Very Few Tickets Sold For Motherwell, 8th Feb

W6er

1387881694_2MotherwellCup8Feb.jpg.346fa3676fd139258c67b95dc6e03d86.jpg

According to my calculations we have sold 2,791 tickets in the home stands. I expected a lot more would be sold. I wonder if many folks will decide to go to the game on Saturday? It would appear a lot of season ticket holders haven't purchased their seats.

13 minutes ago, W6er said:

1387881694_2MotherwellCup8Feb.jpg.346fa3676fd139258c67b95dc6e03d86.jpg

According to my calculations we have sold 2,791 tickets in the home stands. I expected a lot more would be sold. I wonder if many folks will decide to go to the game on Saturday? It would appear a lot of season ticket holders haven't purchased their seats.

A lot of folk including myself will buy on the day. Funny seeing Motherwell fans getting their knickers in a twist on twitter though as we won’t give them any more seats, this seasons Kilmarnock, all appearing when the teams playing decent.

4 minutes ago, mattman said:

A lot of folk including myself will buy on the day. Funny seeing Motherwell fans getting their knickers in a twist on twitter though as we won’t give them any more seats, this seasons Kilmarnock, all appearing when the teams playing decent.

Aye, it was. However it will be embarrassing if we only sell half of our seats. A bigger crowd is more money and a better atmosphere. 

It's human nature to want to see your side win, which might explain why sales have been so bad. I have to be honest and say I respect Motherwell supporters who, like ourselves, are just a stone's throw away from the aresecheeks, and yet support their local side. I can't blame them for relishing the good times and taking every opportunity to watch their side.

6 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I am sure it will be a decent crowd for such an attractive tie. However, no one seems to have picked up on the fact it is a holiday weekend for schools so many families, including my own, are away or doing other things. Bit gutted to be missing game, but this might be a factor

Regularly happens with cup games. They'll turn out in their numbers as always. 

10 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I am sure it will be a decent crowd for such an attractive tie. However, no one seems to have picked up on the fact it is a holiday weekend for schools so many families, including my own, are away or doing other things. Bit gutted to be missing game, but this might be a factor

Might well be but Around 4,300 there on Wednesday so hope for the same or larger number. Going by the tickets sold to Motherwell, that would take us up to 5,900. I'd hope we would get over 6,000. 75% Utilisation 

Edited by St.Ricky

27 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I hope I don't seem contrary, but do many families really go away in February? The forecast is terrible, which I'd have thought would put people off going out altogether.

19 minutes ago, pod said:

Regularly happens with cup games. They'll turn out in their numbers as always. 

Does it? I have never monitored the ticket situation as closely as this before but as of about five minutes ago, we've sold 2,938 plus the 1,600 to visiting fans. Ordinarily I would expect a bigger attendance for a Saturday game, but as it's not included in one's season ticket, the weather is miserable, the side is struggling and people are skint after Christmas in many cases, I'm not overly optimistic. 

17 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Might well be but Around 4,300 there on Wednesday so hope for the same or larger number. Going by the tickets sold to Motherwell, that would take us up to 5,900. I'd hope we would get over 6,000. 75% Utilisation 

See my reply to Pod.

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

The club would probably sell more tickets if they did not put barriers in the way.

I’ve spoken to a number of supporters who were not able to buy a ticket for the Motherwell game on Wednesday night.

How were they prevented from buying tickets?

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Aye, I've actually ordered one now which I hope will come tomorrow or Saturday morning. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

IMHO the quality of St Mirren clothing and souvenirs has dropped dramatically since provans left. There are a number of internet based suppliers of st mirren themed products far superior.

I searched the internet, but didn't come up with much. Care to share?

9 hours ago, W6er said:

Does it? I have never monitored the ticket situation as closely as this before but as of about five minutes ago, we've sold 2,938 plus the 1,600 to visiting fans. Ordinarily I would expect a bigger attendance for a Saturday game, but as it's not included in one's season ticket, the weather is miserable, the side is struggling and people are skint after Christmas in many cases, I'm not overly optimistic. 

See my reply to Pod.

How were they prevented from buying tickets?

It wasn't meant as a fact or even optimistic, more encouraging. :wink: 

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

No tickets were on sale for Motherwell cup game before the game. 

Yflab is correct. There was no provision for buying tickets other than for the match against Hamilton on Wednesday night. I've found this happening before. Now, I telephone the office and buy any cup or, occasionally, away tickets that way. But, I am optimistic that will top the 6,000 mark for the match which is 75% of our capacity. More would be great. COYS

Edited by St.Ricky

A few folk will probably be at the rugby too.

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, saint in exile said:
I'll sell you one. Slightly used. Only £100!

I've got a classic b&w bar scarf that's at least 45years old. If that makes it an antique I'll sell it for the measly sum of £10k.

Send me your bank details and I'll transfer the money...

Stewards and ticketing staff stated there were no tickets for the west stand today at 2.50pm and sent a lot of fans around to main stand. Someone brought 2 around for me and a mate while we got soaked. Is there no end to the incompetence and lies the fans have to deal with. Our biggest source of income is from ticket sales and we continue to make this really easy task so much more difficult than it is. There was literally hundreds of seats around me today in the West yet staff were insisting it was sold out. Utter nonsense. Get a grip St Mirren.

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

It was to be expected given the weather warnings. However, as I said in the match thread, I thought the Northbank were amazing and a real credit to the club.

The North Bank died with the demise of our old Stadium. 

They should  call themselves something else 

THE WEST BANK AGGRO BLOCK SEVEN.

There will never  be another North Bank. 

Apart from a wee row of hooses. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

The North Bank died with the demise of our old Stadium. 

They should  call themselves something else 

THE WEST BANK AGGRO BLOCK SEVEN.

There will never  be another North Bank. 

Apart from a wee row of hooses. 

Their spirit lives on...