Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

Agreed.  A lot of baw baggery has occurred in this thread.  I am nor a member nor a supporter of Smisa for this very reason.  The halfwittery in this thread shows that Smisa could not possibly be fit for purpose with such a low calibre of member.  Christ its like listening to Labour voters!!!!!

The OP often posts self obsessed urine, however the opening post in this very thread appears to be well thought out, well constructed and entirely reasonable.  As such it deserves debate.

Kibble is a privately owned business and a privately owned business is not in this for the common good....for those stupid enough not to realise this then I plead with you to type no longer as your stupidity cheapens us all.  Gordon Scott is an astute man, that why he can afford daft looking cars.  Those who command the Kibble business probably drive daft cars as well.  The only trustworthy men in daft cars are clowns and Popes and I dont trust them Popes.

So to Smisa members I ask this of you.  Take this seriously or f**k off.  Your current child like behaviour is not worthy of our club oh and your wall is shite.  Seriously what kind of adult spunks money on a list engraved on a wall that is not a war memorial?  Wankers.  The wall is a list of wankers.

Highly unhelpful post, there is a serious matter requiring debate/clarification not including clown car baw baggery of a tedious nature, thanks for your contribution

Just now, StanleySaint said:
20 minutes ago, TediousTom said:
Agreed.  A lot of baw baggery has occurred in this thread.  I am nor a member nor a supporter of Smisa for this very reason.  The halfwittery in this thread shows that Smisa could not possibly be fit for purpose with such a low calibre of member.  Christ its like listening to Labour voters!!!!!

The OP often posts self obsessed urine, however the opening post in this very thread appears to be well thought out, well constructed and entirely reasonable.  As such it deserves debate.

Kibble is a privately owned business and a privately owned business is not in this for the common good....for those stupid enough not to realise this then I plead with you to type no longer as your stupidity cheapens us all.  Gordon Scott is an astute man, that why he can afford daft looking cars.  Those who command the Kibble business probably drive daft cars as well.  The only trustworthy men in daft cars are clowns and Popes and I dont trust them Popes.

So to Smisa members I ask this of you.  Take this seriously or f**k off.  Your current child like behaviour is not worthy of our club oh and your wall is shite.  Seriously what kind of adult spunks money on a list engraved on a wall that is not a war memorial?  Wankers.  The wall is a list of wankers.

Highly unhelpful post, there is a serious matter requiring debate/clarification not including clown car baw baggery of a tedious nature, thanks for your contribution

Your name is so on that wall

49 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Seriously what kind of adult spunks money on a list engraved on a wall that is not a war memorial?  Wankers.  The wall is a list of wankers.

Possibly someone who as lost child, parent etc. etc.  :(  So uncool.   Wanker

Too many people on here are far to quick to disregard everything he says,  As The Boy Who Cried Wolf.  One day that's going to bite you in the arse 
I don't disregard everything he says, but when most of it is him having cheap digs at the chairman, players etc, any decent stuff tend to get lost in his hatred for the chairman.

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Possibly someone who as lost child, parent etc. etc.  :(  So uncool.   Wanker

Your on that that wall as well arent you?

Again Smisa is doomed to fail my football club unless it improves the calibre of member....and you certianly are a member.  A member of the highest order I would wager.  A massive member.

Edited by TediousTom

4 hours ago, Dickson said:

https://communityshares.org.uk/resources/handbook/community-benefit-societies

I think LPM is wrong when he says that the sale of shares to Kibble would be illegal after SMISA buys the club. That doesn't appear to be true. Many businesses in the third sector do sell off chunks of their assets to private companies. That is perfectly legal. The stipulation under the regulations would be that the money from that sale of those assets would have to be used for the benefit of the broader interests of the community and not profit any member of the society. 

However I do think it is healthy to hold a large degree of scepticism over the proposal. After all the Trustees of a charity have a legal duty to ensure that all of their resources are used only to further or support it's charitable aims and I doubt that handing over six figure sums to a wealthy property developer driving an Aston Martin for his shares in a football club that are supposed to be worthless  would fit their legal obligations. So the question remains - what are they getting in return for their money that will further the aims of their charity? What is it that is being sold off at the football club for the sole financial benefit of Gordon Scott? And why are the committee at SMISA so happy to jump on board? 

I have to say as well that rather than turn ire on LPM for trying to raise awareness and discussion on the issue, it would be far more healthy for St Mirren fans to pour scorn and anger on the likes of - in this case smcc - who has posted to the effect that fans of the club should just do as the Chairman wants out of deference and respect to him. Many other football club fans have found to their cost that their chairman being a fan of their club doesn't offer any protection for the long term future of the club, when that individual is also driven by greed and a desire to make money out of every opportunity. 

Perhaps you can show me where I have said this. I have simply pointed out to those who seem to think otherwise that this in not a done deal, but is dependent on a vote of the members after questions have been raised and answered at the meeting, and that the Chairman was the only person who stepped up with cash to kick start the bid. AFIK these are facts. where is the deference?

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
8 hours ago, Hendo said:
So, if they sell to Kibble, a charity who works with and supports young people in care, how is that not benefitting the community? 

