Livingston v St Mirren, Wed 12th Feb

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, scam75 said:

I get all that and clearly Goody isn't rushing him in especially with our forward options. And if he comes up trumps and fires us to safety when he finally hits the park then it's a masterstroke.

However I do wonder why he is just so unfit. I'm nearly 45, play 5's once a week, and could easily manage 10 mins at the end of a match vs tired opponents!

True, but then you'd have to nudge one of Mullen or Cooke outwards and both are currently significantly fitter.

Think if Danny's move to Dundee hadn't fallen through on deadline day, Chabbi would be getting aΒ spot on the bench.

3 minutes ago, scam75 said:

I get all that and clearly Goody isn't rushing him in especially with our forward options. And if he comes up trumps and fires us to safety when he finally hits the park then it's a masterstroke.

However I do wonder why he is just so unfit. I'm nearly 45, play 5's once a week, and could easily manage 1Β minΒ at the end of a match vs very very tired opponents!

You could be handy.Β :wink:

True, but then you'd have to nudge one of Mullen or Cooke outwards and both are currently significantly fitter.
Think if Danny's move to Dundee hadn't fallen through on deadline day, Chabbi would be getting aΒ spot on the bench.
Yes all fair enough. It's just frustrating when we see a johnny foreigner youtube superstar sign for us on a short term deal, and not to even make the bench first 3 games.

That said, hoping he's been managed correctly and makes a big impact when he finally dons the stripes!

4 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Yes all fair enough. It's just frustrating when we see a johnny foreigner youtube superstar sign for us on a short term deal, and not to even make the bench first 3 games.

That said, hoping he's been managed correctly and makes a big impact when he finally dons the stripes!

Indeed, missing 3 games from only a potential 16 is quite a chunk.Β 

Maybe you could make a You Tube compilation?Β 

12 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Ironic reply when you consider that Martindale carries out the very role that you mistakenly believe that Gus carries out at St Mirren πŸ˜ƒ

He appoints the manager to whom he is β€œassistant”. He signs a squad of players with no manager in place. He’s on the touch line barking instructions and making substitutions, even in the dying minutes of promotion play offs whilst the manager nips upΒ the tunnel for a pee πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

I don't really care what role GM carries out for Saints now butΒ it certainly isn't what was described at the time of his appointment.πŸ˜ƒΒ Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't really care what role GM carries out for Saints now butΒ it certainly isn't what was described at the time of his appointment.πŸ˜ƒΒ Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The voices in your head describing the role to you isn’t really something GM’s success or otherwise can really judged on though...... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

Edited by Hiram Abiff