Lord Pityme

Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

And there it is! The mask has slipped. Mr Dickson ladies and gents, only concern being a vendetta against GLS.... He's not alone. 

What personal profit is GLS making exactly? 

Bazil, I think you are the one who has is personalising this debate.  Dickson has raised valid points which are still awaiting answers to and if these answers demonstrate to me the benefit to SMFC  of a Kibble connection then I would argue for it.  

GLS will profit by getting his money earlier so he can either re-invest it or, earn interest on it.  

54 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Its a bit far fetched but what if kibble affiliated people took out 1301 SMISA memberships and controlled SMISA votes. They could just take the club off us.

How will it function if the supporters don't  turning up.  

Edited by pod

I've read a few times we can utilise the Kibbles "expertise" in certain areas.

That's a massive assumption.

They may have these departments but what evidence do we have they are any good at it?

Does anybody know anybody who has had direct involvement or worked for them? 

Edited by faraway saint

47 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Dickson and LPM actually raise a few concerns that worry me.

I haven't seen the video and I wasn't at the meeting but in everything I have read I don't see any safeguards being offered for St Mirren Values only what this gives to Kibble.

Make no bones about it Kibble will gain a big say in how the club is run. As a minority share holder they will have a big 50% veto should they chose to use it.

If Kibble are entering this with the right intentions i,e support St Mirren, then that shouldn't be an issue.

If their intention is to USE St Mirren we could be in Deep Do. Do.

Simple things like the St Mirren Colours are up for grabs here. Never mind control of the board.

Its a bit far fetched but what if kibble affiliated people took out 1301 SMISA members and controlled SMISA votes. They could just take the club off us.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad deal but lets not rush into it without getting appropriate answers and safeguards.

Mafia style...:death

Dickson and LPM actually raise a few concerns that worry me.
I haven't seen the video and I wasn't at the meeting but in everything I have read I don't see any safeguards being offered for St Mirren Values only what this gives to Kibble.
Make no bones about it Kibble will gain a big say in how the club is run. As a minority share holder they will have a big 50% veto should they chose to use it.
If Kibble are entering this with the right intentions i,e support St Mirren, then that shouldn't be an issue.
If their intention is to USE St Mirren we could be in Deep Do. Do.
Simple things like the St Mirren Colours are up for grabs here. Never mind control of the board.
Its a bit far fetched but what if kibble affiliated people took out 1301 SMISA memberships and controlled SMISA votes. They could just take the club off us.
I don't know if this is a good or a bad deal but lets not rush into it without getting appropriate answers and safeguards.
I wasn't at the meeting. But.....PANIC!!! We're DOOMED
Honestly that's knicker wetting in the extreme. I have respect for someone who was there or who waits watches the video, then says. No I don't like it because.... But the level of knicker wetting, probably brought on by the usual trolls, is ridiculous. Some people need to just log off and have a wee lie down.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
14 minutes ago, pod said:
How will it function without the supporters turning up.  

There have/are in varying opinions been some right pieces of work running the club, and the fans still turned up.

Are you talking past and/or present.  Anyway, new scenario or possible conspiracy .  

Are you talking past and/or present.  Anyway, new scenario or possible conspiracy .  
It's not a conspiracy theory, smisa membership is open to anyone, and it will attractive to people who donate to, support, work for/with Kibble.
You wouldn't even see it happening.

People took on SMISA memberships in good faith 

but in the age of sloganising the message of “fan ownership good” has covered a multitude of sins

I don’t recall a period in my 61 years where the club was run by anyone except fans

some were good at it and some less so

now, for the first time that I can recall. Non fans will have huge influence over the direction we take

to be honest, I’ve been underwhelmed by smisa so maybe this is just a different shade of shite 

time will tell

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

They may have these departments but what evidence do we have they are any good at it?

Asked this a while back, what 'expertise' are we actually getting from Kibble ?

And do we need it ?

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

OK. Think about it logically. Does every shareholder of St Mirren FC get free access to the Directors Lounge and the Directors box on match days? They don't do they? You need to be a club director to have that privilege. Kibble will have two club directors, able to bring as many guests as there are spaces available. Won't they? 

The proposal also says that Kibble will be able to veto any other service provider coming into the business. So, for example, when the catering contracts are up for renewal and SMISA are looking to get a bit of cash in by flogging the franchise, they can't unless Kibble approve - and if Kibble have got their eye on that part of the business how do you think those discussions are likely to go? 

