Non Scots in Saints Squad

I'm wondering if we have a record number of non Scots in the squad. Transfer market list us as having 25 players in the first team squad 64% of whom are non Scots. Truly an international feel to the team right now but still some academy guys in there. Anybody know? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/kader/verein/465

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm wondering if we have a record number of non Scots in the squad. Transfer market list us as having 25 players in the first team squad 64% of whom are non Scots. Truly an international feel to the team right now but still some academy guys in there. Anybody know? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/kader/verein/465

We could now realistically choose a starting 11 and substitutes without a single Scot in there. Amazing. 

We had quite a few non Scots last season.

Ten from outwith the UK/Ireland-
Brock-Madsen, Edwards, Jackson, Hladky, Popescu, Holmes, Dreyer, Muzek, Corbu, Nazon

Thirteen Englishmen -
Cooke, Ferdinand, Kellerman, Tansey, Eckersley, Heaton, Willock, Coulson, Jones, Hammill, Lynes, King and Kpekawa

Three Irishmen
Two from the North Hodson and Lyons and Rogers from the South

A total of 26 non-Scots. Don't think I've missed anyone.

12 minutes ago, SBS said:

Brock-Madsen, Edwards, Jackson, Hladky, Popescu, Holmes, Dreyer, Muzek, Corbu, Nazon

Thirteen Englishmen -
Cooke, Ferdinand, Kellerman, Tansey, Eckersley, Heaton, Willock, Coulson, Jones, Hammill, Lynes, King and Kpekawa

Three Irishmen

Erm we have 16 currently and at season end last season we had 16 (both according to wiki), however we would have had 17 from Feb 1 till May 2 when Anders Dreyer was injured and returned to Brighton - King of the Nerds!  :specs

The January 2019 Transfer Window was pretty chaotic for us but 17 non-Scots at the end of the window is the maximum according to my reading - however feel free to check..

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erm we have 16 currently and at season end last season we had 16 (both according to wiki), however we would have had 17 from Feb 1 till May 2 when Anders Dreyer was injured and returned to Brighton - King of the Nerds!  :specs

The January 2019 Transfer Window was pretty chaotic for us but 17 non-Scots at the end of the window is the maximum according to my reading - however feel free to check..

Thanks Bud. 

Changed days from 1973/4 when I first went along to Love Street. I have no problem with it as we still seem to be bringing young talent through in our academy. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I blame Brexit

I blame a certain sad individual who is so desperate to appear significant, he not only starts pointless threads, but replies to them when no one else takes interest.

In this day and age why would it seem important where a player was born?

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, SBS said:

Thirteen Englishmen -

Three Irishmen

Hodson is English 🙂