Potential questions for Kibble proposal meeting 6/2/20

Will the club require to abide by any rules or regulations once a charity / not for profit organisation has a 27% shareholding in the football club? Are Kibble permitted to make a profit on their investment if the club gets into Europe, or receives a large transfer fee for a player? 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve asked SMiSA the voting question re extraordinary proposal as I believe it must be included in the website Q&A.

Well as I have stated previously, they intend using Very Connect with a simple majority yes/no winning from among those who bother to vote.

They did say they are  trying to get members to engage and use their vote

14 minutes ago, alanb said:

If the plans fail = a majority NO vote to my mind

I would suggest this statement is very clear, if unintentional. If the plan fails to attract the majority of MEMBERS, is not the same as the majority who vote. This looks to be that it would need over 50% of the total membership.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I would suggest this statement is very clear, if unintentional. If the plan fails to attract the majority of MEMBERS, is not the same as the majority who vote. This looks to be that it would need over 50% of the total membership.

You missed out the word "Support" 

It looks like this will be measured by the intended vote one way or the other.

No % of membership being considered to qualify vote validity, first past the post, yes or no wins the day.

Given the importance of this I would like to think members will think it is worth a click to vote on 

That's my understanding of the reply I got FWIW

Question asked,

I would like to ask how the vote will take place regarding the proposed change to the Fan Ownership deal

involving SMISA, Kibble and SMFC.

That is the method and rules to a achieve a result

Straight forward majority via an electronic vote on Very Connect with no minimum percentage of membership participation or will it require say at least 50% or more of the membership to cast a vote.

Answer given

Thank for you for getting in touch. As per all previous SMISA votes, a simple majority of all of those members who choose to vote will be enough to carry it one way or the other. 

We agree with you that the more members that vote on this issue the better. To that end we have been reminding our members on a regular basis - both through email and on our social media pages - over the last few months of the need to sign up to Very Connect.

I am pleased to report that we have had a large number of new sign-ups since the proposal was announced last week. We have also been busy chasing those who are yet to register, seeking out alternative contact details for them for those yet to respond and doing all we can to encourage them to register, attend the members meeting if they can, and then vote. 

We hope that all of our members will realise the  significance of this proposal and make the effort to have their say. 

6 minutes ago, alanb said:

You missed out the word "Support" 

It looks like this will be measured by the intended vote one way or the other.

No % of membership being considered to qualify vote validity, first past the post, yes or no wins the day.

Given the importance of this I would like to think members will think it is worth a click to vote on 

That's my understanding of the reply I got FWIW

I did, in error, but it doesn't change the statement in any way. It still quite clearly states that it the majority of members, not the majority of simply those who vote. I suspect there could be a reasonable case to challenge the result if SMISA were to try to push through a result without the 50% + of the Entire membership.

ETA. As far as I read this, in essence, not voting must be taken as NO.

Edited by stlucifer

I did, in error, but it doesn't change the statement in any way. It still quite clearly states that it the majority of members, not the majority of simply those who vote. I suspect there could be a reasonable case to challenge the result if SMISA were to try to push through a result without the 50% + of the Entire membership.

I have posted the Q/A I asked above

Guest TPAFKATS
Response from SMiSA:
“ The only extraordinary resolutions defined in the Constitution relate to 
a) amending the constitution and B) winding up the Society. Neither of these apply on this occasion. “

Hahaha
Did anyone really expect anything else.

13 hours ago, Yflab said:

Well I believe that goes against the constitution if it does not pass with 75% majority of all members.

Where does the constitution say it would have to be 75% of ALL members for this kind of vote? I had a read and I can't see anything that would require 75% of all and the only 75% of voting members I seen was wind-up society, amendment to society rules? 

Granted I might have missed this. 

Edit: See this has been answered above already. Great, a question ticked off the list for Thursday. 

Edited by bazil85