I look forward to seeing the video - perhaps everything I've raised will be answered in it. If it isn't, then I'd suggest that SMISA members could be voting for a pup on the basis of having far too little information. I certainly find it deeply concerning that the future of the club rests in the hands of some football fans who can't spot someone stripping the club of assets right in front of their eyes. 

Someone else who thinks Kibble are an Employment Agency or an Catering business. All directors of every football club will be able to invite guests on match day. What difference does that make to directors currently inviting guests. It will just be different guests !!!

If these are all that people can come up with as negatives then there seems little to worry about.

What assets do you see Kibble stripping ???

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, bazil85 said:
It was purely something I hope anyone thinking of doing similar considers. We are all St Mirren fans at the end of the day so I don’t see why that isn’t a fair point. You can call it emotional blackmail but it’s simply emotion, that’s what we all have for this team… We’ll I’d hope anyway.
I don’t suggest there could be, I was making a point based on your comment. I personally don’t think that will happen (in great numbers anyway) for a few reasons but one of the main ones is, St Mirren fans don’t need me to tell them it isn’t a good thing to financially hamper the club because you don’t agree with a new BTB direction.
Although talking about “emotional blackmail” discussing action members could take if the vote doesn’t go their way? It’s basically saying “if you all vote this through, I and others will ask for £440/£1,012 back from our contributions. Pot, kettle, black for sure.
I agreed with you that they would very likely have a winnable case, if they were to say perform direct debit indemnities on this. My point is peoples rights is one thing, acting on them in a way that would knowingly hurt the team they support is another.

So selling £300,000 of budgeted assets is fine and won't harm the team... but someone asking for a refund of a few hundred will?

The shares Kibble are buying belong to Gordon Scott. In what way is that a "budgeted asset" 😂

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So saints fans paying into the club for decades should in your opinion, have no say who owns the club?
Hmmm

That's kind of the way it works, yeah. Same as you don't get any say on who owns ASDA just because you do your shopping there every week 😂

Fuck me, some of this stuff is absolutely hilarious!

56 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Bazil, I think you are the one who has is personalising this debate.  Dickson has raised valid points which are still awaiting answers to and if these answers demonstrate to me the benefit to SMFC  of a Kibble connection then I would argue for it.  

GLS will profit by getting his money earlier so he can either re-invest it or, earn interest on it.  

I think playing back over his multiple previous profiles we can see where his issue really is. Also is "profiting" the right word? If I give you a tenner and say give me it back in a month but you give me it back in a fortnight, have I profited? I personally think it's a tiny bit shameful some of the comments on here that have a pop at GLS after what he's done for the club. Don't see anyone else willing to stump up such large sums of money with no financial return. 

50 minutes ago, Dickson said:

That's your opinion. 

My opinion is that he has sold off St Mirren assets for £300k - all of which will go to his own personal bank account. You think it's the least he deserves so you are clearly happy with the asset stripping of your club. I'm not so comfortable with it. 

I certainly see benefits that Kibble will bring to the table. I've always argued for community partners to be involved in the club and it's great to see you now arguing that this benefits the club rather than taking from the club as was always your argument before. I just think that once again the wool has been pulled over a lot of eyes - and once again the SMISA membership seem to be being played like gullible fools. 

Your deterioration into the ridiculous continues. The deal is now asset stripping is it? So you've went from not being overlay sure about the deal although the charitable asset appealed to you and your only concern was the lack of trust from your (wrong) miss-selling claims, to GLS profiting through asset stripping our football club. As usual complete nonsense. 

It's clear you don't give a toss about community in this deal Stuart, you as usual only care about taking the most negative possible stance in any given situation regarding the team you "support" 

I have seen very few people that think the wool has been pulled over their eyes at any point during BTB. You are of course one of them. If you think you've been a gullible fool, you won't get any argument from me. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone concerned if the proposal is voted through then by agreement Kibble get first dibs on Smisa's shares?

"Get first Dibs" - as in the members would need to vote to sell them to Kibble?

Yeah, a massive concern.

A concern right up there with a big meteor hitting St.Mirren Park.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Good point made by East Lothian Saint...
"If the deal passes, not to stop Kibble orientated people becoming the majority in smisa membership, and just taking over the club"
Bet that's not in the video!

Yeah and there's also the worry that the people at the Kibble are actually crab people, then you know we could end up with crab people running the club. We must consider all these totally plausible scenarios. :whistle

Guest TPAFKATS

I spoke to an old friend who works for them earlier today.

The quote back was "I wouldn't let kibble run a bath"

It's only one person though and sometimes employees aren't the best judge of any organisation whether good views or bad.