Potential questions for Kibble proposal meeting 6/2/20

53 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

But you've claimed GLS said he can't trust us to run the club. It turns out what he actually said was “The worry with fan ownership is always that you get people running the club who don’t know what they’re doing, they don’t have the knowledge. 

GLS is clearly highlighting a risk that exists with fan ownership, it's the worry not the universal situation. He doesn't say anywhere that this risk will 100% materialise at SMFC because we can't trust our fans. I called you out on your spin, deal with it.

Imagine thinking it's a negative having the chairman talk about risks but using risks as a way to talk down a deal you don't agree with. Hypocrite levels through the roof! 🤣

loop dig GIF

You made a point, I questioned it, you refuse to provide, someone else provided ref point. It showed your point was a lie. 
All this time later and you have found zero for the above. No wonder you keep coming back for more. One day maybe. 
Au contraire.
It showed you have decided to call a clearly referenced statement a lie to suit your warped viewpoint! So needy.

Baz won't answer a simple question. Oh dear. He must by his own standards be lying!
Self confessed this time!

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Au contraire.
It showed you have decided to call a clearly referenced statement a lie to suit your warped viewpoint! So needy.

Baz won't answer a simple question. Oh dear. He must by his own standards be lying!
Self confessed this time!

It wasn't clearly referenced though, you spun a quote to say something it didn't. 

Ask me a question, I'll answer it... We differ there don't we? 

It is important the club has continuity and stability as it moves from one era to the next and St Mirren will need people with experience of running a football club. Currently the club has a chairman and board who are St Mirren fans (and SMISA members).

The above taken from SMISA website Kibble Q&A

Are we in reality not now under SMISA control ? Just need to get the Kibble reps to join up and pay their subs too

GLS can continue to steer the ship for interim period, then stand for election as a SMSIA rep on board (Experienced man whose done it all) and all under no further financial stress (shares all sold to interested parties)

Continuity and Stability purely defined

Keep those cheques coming

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

What do you base that on? 

Which part?

The Kibble Expertise to run the club :Read the bumph & watch the press conference. 

Liking it to Boris sticking £350 million on the side of a bus : You did read my earlier post about SMISA directing the vote to the way they favour or I could rephrase it as They'll fill your head with any old shite to get you to vote the way they want.

or the horseshite bit? Self explanatory

Happy to help :D

Edited by Kombibuddie
grammar & typo

29 minutes ago, Dickson said:

You can consider it as you wish. You've certainly gone to town on my complaint in the past using the fact that I didn't take it further as proof of no wrong doing despite several SMISA Committee members e-mailing me to say that they will "sometimes get things wrong". 

I campaigned for fan ownership for many years. Before SMISA was formed I was already a member if a number of Independent Supporters Associations and had helped a number of them through the business I was running back then. Back then St Mirren fans were still posting on a guestbook Saints Online. My initial membership of SMISA had me as a single digit member - IIRC I think I was number 8 to sign up. At the time news emerged of Richard Atkinson's 10000Hours bid I was already attending Social Enterprise conferences as a representative of a juvenile football club. I was both critical and supportive of the 10000Hours bid. And regardless of what you think, despite me having lost faith in SMISA long before BTB - over the tshirt and towel nonsense with Stewart Gilmour - I was prepared to rejoin for BTB even giving the SMISA committee the option of telling me how best to set up my membership to suit them. 

The complaint was about their dishonesty in how they sold BTB, and their attempt to redefine "community" as the football club, it's supporters and SMISA's members rather than what a community actually is. They were describing and continue to act as a Co-Operative and not as a BenComm. My attempt wasn't to stop BTB, it was to try to force them to stick to their original promises, to keep them honest, and when that failed to get my subscriptions back for the product they had clearly mis-sold. 

Today I feel conflicted over the new direction that SMISA and the club have taken. On paper a partnership with Kibble, despite me knowing very little about Kibble other than they are a charity, is very much in line with how I passionately believe SMISA and the club should progress. But the way it's being done smells funny - as I've said already on the three Kibble threads I've contributed to. 

See Bazil, the way I see it is I have my moral and ethical beliefs. My standards that I think are important and whether it makes me popular or not amongst fans, players, manager or directors of the football club is completely irrelevant. You on the other hand appear to so desperate to be seen as SMISA's best pal that you are willing to back everything they do no matter how contradictory it makes you look. You might call it as positive outlook, but to me it just makes you look idiotic. 

Now can we put this to bed and get back on topic. There's something rather important happening tomorrow that deserves proper scrutiny. 

I doubt there is a BOD or committee on the planet that hasn’t sometimes gotten things wrong. It’s very different from regulatory non-compliance or breaching. No evidence of that whatsoever and that’ll be why your complaint went no further. The moment you escalated it, the person has a duty of care to proceed with such matters to the appropriate authorities. Reality is, it was unfounded and amounted to no more than a members grievance.

Good for you.

The complaint was about your perceived dishonesty and perceived miss-selling. Absolutely fine, if you thought it was going to be something it wasn’t you have every right to feel aggrieved. The outcome was no wrongdoing regarding SMISA. If they had “miss-sold” or been deceptive to get members, it would be different and you’d be entitled to your money back. What it boils down to is a members dispute over your interpretation, nothing more, nothing untoward regarding the logistics of setting up the arrangement.

