Livingston v St Mirren, Wed 12th Feb

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

He has a point though. Sheffield United top the stats for long balls and are the equivalent of Livingston in Scotland. Punching well above their weight.

Next season Sheffield United could be in the Champions league. 

PS Stoke, remember them, were famous for this tactic.

I see it's done them well. :wink:

Hamilton could potentially have taken something against a horribly out of form Aberdeen. Brilliant that the Don's have found their shooting boots. 

Makes tomorrow even bigger for us now. We could make up for last Wednesday's disappointing result by pulling 6 clear of Accies which at this stage is a massive gap to open up. 

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

So no nightshift for me tomorrow but can't justify money for 3 away games in 6 days so giving this one a miss but going to the other 2.

So what are my options for watching online St Mirren TV??? Livingston TV??? Somewhere else???

St Mirren TV, as shite as it is, is thankfully only for home games, hence the name.

There could be coverage on hesgoals, try that.

Me, Livingston TV......................if there is such a thing. 

Hamilton could potentially have taken something against a horribly out of form Aberdeen. Brilliant that the Don's have found their shooting boots. 
Makes tomorrow even bigger for us now. We could make up for last Wednesday's disappointing result by pulling 6 clear of Accies which at this stage is a massive gap to open up. 
6 points is indeed a massive gap I said on an earlier post on another thread about what happened last season.

Hamilton defeated Hearts in February midweek (their 7th win) to go 6&7 points ahead of us and Dundee(both 4 wins each at the time) we both failed to make that points difference up.

That is why I think County are safe from 12th this season as Hamilton and Hearts both cannot catch them due to points difference already.

It's a 3 way battle to avoid 12th but a 4 way battle to avoid 11th imo.

Accies have serious issues at centre-half now. Easton / Woods started tonight: Easton stretchered off with a bad injury and Woods hooked at HT after a poor showing. The Accies' fans reckon he's a poor replacement for Sam Stubbs.

50 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Accies have serious issues at centre-half now. Easton / Woods started tonight: Easton stretchered off with a bad injury and Woods hooked at HT after a poor showing. The Accies' fans reckon he's a poor replacement for Sam Stubbs.

Easton has a suspected dislocated shoulder. So he'll be out for several weeks.

Also, didn't realise Hearts at Parkhead tomorrow night and Accies away to Tynecastle on Saturday means something's got to give there.

If ever there was a time for our team to show up and pull a rabbit out the hat, it's the next 4 days.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Easton has a suspected dislocated shoulder. So he'll be out for several weeks.

Also, didn't realise Hearts at Parkhead tomorrow night and Accies away to Tynecastle on Saturday means something's got to give there.

If ever there was a time for our team to show up and pull a rabbit out the hat, it's the next 4 days.

Let's be really greedy and say the next 10 days!!!!!! 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just been looking up Livi’s recent form and didn’t realise how well they’ve actually being doing.

5th in the league. 6 straight home wins (5 of those are league, 1 was cup against Raith). Only Aberdeen and Sevco have managed to defeat Livi at Le Tony Macaroni this season.

Respect where it’s due, if we come away with a point that’s not a bad result considering how good Livi how actually been this season at home.

11 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Just been looking up Livi’s recent form and didn’t realise how well they’ve actually being doing.

5th in the league. 6 straight home wins (5 of those are league, 1 was cup against Raith). Only Aberdeen and Sevco have managed to defeat Livi at Le Tony Macaroni this season.

Respect where it’s due, if we come away with a point that’s not a bad result considering how good Livi how actually been this season at home.

True. But Statistics don't kick a ball. 

COYS.. Already looking forward to being there. 

4 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

Northbank boycotting the game over ticket prices. Good one to miss I’d say. But hopefully doesn’t affect the team’s performance.

Sorry to see this but there have been and will be a lot of games recently. A principled stand as they see it which will no doubt bring publicity to their cause. Best of luck and COYS

Sorry to see this but there have been and will be a lot of games recently. A principled stand as they see it which will no doubt bring publicity to their cause. Best of luck and COYS
A principled stand?

They are not going as the group.

Ask them if any are still going as individuals!

It was always going to be a shite crowd tonight anyway.

If going to make a protest... Do it when it really makes a noticeable difference.

11 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Image result for george ancient aliens

Ironic reply when you consider that Martindale carries out the very role that you mistakenly believe that Gus carries out at St Mirren 😃

He appoints the manager to whom he is “assistant”. He signs a squad of players with no manager in place. He’s on the touch line barking instructions and making substitutions, even in the dying minutes of promotion play offs whilst the manager nips up the tunnel for a pee 😂😂

Edited by Hiram Abiff

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Ye Two Faced Cnut  :lol:

34 minutes ago, shull said:

Ye Two Faced Cnut  :lol:

Not me sir. 

They bring noise and colour. 

I'll miss them. 

Personally, I think £25 is about right when you compare the cost of a ticket in 1970 (50 years ago) and now, as well as the average hourly pay then and now. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Not me sir. 

They bring noise and colour. 

I'll miss them. 

Personally, I think £25 is about right when you compare the cost of a ticket in 1970 (50 years ago) and now, as well as the average hourly pay then and now. 

£25 is expensive,  especially when we are playing Saturday/midweek for most of February.  I'm missing tonight's game as I'll be at the 2 Motherwell away games. I can't afford the time off work so I've had prioritise my games this month.

51 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

A principled stand?

They are not going as the group.

Ask them if any are still going as individuals!

It was always going to be a shite crowd tonight anyway.

If going to make a protest... Do it when it really makes a noticeable difference.

Looking at the Hamilton v Aberdeen crowd last night, I think you are right that the crowd will be poor. 

Just said that in a comparison basis that I think there is an argument that £25 is about the right figure, not £20.

I'm still daft enough to go along despite the projected cold weather and price. 

I see how you are interpreting the group statement re non attendance and hey, you could be right. 

I might have preferred it that they took this stance at Ibrox or Celtic Park but, they seem to take the right to protest setously