 also in a room full of passionate St Mirren supporters a vote to help a "Rangers" team stay in the top flight after liquidation passed with a majority of 11-2. 

St Mirren fans have a history of getting it spectacularly wrong. Lets hope, for the sake of the club that this time round the majority have shown good judgement in gifting away the power to run the club. 

Much more recently they got it spectacularly right in supporting BTB in its present form. An evolution of that backed by the current people involved has now passed. (and then some)
Let’s hope once again we have made the correct choice and the very few airing weird and wonderful caution a few years back continue to be wrong. 

additional point here right enough. By my calculations on SMISA membership numbers we have 1,187 BTB members. Wee bit of a dip over the last year (although worth noting, easily still over 120% of initial target) 

Hopefully we see that number grow under the new arrangement. 

By my calculations on SMISA membership numbers we have 1,187 BTB members. Wee bit of a dip over the last year (although worth noting, easily still over 120% of initial target) 

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Were you using Nicky (we're going to recruit 50000 more nurses) Morgan's abacus

18.7% is still a tidy number.

2 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Were you using Nicky (we're going to recruit 50000 more nurses) Morgan's abacus

18.7% is still a tidy number.

The target was based on 1,000 members paying £12 each. We'll be over 120% easily because of the £25 and £2,500 members. 

The target was based on 1,000 members paying £12 each. We'll be over 120% easily because of the £25 and £2,500 members. 

Rumplestiltskin still spinning and spinning and spinning.

You quoted a membership number

God bless ye Baz, only 13 short of that magical 20%.

Not like you to make stuff up [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Doesn't change what the target was. 
You're right.

The target was 1000 members.
There is 1187 members

18.7% over target.

You presented the figures in black'n'white but made up the "well over 20%"

It's official, Baz has brightened up this day with his sumsfoolery

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

Rumplestiltskin still spinning and spinning and spinning.

You quoted a membership number

God bless ye Baz, only 13 short of that magical 20%.

Not like you to make stuff up emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Eh? A famous tennis player might be asking if you’re being serious.  

The target for BTB was 1,000 members paying £12 a month for the 10 years, in other words the target was to raise equivalent of £12,000 per month, we are raising a financial total here, that’s what the target obviously relates to. That was the tipping point to green light the deal. We currently have 1,187 members of BTB, some of which will be paying the £25 membership and some will have given the £2,500. As such we are over 120% ahead of the initial set target.

It is very clear you are the one attempting to spin by ignoring the financial target vs the reality. My take it you’ve probably not realised you were wrong, I’ve called you out on it and pride is getting in the way of you admitting it.  

4 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

You're right.

The target was 1000 members.
There is 1187 members

18.7% over target.

You presented the figures in black'n'white but made up the "well over 20%"

It's official, Baz has brightened up this day with his sumsfoolery

The target for BTB is to raise the finances needed, we are currently contributing over 120% of that target on a monthly basis. You were wrong, I've shown why you are wrong, get over it. 

The target for BTB is to raise the finances needed, we are currently contributing over 120% of that target on a monthly basis. You were wrong, I've shown why you are wrong, get over it. 

Always spinning a full of utter shite.

Go & have a wee lie down, screaming on here isn't therapeutic.

Much as i disagree with the outcome, I need to accept this decision.
As previously expressed, I hope to be proved completely wrong in my fears and look forward to celebrating continued on and off field success and growth in the coming years. as a consequence of this vote.

I hope I'm wrong too.

Just now, Kombibuddie said:

Always spinning a full of utter shite.

Go & have a wee lie down, screaming on here isn't therapeutic.

I made a point, you misinterpreted what I meant (which is fine, these things happen) I corrected you, you keep thinking I meant something I clarified to you I didn’t. Why is that?

I made a point, you misinterpreted what I meant (which is fine, these things happen) I corrected you, you keep thinking I meant something I clarified to you I didn’t. Why is that?
I made a joke of your calculation error.
You don't like being corrected.
You've spun it to try saying you meant it differently.
You're talking utter shite to spin your argument.
I've found your subsequent posts entertaining.
No need for us to go round and round in circles.

Can Boris Johnson borrow the abacus when you're done with it. He's got police officers to recruit. [emoji1787]

That's a seperate issue, although certainly one that should also be part of this. Many St. Mirren fans may be fine with below living wage or even no wage if it benefits St. Mirren

But, but, you said no staff would be affected[emoji23]

Mind, you said it in the same post where you said they would be affected! [emoji23][emoji23]

default_1eye.gif

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

I made a joke of your calculation error.
You don't like being corrected.
You've spun it to try saying you meant it differently.
You're talking utter shite to spin your argument.
I've found your subsequent posts entertaining.
No need for us to go round and round in circles.

Can Boris Johnson borrow the abacus when you're done with it. He's got police officers to recruit. emoji1787.png

It wasn't a calculation error 

I clarified what I meant to you

No I didn't, again I very clearly clarified

So you disagree that we're over 120% of our target?

Seems like a tiny bit of bitterness to me TBH

Correct, I confirmed what I meant, I should know. You refusing to believe it and thinking I can't do probably primary 4 level maths is your choice. 

Do you still not understand the finances? Do you want me to try and simplify it even further for you? (tough ask)