Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

Well you'd hope so but the fact that you, as a SMISA member, are asking that question at all shows just how rash the 91% appear to have been. 

SMISA were reportedly paying for the drafting of the legal agreement from membership funds yet they didn't publish it for their members to look over before recommending the deal to their members and opening the vote. 

On that count, your totally wrong. Was never convinced enough to join the bandwagon. 

20 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Do you have the same illness as baz?

Instead of doubling down on your stupidity, just hold your hands up and admit you don’t know what you’re talking about

I put my hands up when wrong. I won’t when I’m right. If that’s an illness a lot of people on here are clear because they’re completely incapable of admitting when they’re wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Instead of doubling down on your stupidity oaksoft, take the advice you gave baz and just hold your hands up and admit you’re wrong

It’s fine you know. Everyone already knew that you didn’t know what you were talking about

34 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Do you have the same illness as baz?

Instead of doubling down on your stupidity, just hold your hands up and admit you don’t know what you’re talking about

Are you doubling up. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Dickson said:

Fair enough Pod. 

I was. Fool me once and all that, but I really was foolish enough to do it twice. My name on that wall is so much of an embarrassment I refuse to walk past it these days. 

There's no fool like an old fool. :wink: 

7 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Fair enough Pod. 

I was. Fool me once and all that, but I really was foolish enough to do it twice. My name on that wall is so much of an embarrassment I refuse to walk past it these days. 

Eh? Pretty much all your concerns regarding the initial scheme have came out as wrong and you’ve been campaigning to keep it for weeks now. 😅

I completely agree St Mirren having your name on that wall is an embarrassment though. One of our most counterproductive fans in history with his name on the boards of supporters that gave/ will give us fan ownership. Cringed. 

None of that first paragraph is relevant because that's not the point I was raising.
You think everyone is stupid except you.
You think everyone is incompetent except you.
You believe both of these things are true across multiple disciplines.
Classic narcissism.
Yes I think you have an illness.
Or he just does it because he's bored. He's admitted as much to a mutual acquaintance who asked him why he takes extreme contrary positions on everything. This was about 15 years ago and he's still at it. I have no idea what satisfaction anyone would get from it.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

What you are describing amounts to nothing more than speculative gambling.

All exercises in stocks and shares is a form of speculative gambling.   There is no guaranteed way to make money in the market. 

Classic narcissism.

Oh wad some poo'er the gifti gie us...

It is of absolutely no surprise that you consider yourself superior to everyone else in this area. :lol:

Seriously. Narcissism. Check it out.

Deja vu.

btw Yesterday afternoon, I cashed out a slab of shares I'd held for several years, with reasonable annual dividends.   But I still cashed in to cut my losses.    Successful company, expanding worldwide with impunity it seems, but the share price is now  worse than when I bought in.   I have lost confidence in its expansion. 

I could well be wrong.

It is all just gambling...

7 minutes ago, Dickson said:

My memory might be fading but I don't remember ever having been asked that question but 15 years ago would place me on Pie and Bovril. Not on this website. 

Surely not Law Stud?

It's only in recent years that you faded from view on here...

1 minute ago, Dickson said:

In 2005 I was a regular on P&B and on the Official St Mirren website. I might well have had an account here but I wasn't a frequent poster

OK.

It probably just felt as if you were, for those of us condemned to slash and burn through what you did post to find any slender, meagre morsels of interest...  :P

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

OK.

It probably just felt as if you were, for those of us condemned to slash and burn through what you did post to find any slender, meagre morsels of interest...  :P

His memory is no as great as it used to be, if it ever was. :rolleyes: 

I put my hands up when wrong. I won’t when I’m right. If that’s an illness a lot of people on here are clear because they’re completely incapable of admitting when they’re wrong. 

My apologies baz, the reference to “illness” was an ironic reference directed towards oaksoft as he’d used it against you earlier.

I might disagree with some of your posts but I have no issue with the way you post.

