Lord Pityme

Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Not at all, simply making a point that several people chose to ignore, it is a forum and as such has diverse opinions but sometimes what people want takes over from common sense. I am sure that GS stepped in and bought the shares and fully intends to pass ownership to the fans; but to read some of the rhetoric on here you might think otherwise.

Indeed I do care what happens to St Mirren and personally I worry about 'fan ownership' regarding the practicalities of how it will work 

So no, it is not a case of the owner doing as he pleases, just his entitlement to do as he wishes with his investment, ie: the Kibble quible.

I am not sure that it will benefit the club as much as is intimated, but I could be persuaded otherwise.

I was going to type out a response but this says it succinctly. 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

You sure about that ?  because he already has a deal, Am pretty sure it will be legally binding  :huh: 

Hence the reason it's going to a vote with the SMISA membership. 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

You sure about that ?  because he already has a deal, Am pretty sure it will be legally binding  :huh: 

No I am not SURE about it, as I explained in another response; I was trying to make the point about ownership, I have no doubt GS will honour whatever agreement he has made, however he is a successful businessman and unlikely to let himself be hogtied in any dealings........................just my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

So bottom line... His ball... He can do what he likes?

Still seems that way to me from what you say.

So bottom line... His ball... He can do what he likes?   Ownership wise, yes if he was inclined to, however as I said I think he is working in the clubs best interest and will continue to do so.

Still seems that way to me from what you say.  Well I have explained as best I can, so either you just don't get what I am saying or you choose not to, either way your problem, not mine.

I contacted SMiSA to check whether the meeting will be recorded and made available to view for members unable to attend and I’m pleased to report that it will be.

Going to need to order more popcorn.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The problem with LPM is that his reasonable points are wrapped up in a sea of unproven conspiracy theory mud slinging and posts full of incoherent screeching.

Someone else needs to calmly break down the risks here in a coherently stuctured and evidence-based manner because nobody is going to listen seriously to this absolute spangle.

Couldn't agree with this more. The approach LPM takes will likely do more good in convincing the members reading, to vote yes than the updates from SMISA. 

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You couldnae make it up!
But you did anyway lok

Hmm nope, I stand by this. You see it in different parts of life as well. the rambling and howling of people that talk down to others and think their view is completely right and others don't have any substance. Add into that many completely unsubstantiated claims and clear vendettas, you'll be one of the big tools (pun intended) for the yes side. 

Hmm nope, I stand by this. You see it in different parts of life as well. the rambling and howling of people that talk down to others and think their view is completely right and others don't have any substance. Add into that many completely unsubstantiated claims and clear vendettas, you'll be one of the big tools (pun intended) for the yes side. 
"IRONY ALERT"

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

"IRONY ALERT"

As I have said many times, no issue with different opinions. Unrelenting, baseless negativity... Sure but not other opinions. Whatever makes you feel better though as your campaign to tarnish GLS continually fails to bear fruit. 

15 minutes ago, guinness said:

For all you slag LPM the feeling I got at Easter Road from the SMISA members I spoke to is one of great distrust to a proposal eight Months in the making without a murmur. The original plan merely ripped up and discarded. For all the confidence shown on here I think it could be a very close vote. Also do not think something like this should be decided on a simple majority. Should be 75% of all members for such a huge change.

75% of all members IMO would just be putting in barriers to change. It’s been shown that there’s a pool of members that just want to pay their money & don’t really Want to engage on voting. 
what that would mean is, if (and it’s a big if) there were circa 300 members that had that view on this deal, it would scupper people that actually have a view on what direction they want to take the club forward.

If we take it as we currently have 1,200 members (think it’s a bit more) it would not be remotely democratic that any combination of 300 no/ don’t want to votes, could scupper this opportunity. 

what I can see benefit in though is maybe a higher percentage in voting members. Then it would be a lot fairer than the decision holding power being with those that are least engaged. Will say though, as much as I take the point & are the benefit, I still support a simple voting majority for anything like this. 

Edited by bazil85

Been reading through this over the last couple of days and it's fair to say, LPM has made some valid points regarding the Kibble/SMISA partnership but given his past comments and views about the club/GLS/SMISA etc it's difficult to decide what are valid points and what are just more attempts to try and cause waves within SMISA.

Going to the meeting on Thursday night so hopefully the concerns that posters have put on here will be put to the panel and we can get some much needed answers.

2 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Been reading through this over the last couple of days and it's fair to say, LPM has made some valid points regarding the Kibble/SMISA partnership but given his past comments and views about the club/GLS/SMISA etc it's difficult to decide what are valid points and what are just more attempts to try and cause waves within SMISA.

Going to the meeting on Thursday night so hopefully the concerns that posters have put on here will be put to the panel and we can get some much needed answers.

Taking into account the enormity of this proposal shouldn't a vote be taking some time after this meeting to allow proper consideration on any questions/answers that arise on the night.

You can be sure there will be prepared responses, designed to ease this through. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Taking into account the enormity of this proposal shouldn't a vote be taking some time after this meeting to allow proper consideration on any questions/answers that arise on the night.

You can be sure there will be prepared responses, designed to ease this through. 

I take it you mean taken. 

I too do not believe that a vote should be taken at the first meeting. People need a chance to ask questions and get answers. The proposers many take into account points raised and wish to consult and amend their proposals. The final vote should not be at the meeting but like a normal £2 vote so that everyone gets a chance to vote whether to accept it or not.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I too do not believe that a vote should be taken at the first meeting. People need a chance to ask questions and get answers. The proposers many take into account points raised and wish to consult and amend their proposals. The final vote should not be at the meeting but like a normal £2 vote so that everyone gets a chance to vote whether to accept it or not.

Great idea. 🥰

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Your a fine one to talk,  kettle calling pot :lol:

5 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Your a fine one to talk,  kettle calling pot :lol:

Again, no issue with opposing opinion, it's the relentless negativity and unfounded garbage we get from a select few on here. 

8 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Yes I've noticed !  As long as it's much the same as yours 

If that's your opinion, fine. Think you'd struggle under questioning to show evidence for it though. 

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Vote taken using Very Connect, No date so far, maybe announced Thursday at meeting