Lord Pityme

Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It will either happen or it won't. I at least have a vote but I honestly won't get my knickers in a twist either way nor will the vast majority of smisa members. As always some will think they are above democracy whatever the result and the toys will be oot the pram but most will just get on with making the best of whatever result.

Agreed - bet you didn't think you'd see me do that with you. 

For me there are positives to this whole process. Clearly a number of St Mirren fans who were hardened against community involvement are now completely sold on the idea. It's quite an incredible 180 given the attitude that was taken when Richard Atkinson first talked about it. Hopefully that kind of turn around can be extrapolated to the whole SMISA membership, and to the rest of the St Mirren support. Community partnerships between the football club and local community groups has always been the one big silver bullet that a club like St Mirren has towards business growth and greater, consistent, levels of revenue. Frankly it's a shame it's taken so many years for others to work it out but I'm glad the penny has finally dropped and perhaps regardless of the outcome of the vote we will see SMiSA and St Mirren finally reaching out to the community in a way that hasn't happened in a very, very long time. 

I just hope that in their awakening they haven't signed away a veto that they live to regret.

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not a SMISA member and I haven't been in the past. I chose not to join as I envisaged the type of public blood letting we are seeing on the forum and perhaps elsewhere on the issue of control arising at some point. Inevitable. 

The question of whether or not there were sufficient fans interested in mounting a successful bid though has been answered and the answer is yes. I have no right to interfere in the process or influence it in any way but  the bid from Kibble has, to my mind, many things to commend it.

The company, for that's what SMFC is, has asserted through their directors that they wish to become more integrated with and involved in community involvement. On this issue, Kibble offer a fast track route to achieving this aim. This I like. 

They also offer opportunities to extend the use made of the premises and expand the income from these in much the same way as the Trust involved with Falkirk do but in their case, the benefit, apart from PR and Greater community involvement, goes financially to the council but in our case to SMFC. 

GLS will get his cash back. Sooner or later. I am largely disinterested in whether this is sooner or later. 

The issue at the Heart of the matter is Control. The same issue has arisen at the club over the years but generally behind closed doors. The difference here is that the 1300 SMISA members now have what they wanted.. The ability and opportunity to make major decisions. This bid is such a decision and control is the issue. 

Members need to accept the responsibility involved in ownership. Do they want the club to grow faster or do they want to ensure that they have full control. 

Over to SMISA. 

Excellent post Ricky 👍  you nailed it 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not a SMISA member and I haven't been in the past. I chose not to join as I envisaged the type of public blood letting we are seeing on the forum and perhaps elsewhere on the issue of control arising at some point. Inevitable. 

The question of whether or not there were sufficient fans interested in mounting a successful bid though has been answered and the answer is yes. I have no right to interfere in the process or influence it in any way but  the bid from Kibble has, to my mind, many things to commend it.

The company, for that's what SMFC is, has asserted through their directors that they wish to become more integrated with and involved in community involvement. On this issue, Kibble offer a fast track route to achieving this aim. This I like. 

They also offer opportunities to extend the use made of the premises and expand the income from these in much the same way as the Trust involved with Falkirk do but in their case, the benefit, apart from PR and Greater community involvement, goes financially to the council but in our case to SMFC. 

GLS will get his cash back. Sooner or later. I am largely disinterested in whether this is sooner or later. 

The issue at the Heart of the matter is Control. The same issue has arisen at the club over the years but generally behind closed doors. The difference here is that the 1300 SMISA members now have what they wanted.. The ability and opportunity to make major decisions. This bid is such a decision and control is the issue. 

Members need to accept the responsibility involved in ownership. Do they want the club to grow faster or do they want to ensure that they have full control. 

Over to SMISA. 

Ricky, the highlighted bit - I think time will tell. I suspect that a lot of the money generated will go to Kibble. St Mirren will most likely benefit through some savings being made, or in Kibble funding improvements or maintenance on items that they wish to use. Kibble aren't looking to get involved as a charitable donation to St Mirren FC Ltd. 

45 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Ricky, the highlighted bit - I think time will tell. I suspect that a lot of the money generated will go to Kibble. St Mirren will most likely benefit through some savings being made, or in Kibble funding improvements or maintenance on items that they wish to use. Kibble aren't looking to get involved as a charitable donation to St Mirren FC Ltd. 

SD

I think you know what I am saying. Additional income will be generated by increased letting of and development of the space both in and perhaps around the stadium. You know, as well or better than I do that the Charity Trustees have duties which include ensuring that the charity operates within the law, operates on a fair financial basis for the use of shared resources and yes to ensure the furtherance of their aims in a sustaonable manner. I've said my bit and at least attempted to amplify this point but genuinely will now leave this to SMISA members to ponder. Faster growth in line with the stated aims of SMFC and SMISA versus the degree of control they choose. 

I would even say it's gone beyond that. A lot of smisa members I know are sold on fan ownership and fan ownership alone. The German model was always used as the beacon ie 51% does the job. We are miles away from the schemes in place in Germany to self support and protect clubs but it's seen as the most workable model. Plenty fan owned clubs there have strategic partnerships as they translate as. A lot of members just want to get to majority fan ownership as quickly as possible. Not saying that it the right road but it's a popular opinion. As always the massively silent majority will make the decision not the few on here.