At least you are completely self aware, unlike oaksoft [emoji2]

My apologies baz, the reference to “illness” was an ironic reference directed towards oaksoft as he’d used it against you earlier.

I might disagree with some of your posts but I have no issue with the way you post.

At least you are completely self aware, unlike oaksoft [emoji2]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
My god... I know you take abuse... But I never ever thought of you as THAT needy for a pal!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, antrin said:

All exercises in stocks and shares is a form of speculative gambling.   There is no guaranteed way to make money in the market. 

Oh wad some poo'er the gifti gie us...

Deja vu.

btw Yesterday afternoon, I cashed out a slab of shares I'd held for several years, with reasonable annual dividends.   But I still cashed in to cut my losses.    Successful company, expanding worldwide with impunity it seems, but the share price is now  worse than when I bought in.   I have lost confidence in its expansion. 

I could well be wrong.

It is all just gambling...

I am not going to be roped back into this discussion because none of you are demonstrating that you have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Have a lovely day. 😄

Oh and you can take that cringeworthy Burns shite and stick it straight up your jacksie.

2 hours ago, Dickson said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

The right to veto  "any major decisions at the club". in my view; and that of many others I would imagine, is a safeguard that precludes knee jerk reactions to potential future events within the club.  I welcome an organisation with a history of surviving and prospering (in difficult times) and whilst I appreciate that Kibble is not here primarily to aid St MIrren; in my opinion it is not here to do it any harm either.  As many have pointed out the Kibble directors have a duty of care to their organisation and it would be ludicrous to imagine they bought their way into a football club simply to sabotage it.  The scenario that they outlined in respect of adding to their training options for their clients through being partners with the club would appear to be win win for both parties, if they can reduce costs and improve output  / quality through their training programmes and bring their expertise in business management to the club, ultimately it should make St Mirren a leaner and meaner business, maximising resources is and has been at the heart of Kibbles operational management for many years.  Will they interfere in 'football business'? why would they?  Would they have issues should the current board wish to mortgage the club / stadium to banks? (hypothetical scenario here, so don't go ballistic).  Yes I rather think they would, and such a scenario is why I think they are a good partner.  

Fair enough jaybee. It's your opinion and it may well prove to be correct. 

My point is that it was naive of the SMISA membership to vote the proposal through without sight of the legal agreement and without answers to even the most basic and pertinent of questions. Questions like what benefit will St Mirren get from this have been glossed over without too much detail. Questions asking for detail of how Kibble will get a return on investment on their £300k have been glibly brushed away with a story about how Kibble need to find something for their young trainees to do. And questions like why do Kibble need the enhanced veto are dismissed as irrelevant and left open for fans supposition and guesses. 

History shows that similar situations have gone badly wrong at other Supporter Trust clubs. I might well be being overly suspicious but is it really ludicrous to think that if the Third Party take the route of frustrating the majority shareholders will at every turn, they might be able to force the majority shareholder to buy the shares back off them with a suitable profit margin given they've got the club and the fans over a barrel. 

From what I have read and heard in the video there is a requirement inserted into the agreement that mandates that St Mirren get first refusal on Kibbles shares should they wish to sell them AND at the price paid for them.  I would think that is as as good a guarantee as is possible to get.  Although I will admit that if anyone is going to get shafted through believing what people say...... it will always be me.  I watch, listen and weigh up what has been said and then decide, mostly I am correct, but unfortunately NOT always. Nevertheless I would rather be this way than an out and out cynic. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Classic narcissism.

I am not going to be roped back into this discussion because none of you are demonstrating that you have the faintest idea what you are talking about.
Have a lovely day. [emoji1]

Hmmm

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Our 4 votes were NO too,  so along with Whydowebother's 4 and plenty others on here LPM had quite a landslide victory on this site 

Clapping Applause GIF by The Gentlemen

My decision to vote no had f*ck all to do with anything LPM said. In fact, he might have convinced me to vote yes with some of his rabid outpourings. I simply wasn't happy about the deal, especially the veto. But the majority have spoken, so let's get on with it.