Critical evaluation isn’t a bad thing Stuart. Despite your history of claiming incorrectly points like miss-selling and dishonesty, it’s everyone’s duty to scrutinise this deal and come to a conclusion. Granted yours won’t be relevant in a vote as a non-SMISA member but input on these forums can be very worthwhile, even from non-members. Unfortunately there are people on here with a very clear dislike for GLS/ SMISA and I feel their view needs to often be caveated.  

Stuart that is just utter nonsense. You built up a reputation on here as being one of the most negative contributors in history (fair effort by others to knock you off that perch). That has nothing to do with your morals and ethics. You thrived on negativity. Your back to the exact behaviour that you craved despite self-admitting on paper this arrangement aligns with your apparent values. As for me, I am delighted with BTB to date, I am happy with the direction SMISA/ GLS are taking our football club. They aren’t separate entities to me playing against each other, they are going in the same direction (for the most part) and it’s really benefiting our football club. When they came in, the first year we were a result away from part-time football. Almost four years later and we are in the SP, we have only lost two in eight against the bigots and have what I think is one of our most solid squads in recent years. This myth that I happy clap to SMISA is rubbish. The situation is good at our football team, why not be positive about it?

The scrutiny is ongoing, it’s funny how it’s only my comments your calling out to be “put to bed”

5 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Which part?

The Kibble Expertise to run the club :Read the bumph & watch the press conference. 

Liking it to Boris sticking £350 million on the side of a bus : You did read my earlier post about SMISA directing the vote to the way they favour or I could rephrase it as They'll fill your head with any old shite to get you to vote the way they want.

or the horseshite bit? Self explanatory

Happy to help :D

1. I think the "bumph" backs it up nicely. They're a very successful charity. 

2. Only if their view turns out to be wrong. Hence my comment on how you back it up? 

Guest TPAFKATS
It is important the club has continuity and stability as it moves from one era to the next and St Mirren will need people with experience of running a football club. Currently the club has a chairman and board who are St Mirren fans (and SMISA members).
The above taken from SMISA website Kibble Q&A
Are we in reality not now under SMISA control ? Just need to get the Kibble reps to join up and pay their subs too
GLS can continue to steer the ship for interim period, then stand for election as a SMSIA rep on board (Experienced man whose done it all) and all under no further financial stress (shares all sold to interested parties)
Continuity and Stability purely defined
Keep those cheques coming
No we are in reality under control of GS who is chairman, majority shareholder and currently holds the financial risk of both these.

No we are in reality under control of GS who is chairman, majority shareholder and currently holds the financial risk of both these.

I know but don’t know how to type in ironics

Often confuse it with facetiousnetics

And GLS and his board are still SMiSA members now and for the subsequent future

No likelihood of a real change to that

14 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Well, seeing as everyone else is off topic ...

Irony?

Yep, we all know about your morals and ethical beliefs about babies.

Anyway, back on topic, nobody got any more questions for tomorrow?

Nope, I openly looked for it and couldn’t find it. You were just being awkward for a point that you clearly knew was correct. 👍

Got the makings of a good C&W song there Slarti...:whistle

12 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You said you saw me kissin' her

I'm sayin' you made a blunder 

Cos you never so no wonder,

You said that I've been makin eyes

At gals and started tellin lies

I wasn't and I never.

Lovin' always should be fun

But Kibble's got me on the run

That was easy. :D

Edited by Bud the Baker

30 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You never so no wonder, I wasn't and I never.

That was easy. :D

Yes I did, the way it was worded I thought it was on SMISA website, couldn't see it, asked BEK to provide and he didn't. 

Yes you were and yes you did. It was on FS posts that I had quoted. shred of common sense would tell you it was accurate... Hmm maybe I gave you too much credit? 

26 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I hear you Baz...
Sounds to me like this...

In my experience this general approach to debate shows someone with nothing else to give. I don't blame you giving our history on here. You've been owned more times than a 50 pence piece 🤣

In my experience this general approach to debate shows someone with nothing else to give. I don't blame you giving our history on here. You've been owned more times than a 50 pence piece [emoji1787]
Only in your fact devoid fantasy world pants on fire boy! You wish. Always spinning. Always found out. [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Deluded liar and fantasist.
Needing the last word as ever?

Look back... Every debate we had that ended, ended with me letting you have the last word for the sake of others!

So needy!
Glad I'm the better person! emoji41.png

Incorrect 

Absolutely, something we have in common whether you admit it or not. 

They haven't really ended though have they? You begged for them to end, I stopped responding to you and you came crawling back (firstly in responding to everyone else I was debating with, that started about three days later lol, rattled). Being picked up days, weeks or months later doesn't stop us covering the same old tired points. 

You keep telling yourself that. 

Incorrect 
Absolutely, something we have in common whether you admit it or not. 
They haven't really ended though have they? You begged for them to end, I stopped responding to you and you came crawling back (firstly in responding to everyone else I was debating with, that started about three days later lol, rattled). Being picked up days, weeks or months later doesn't stop us covering the same old tired points. 
You keep telling yourself that. 
Show me a previous discussion which ended without you having the last word.
Bet you can't! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]