Livingston v St Mirren, Wed 12th Feb

faraway saint

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Livingston: How has Gary Holt created a formidable force in the Premiership? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51368590

They're aggressive, built on a strong defence & not afraid to go long which is effective against the mediocre "passing teams" they mainly face in this division, they have also had stability in that their Asst. Manager Martindale has stayed with them through the managerial changes of the last few seasons (NB - Altho' I love a conspiracy theory, I'm not saying he's the "real" manager.).

I have high hopes that JG is trying to go down the same route and that if we can avoid relegation this season there are calmer waters ahead.

I like to be positive, but with a lack of fit defenders and defensive midfield cover, I fear that this one could be a defeat...

Hope I am proved wrong, but if so we will need to help Waters at LB, Keep Dykes quiet and actually mark Guthrie when he enters our box, have Cammy play a blinder at RB, and score 3 or 4 goals.

Can we win in adversity?  :magic

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

They're aggressive, built on a strong defence & not afraid to go long which is effective against the mediocre "passing teams" they mainly face in this division, they have also had stability in that their Asst. Manager Martindale has stayed with them through the managerial changes of the last few seasons (NB - Altho' I love a conspiracy theory, I'm not saying he's the "real" manager.).

I have high hopes that JG is trying to go down the same route and that if we can avoid relegation this season there are calmer waters ahead.

Martindale is indeed the “real” manager

of that, I am 100% certain 

I have saw Saints v Livingston I think 10 times or do over last 3 seasons and this season they definitely aren't a long ball team like when Miller and Hardie played.

They play some really good football with the constant pass and move from the 3 very good midfielders I mentioned on the earlier post.

They still score their fare share of set piece/ long throw goals but that is more due to bad defending imo.

By playing long ball football 

No. Their a high ball team. But it works for them.

I have saw Saints v Livingston I think 10 times or do over last 3 seasons and this season they definitely aren't a long ball team like when Miller and Hardie played.

They play some really good football with the constant pass and move from the 3 very good midfielders I mentioned on the earlier post.

They still score their fare share of set piece/ long throw goals but that is more due to bad defending imo.

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Man City, Liverpool, almost no cnut plays long ball football and wins anything.

You are a buffoon. 

Oh dear!

So Livi should abandon their long ball game and try to play like Liverpool and Man City? 😃

The only problem with that is that they can’t afford Agüero, Silva, Salah and Mane 😂

All the best teams play a passing game, all the worst teams play a passing game. Your point is worthless and irrelevant.

A bit like St Ricky 😃

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Man City, Liverpool, almost no cnut plays long ball football and wins anything.

You are a buffoon. 

Just looking at the stats, Liverpool have actually hit the 5th highest number of long balls in the Premiership this season as opposed to Man City who have hit the second lowest and Man United who have hit the least.

Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal are also all down at the bottom of the long ball table. 

Hitting the long ball is why Liverpool are so far ahead of the rest of England’s leading clubs.

The team with the most long balls is Sheffield United who started the season as favourites to go back down and are now in the hunt for Europe.

You clueless imbecile 

Edited by Hiram Abiff

31 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Just looking at the stats, Liverpool have actually hit the 5th highest number of long balls in the Premiership this season as opposed to Man City who have hit the second lowest and Man United who have hit the least.

Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal are also all down at the bottom of the long ball table. 

Hitting the long ball is why Liverpool are so far ahead of the rest of England’s leading clubs.

The team with the most long balls is Sheffield United who started the season as favourites to go back down and are now in the hunt for Europe.

You clueless imbecile 

No they haven't. 

You are a moron. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

He has a point though. Sheffield United top the stats for long balls and are the equivalent of Livingston in Scotland. Punching well above their weight.

Next season Sheffield United could be in the Champions league. 

There's usually a team that breaks the pattern, like Leicester did.

Doesn't happen very often so his point is irrelevant, a bit like Ricky. :wink: