Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Much as i disagree with the outcome, I need to accept this decision.

As previously expressed, I hope to be proved completely wrong in my fears and look forward to celebrating continued on and off field success and growth in the coming years. as a consequence of this vote.

And fair play to you for that.

The only thing that surely binds all of us is a desire to see the club be the best it can be on and off the park.

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I made a point, you misinterpreted what I meant (which is fine, these things happen) I corrected you, you keep thinking I meant something I clarified to you I didn’t. 

Fuxake.

English, but not as we know it, Spock.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

on SMISA membership numbers we have 1,187 BTB members. Wee bit of a dip over the last year (although worth noting, easily still over 120% of initial target) 

Hopefully we see that number grow under the new arrangement. 

your own clue that you appeared to be talking about membership numbers. Says nothing about the finances.

You never liked my Abacus joke.... diddums

and now you're spinning it to say you meant meant the finances. Evidence please?

SMISA states

SMISA set itself a target of 1,000 members to make sure our finances stay robust - we hit that target in summer 2016 during the initial fundraising.

The address to send that abacus to is Number Ten, Downing Street. I have typed out number Ten as you are clearly struggling with your numbers today. 

Och well, I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Edited by Kombibuddie
duplicate quote

Guest TPAFKATS

How many aliases does Andy have on this forum?
currently it's Hiram, but as he's making a rip roaring twat of himself who can't read simple posts that'll change soon enough.

Just about everyone else managing to debate, even disagree, on a subject that's the most important in years re St. Mirren but he's still chasing me round the various threads looking for some interaction.

What a sad existence he has. Professional help is available.

Glad that's over. Surely the petulant whining will stop now.:rolleyes:

I was so unsure of how to vote, I didn't vote until 11.00 this morning.

In the end I voted "No", as I wasn't satisfied with the answer to my questions by e-mail. I like a lot about the deal, but there were a couple of uncertainties that I just wasn't sure about.

I'm neither happy nor unhappy as to the outcome, as I believe either outcome came with risks.

I'll continue to pay my money and get behind the club. After all, for St.Mirren to flourish we need this deal to work.

I think someone has just teetered over the brink...…………………….💥😡:lol:

Edited by FTOF

The address to send that abacus to is Number Ten, Downing Street. I have typed out number Ten as you are clearly struggling with your numbers today. 
I know you're right.
You know your right...
Every bleeding forum member knows you're right...

but gonnae let the needy one have the last word! Please!

He needs it.

15 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

your own clue that you appeared to be talking about membership numbers. Says nothing about the finances.

the bit in brackets is a caveat membership numbers down but note we’re still over 20% above our target (Financial). I appreciate you didn’t get what I meant and thats fine. but I have clarified what I was referring to. Not sure why you’re still going on about it.

You never liked my Abacus joke.... diddums

I don’t think it was a joke, I think you genuinely thought I made a mistake. 

and now you're spinning it to say you meant meant the finances. Evidence please?

I’ve clarified what my post meant, it isn’t a question of evidence, I’m telling you what I meant you can choose or choose not to believe, it doesn’t matter.

Although I’d say the evidence is it makes perfect sense that would be what I was referencing. our target is to raise a financial total. You don’t need to believe me but I would say considering calculating the members number from the information we had Takes slightly more work, I think common sense would tell you I know how to do a very basic calculation on the percentages. 

SMISA states

I would say, if it was meant as a joke it isn’t a very good one. I do feel this is more of a coping mechanism to handle your bitterness at the vote going against you. You did similar after you got less than 1% support last year. 

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I know you're right.
You know your right...
Every bleeding forum member knows you're right...

but gonnae let the needy one have the last word! Please!

He needs it.

Anyone with a shred of common sense knows I did not mean the membership number is 120% of a 1,000 target. It is very basic stuff. 

22 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I'd much rather question and be proved wrong than blindly follow.

I have previous also of stating "I hope I am wrong" when voicing my opinion or raising concerns.

Same, I’m not blindly following (although granted you know better than me my thought process) 

note the brackets were a caveat, the brackets were a joke... A funnier one than yours. 

I think the outcome is challenging for all parties. No matter how we look at it, all are investing greatly in something that is at the heart of all of us, St Mirren. 

I sincerely hope that Kibble help to grow the business, because in a few years, we, the fans will own 51% of the club. Many forgot that 51% is ownership, 70% was just a bigger number  

All this chat of GLS being a Simsa member and not allowed to sell his personal shares to benefit himself, having ensured that the fans have 51% is just pettiness.  So he offloaded 8% so what!

i am part of the minority’s of private shareholders. I bought some years ago just to be a part of the club. It was an ambition since boyhood. Remember those days you trawled the PDS looking for a small add selling st mirren shares. I then invested further when we had to get an all seater stadium. I would remind those sanctimonious members out there who think about fan ownership, most of the past share offerings were not taken up by grass root fans and had to be underwritten by people like Gordon, Stewart, George,.  The final seats to make old love street an approved all seater stadium were bought by Jim Purvis.  I doubt I will ever get the opportunity to sell those shares like GLS so what. It was a from the heart investment. GSL has a far higher value and I have no issue with him being able to offload them.

the veto has taken on mammoth proportions but I would question its actual worth. The issues you can veto go to the fundamentals of the club.  Day to day business is unlikely to be vetoed. If there is something that Kibble actually want to veto, as a fan shareholder I would have serious questions about what was going on that makes them take such a stand

my only question, and it is something that has annoyed me for many years.  In the bad time, 3 games postponed in winter, no income and the old shareholders had to give loans to aid cash flow, I have always worried how fan ownership handled that.  Recently I have heard talk of a contingency fund. Is it only the major shareholder that needs to have that or will kibble equally have some cash to help us through tough cash flow times..

let us look at the German model 50%+1 is fan ownership and you run the club  that is where we will be shortly

As I type I think of brexit  at end of it, all need to pull together  in reading the pros and cons over past few weeks, I have seen some personal axes to grind, but at the end of the day we are all fans and want the best for our coub

juat think what COYS means to each of us  that is what is in our hearts

3 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Votes counted & verified.
Here's hoping this deal proves to be as good for St Mirren as presented.

Time to move on and hopefully see the fruits of the deal over the coming months and years. Good also to see a large response and large majority.