Livingston v St Mirren, Wed 12th Feb

faraway saint

16 minutes ago, HSS said:

Seriously? 🤔

Yes.. Seriously. 

I looked up the cost of a ticket in 1970 and looked at the Average hourly wage then. 

I looked up the Average hourly wage now and compared it to a ticket price of £20 and then £25 for a ticket. 

The nearest similarity was to £25.

I used a 40 hour average week in 1970 and an average week of 35 hours in 2020.

But...i share the view that Munoz has put forward that there are, just now, too many games in too short a period. Finding the time and the money to attend them all is equally challenging. 

Would I be happy to pay less? If course I would. Might it impact on the team we can field.. Possibly. 

17 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Think Hamilton will get at least a point from an Aberdeen team who can't score. Puts pressure on us if they do.

Thankfully I was wrong. massive opportunity to put breathing space between us and the bottom two tonight now however it's not really in our DNA to seize chances like this so I think we know what to expect although I would love to be wrong again.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Thankfully I was wrong. massive opportunity to put breathing space between us and the bottom two tonight now however it's not really in our DNA to seize chances like this so I think we know what to expect although I would love to be wrong again.

Hears hoping. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Wages = Ability to Pay

As usual there's little or no substance to your simple minded witterings so allow me to correct your arithmetic.

Wages minus outgoings = Ability to Pay

Ability to Pay minus other options which have risen with inflation rather than wages = Willingness to Pay.

If your business model is predicated on Ability to pay rather than Willingness to pay, you are, in the words of Maynard Keynes "fooked".

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

As usual there's little or no substance to your simple minded witterings so allow me to correct your arithmetic.

Wages minus outgoings = Ability to Pay

Ability to Pay minus other options which have risen with inflation rather than wages = Willingness to Pay.

If your business model is predicated on Ability to pay rather than Willingness to pay, you are, in the words of Maynard Keynes "fooked".

Oh dear Oaky. 

I expected any normal person to absorb that. Obviously I was wrong. I forgot about your sequential thought process. 

Clearly in 1970 there were other living costs, just as there is now.

Some things were more expensive... Mortgages for example, others were not. 

The real debate is about discretionary spending. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Oh dear Oaky. 

I expected any normal person to absorb that. Obviously I was wrong. I forgot about your sequential thought process. 

Clearly in 1970 there were other living costs, just as there is now.

Some things were more expensive... Mortgages for example, others were not. 

The real debate is about discretionary spending. 

Which is exactly what I said when I corrected your initial over simplified post.

No idea why you felt the need to witter on for 5 sentences when you really could have said "Yes, Oaky you are correct as usual".

Just now, Hiram Abiff said:

Mortgage interest rates might have been higher but as house prices were considerably lower, in real terms, then mortgages weren’t more expensive at all 

UK average house price in 1970 was £4,970.00 and in 2019 the average was £233,000.00..... as you say mortgage interest rates have come down

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

UK average house price in 1970 was £4,970.00 and in 2019 the average was £233,000.00..... as you say mortgage interest rates have come down

What matters is the ratio of incomes to prices. That drives affordability  in 1970 the most common multiple of income in obtaining a mortgage was around 2 5 times the main income with 1 times the second income. By the time of the Crash this ratio had moved to 5 times income with the partner included for some lenders. This ratio has been scaled back since then and rates are very much lower. Saving the deposit was a problem in 1970 and remains a problem for many. Hence the products making a return to the market where a guarantor Gets involved or the Bank of Mum and Dad gets involved. 

If we get another 3 points before Hamilton get anymore points I would say we are pretty safe from 12th.

As couldn't see them overturning what is really a 7 point gap.

Good to see Wallace fit enough for the bench. Makes you wonder what Chabbi has been up to since he last was "fit".

Anyway positive line up and a bench full of attackers. Huge 3 points if we can collect them!

2 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Good to see Wallace fit enough for the bench. Makes you wonder what Chabbi has been up to since he last was "fit".

Anyway positive line up and a bench full of attackers. Huge 3 points if we can collect them!

Wallace has been keeping relatively fit with ourselves and Dundee offering him facilities, he's not up to speed but needs must with cover required in a number of positions. 

Chabbi on the other hand isn't fit either but we currently have 5 bodies who can play in his position, so it's not as pressing to get him in there until he is ready. 

Think the plan was always to be pushing for him to maybe make the bench this Saturday, everything else was always going to come too early. My old man noted him out jogging on Saturday morning as he drove past the cricket club and guessed it meant he was still a bit away and Goodwin confirmed he was another week or so off from being where he has to be in his post match interview on Saturday.

The 45 mins yesterday for reserves was also planned, regardless of performance... it wasn't a case of hooking him after 45 because he wasn't up to it. 

Wallace has been keeping relatively fit with ourselves and Dundee offering him facilities, he's not up to speed but needs must with cover required in a number of positions. 
Chabbi on the other hand isn't fit either but we currently have 5 bodies who can play in his position, so it's not as pressing to get him in there until he is ready. 
Think the plan was always to be pushing for him to maybe make the bench this Saturday, everything else was always going to come too early. My old man noted him out jogging on Saturday morning as he drove past the cricket club and guessed it meant he was still a bit away and Goodwin confirmed he was another week or so off from being where he has to be in his post match interview on Saturday.
The 45 mins yesterday for reserves was also planned, regardless of performance... it wasn't a case of hooking him after 45 because he wasn't up to it. 
I get all that and clearly Goody isn't rushing him in especially with our forward options. And if he comes up trumps and fires us to safety when he finally hits the park then it's a masterstroke.

However I do wonder why he is just so unfit. I'm nearly 45, play 5's once a week, and could easily manage 10 mins at the end of a match vs tired opponents!