Kibble's clients come from a over Scotland and England. It's not a community specific operation like say the local food bank.

yes it is

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:
7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

1, By giving jobs to the staff.

2, Rehabilitation of youths.

There's a couple of examples. emoji106.png

Point one, as I don't know the break down on employing local people I'll leave that to a side.

Point two, these youths, and my daughter worked there for 3 months, are mainly from other areas, how is that helping the local community?

I know you're falling over yourself to disprove EVERYTHING he says but there's many parts of his posts that are true and many that throw up interesting

Just to be nit picky weeeeeeeeee man, if your daughter  who  worked there for a whole 3 months, said the youths are mainly from other areas, then possibly some of the not mainly from other areas ones,  might just be local, (I am maybe stretching a point here in assuming 'not from other areas' means probably local) and if one assumes some (at least) of the employed staff are also local, then you owe cockles an apology............................don't hold your breath cockles.  😎

Just to be nit picky weeeeeeeeee man, if your daughter  who  worked there for a whole 3 months, said the youths are mainly from other areas, then possibly some of the not mainly from other areas ones,  might just be local, (I am maybe stretching a point here in assuming 'not from other areas' means probably local) and if one assumes some (at least) of the employed staff are also local, then you owe cockles an apology............................don't hold your breath cockles.  [emoji41]
The point is Kibble are not a Community Benefit Society like SMISA. Therefore they are not Obliged to benefit their local community. Ad Smisa are.
That said... they deliver a number of services that give help and hope to young people across the UK

6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Just to be nit picky weeeeeeeeee man, if your daughter  who  worked there for a whole 3 months, said the youths are mainly from other areas, then possibly some of the not mainly from other areas ones,  might just be local, (I am maybe stretching a point here in assuming 'not from other areas' means probably local) and if one assumes some (at least) of the employed staff are also local, then you owe cockles an apology............................don't hold your breath cockles.  😎

Popped you off ignore to point and laugh.........................please try to write in English, I have no fecking idea what the feck you're on about,  especially the bit in red, ya Wank Wank Broadfoot. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Too many people on here are far to quick to disregard everything he says,  As The Boy Who Cried Wolf.  One day that's going to bite you in the arse 

Yes you may well have a point , I found most of the early part of the original post reasonable; until it became about GS raking in the profits, LPM seems to forget that SMFC is HIS club, he owns it and is entitled to do any deal HE thinks is OK. 

25 minutes ago, Dickson said:

It's where you make the point about Scott putting in £hundreds of thousands. Who cares? Why should Scott be given greater consideration in getting his money back than the thousand or so fans who dug deep and who will never see a penny of their cash back even if the deal was mis-sold? Why should Scott be unquestioned on the deals he does to get his money back out? How many parts of the club should he be able to sell off in order to recover his money? Why even make the point where there are ordinary football fans out there who don't drive Aston Martins who stretched themselves to pay in £2500 up front, or £12 per month without ever getting the level of access to the club and to Scottish Football that Scott bought for himself. 

The deal warrants close scrutiny. Not platitudes and compliments. 

Nice to see you back, Stu D. Glad to see your views haven't changed1

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
20 minutes ago, jaybee said:
Just to be nit picky weeeeeeeeee man, if your daughter  who  worked there for a whole 3 months, said the youths are mainly from other areas, then possibly some of the not mainly from other areas ones,  might just be local, (I am maybe stretching a point here in assuming 'not from other areas' means probably local) and if one assumes some (at least) of the employed staff are also local, then you owe cockles an apology............................don't hold your breath cockles.  emoji41.png

The point is Kibble are not a Community Benefit Society like SMISA. Therefore they are not Obliged to benefit their local community. Ad Smisa are.
That said... they deliver a number of services that give help and hope to young people across the UK

They are a Charity which is very similar and in some ways far stricter, however whilst they are not specifically targeting locals; nevertheless their aims and objectives will follow similar guidelines and surely you would not like it if SMISA was viewed as just a little too parochial.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Point one, as I don't know the break down on employing local people I'll leave that to a side.

Point two, these youths, and my daughter worked there for 3 months, are mainly from other areas, how is that helping the local community?

I know you're falling over yourself to disprove EVERYTHING he says but there's many parts of his posts that are true and many that throw up interesting scenarios.

I think you are adopting a very narrow definition of community. If a young person from another part of the country moves to Kibble, don't they then become part of the local community? If they stay there for five years and get a flat in Paisley, do they become part of the local community at that point, or will they still be viewed as an outsider? If Kibble adopted that same narrow approach, I'd have real doubts about their values and ethos.

Personally, I think helping young people who've suffered sometimes massive trauma to rebuild their lives is something which is of real benefit to the community, and the origin of the young person is entirely irrelevant. There is a wider debate about whether it's always good practice to move young people a considerable distance away from home - often it's not - but there are other times it's unavoidable. We should not discriminate against young people simply because of where they come from. An unfortunate parochialism has crept into this thread.

Yes you may well have a point , I found most of the early part of the original post reasonable; until it became about GS raking in the profits, LPM seems to forget that SMFC is HIS club, he owns it and is entitled to do any deal HE thinks is OK. 

No smfc belongs to the fans.. at least that what the chairman says.
And can you please show where I said the chairman was raking in profit