For me there are positives to this whole process. Clearly a number of St Mirren fans who were hardened against community involvement are now completely sold on the idea. It's quite an incredible 180 given the attitude that was taken when Richard Atkinson first talked about it. Hopefully that kind of turn around can be extrapolated to the whole SMISA membership, and to the rest of the St Mirren support. Community partnerships between the football club and local community groups has always been the one big silver bullet that a club like St Mirren has towards business growth and greater, consistent, levels of revenue. Frankly it's a shame it's taken so many years for others to work it out but I'm glad the penny has finally dropped and perhaps regardless of the outcome of the vote we will see SMiSA and St Mirren finally reaching out to the community in a way that hasn't happened in a very, very long time. 
I just hope that in their awakening they haven't signed away a veto that they live to regret.

10 hours ago, Dickson said:

You post like this is something you’ve known for years that others were ignorant to. That just isn’t the scenario at all.
There’s a material change involved in this proposal and I’m sure the majority/ All of the St Mirren fans voting are capable of evaluating it as such. Indeed I don’t think I have seen anyone against community strengthening, it’s a matter of the circumstances surrounding it. 

I notice in the SMISA reminder that the ‘half the time’ soundbite is still being pushed.
Is it not truer to say ‘5 years early instead of 3 years early’
It's half the time compared to the time limit on the original agreement. I don't think SMiSA ever claimed that they would buy the shares as soon as they had the money. Though I could be wrong on that.

10 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

How many on that list have looked past the PR excercise that presented this as a done deal - its easy for emplyees and celebrities to support what is presented to them in that manner

Neither of the two people I’m talking about are celebrities. One is secretary for health and SPORT, the other is is chief Exec for Supporters Direct.  Would imagine they’d both be making up their own mind. 

Aye, semantics. You know what I meant and so does everyone else. 
The thing is though - there were plenty of prominent St Mirren supporters that were prepared to back Gilmour as he tried to get a mandate from the fans to vote to replace Rangers with Sevco. Some of them have partaken in this thread throwing their weight behind the scheme to give a third party a veto over the will of St Mirren fans whilst trying to scythe down others who are a bit more cautious and a bit more wary when it comes to throwing away control over their football club. 

Indeed, totally agree.

I remember that summer well and I remember many forumsters on here backing the voting of Sevco into the top flight.

Scottish football and indeed Scottish society in general, could have been changed for the better that summer had Scottish football not allowed Sevco in at all. It would have signalled the beginning of the end for Celtic too.

14 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Sonny you hit the nail on the head. The continual debacle that goes on with the same 3-4 people on every £2 vote and the kibble bid proves that Fans Ownership is a potential disaster in the making. It has proven that for Fans Ownership needs help from an outside experienced party capable of running a business and making decisions for the good of a business.

Bazil

is this alias an attempt to get round all the ignores you have colllected?

13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
26 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:
I notice in the SMISA reminder that the ‘half the time’ soundbite is still being pushed.
Is it not truer to say ‘5 years early instead of 3 years early’

It's half the time compared to the time limit on the original agreement. I don't think SMiSA ever claimed that they would buy the shares as soon as they had the money. Though I could be wrong on that.

I think you are wrong here Slarti - the original  agreement was to buy the club “within “10 years”

Indeed, totally agree.

I remember that summer well and I remember many forumsters on here backing the voting of Sevco into the top flight.

Scottish football and indeed Scottish society in general, could have been changed for the better that summer had Scottish football not allowed Sevco in at all. It would have signalled the beginning of the end for Celtic too.

I don't. I remember a few, but not "many".

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

Bazil

is this alias an attempt to get round all the ignores you have colllected?

I assure you it isn't me, I have never once had an alias. I see no reason for one, if people have issues with positivitiy, it's their own problem. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I assure you it isn't me, I have never once had an alias. I see no reason for one, if people have issues with positivitiy, it's their own problem. 

You are not a positive person Baz.

Why would you think that?

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Neither of the two people I’m talking about are celebrities. One is secretary for health and SPORT, the other is is chief Exec for Supporters Direct.  Would imagine they’d both be making up their own mind. 

My argument  still stands - they would be reacting to a press conference giving it as a done deal - they wouldn’t spend any time looking any further

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:
I think you are wrong here Slarti - the original  agreement was to buy the club “within “10 years”

So 10 years was the "time limit" that I mentioned.

Yeah and 3 years early is the projected buy out given by SMISA in response to a question I putto them and was put to them at the Q&A meeting

4 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

My argument  still stands - they would be reacting to a press conference giving it as a done deal - they wouldn’t spend any time looking any further

Does it though?

1. Not a celebrity endorsement
  2. It isn’t a done deal
  3. I would be very surprised if people in their position blindly endorsed something so relative to their pretty public sports roles.
  4. Can you back-up your claim they didn’t spend time looking at it further? Otherwise it is baseless and as such doesn’t stand-up your argument.

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

13 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Great contribution emoji106.png

Just a thought but if Kibble come on Board maybe that shitfest of a ticket website run by InterStadia will get punted and we'll all be able to buy tickets online with no hassle. Hopefully they will have the contacts and resources to assist there.

That would be a great Contribution.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

That's not the impression you give on here.

The people that generally think that on here consistently take stands against club decisions, SMISA and our chairman to name a few. When your outlook is that is positive behaviour, defending club decisions, SMISA, our chairman, etc won’t look like positive behaviour.