Livingston v St Mirren, Wed 12th Feb

faraway saint

6 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Why mention the Old Firm it's Livi we are talking about.

Remember Livi have beaten Sellic this season

Livi get better value for their money that'sfor all to see

Aye, Livingston clearly get better value for money. They're doing something right, and it would be good if we could emulate whatever that is.

On another note, it must be very depressing for Livingston as a club that despite their success, nobody's interested in watching them. Like Clyde and, to a lesser extent, Inverness CT, these newly established clubs just cannot galvanise the interest of locals. 

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

OBVIOUSLY resources are a major factor.

When you get away from the top 2 then it's down to good scouting and a manager that can get the best out of "average" players. 

I think you are missing the point, if a club’s biggest source of income is gate receipts then why are Livingston outperforming St Mirren this season and last season? Is it down to the manager or better scouting and selection of players? 

Have a guess. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Goals just on Sky Sports shocking defending for 2nd goal especially. our 2 centre halves only outfield players in our half and both on right side of pitch allowing Dykes to run in on goal from half way line.

First one Mccarthy does put his arms on him inside the box maybe soft but still a penalty.

Guest TPAFKATS
Goals just on Sky Sports shocking defending for 2nd goal especially. our 2 centre halves only outfield players in our half and both on right side of pitch allowing Dykes to run in on goal from half way line.

First one Mccarthy does put his arms on him inside the box maybe soft but still a penalty.
Karma for Aberdeen challenge where pen wasn't given?

Guest TPAFKATS
I disagree County are quite safe from 12th as like I said all 3 teams below them can't win all 3 would probably have to win more games in 12 than they have managed in 26 to all overtake County.

The next 2 matches bottom 3 are guaranteed to drop points who and how many who knows??? but that means County's position is even stronger no matter what their matches finish.

County might finish 11th but even that is doubtful right now.
Was it Dundee who in early years of the split, were around 12 points clear going into the split and finished bottom?

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
41 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
I disagree County are quite safe from 12th as like I said all 3 teams below them can't win all 3 would probably have to win more games in 12 than they have managed in 26 to all overtake County.

The next 2 matches bottom 3 are guaranteed to drop points who and how many who knows??? but that means County's position is even stronger no matter what their matches finish.

Was it Dundee who in early years of the split, were around 12 points clear going into the split and finished bottom?

Jeezo, that takes some doing.

Must have lost all 5 games and other teams had an amazing upturn? 

Not sure I know we were 11th and Hibs were 7th going into split the season Hamilton beat Hibs in play off.

Hibs lost all 5 I'm sure to finish 11th.

My opinion on County bring safe from 12th and nearly safe from 11th is even if they don't win any games anytime soon the bottom 3 are so bad we won't make up much of the points.

Hamilton had exactly same points difference(as County do over Hamilton and Hearts) over us and Dundee this time last year as it was neither of us could catch those points up despite us being unbeaten in last 10 matches.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
47 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Not sure about points, but a few seasons ago Hibs were comfortably top of the bottom 6 at the split and lost every game after the split. 
Might have been the season they ended up losing the play off to Hamilton. 

30 minutes ago, W6er said:

Aye, Livingston clearly get better value for money. They're doing something right, and it would be good if we could emulate whatever that is.

On another note, it must be very depressing for Livingston as a club that despite their success, nobody's interested in watching them. Like Clyde and, to a lesser extent, Inverness CT, these newly established clubs just cannot galvanise the interest of locals. 

Very small crowd of around 1,250 there tonight. That too, despite an excellent home record. Decent and noisy Saint Mirren support, if a little smaller than usual. 

What do they do.. Very organised, work hard for each other on and off the ball. Keep things simple. Decent players with two or three better than decent at this level. 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I disagree. 10th is decent by our standards 😂

Still in contention for 9th which isn’t far off our best finish (8th) this millennium. Can’t really see what we’d gain by ousting Goody.

We're still in contention for finishing bottom too if you want to look it at that way. No wins in 5 or 6. Everything ain't as rosy as is being made out in some quarters.

I don't think we should bag him either. Just my belief that we ARE underperforming in a few areas when you compare with other squads in the league. Also my belief that he is being given some slack due to his history 

ETA - Had a chuckle at your opening statement. That shows our standards as a club in the last 15 years rather than some sort of benchmark. Even more bonkers when you consider we sacked the man who delivered those 'high' finishes

Edited by W6Saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Jeezo, that takes some doing.
Must have lost all 5 games and other teams had an amazing upturn? 
Not sure about the 12 points, but it might have been 04/05, 3 defeats then 2 draws from 5 games post split.

Absolutely shite tonight. 2nd goal was criminal. You could drive the 4 supporters coaches straight up the middle. f**k knows were our central defenders were. Ref again was a joke. If that's a pen it's time to wind football up. Wouldn't even be a pen in a kids game.

As for Goody. His whole starting point. Let every team come on to us. Our hump aimless high up Obika who cant control a ball. My 11 year old grand daughter could knock him off the ball. Then were chasing the game and he takes our best player off Jukabiak. I dont really want to have a go at Goody but hes has to change our style. Aimless high balls are not working for us. If it was any other manager the knives would be out.

Very disappointing tonight. Too easily bullied off the ball. Unable to make simple passes and too slow in thought. Bad decision making all night especially up front and just far too many high balls that came straight back to us. Since we couldn't win a header up top we should have been playing to feet. Felt we were niaeve. And my big bugbear - taking short free kicks sideways when no-one is expecting it and missing out in getting the ball in the box. I would fine every player that done that.

Very disappointing tonight. Too easily bullied off the ball. Unable to make simple passes and too slow in thought. Bad decision making all night especially up front and just far too many high balls that came straight back to us. Since we couldn't win a header up top we should have been playing to feet. Felt we were niaeve. And my big bugbear - taking short free kicks sideways when no-one is expecting it and missing out in getting the ball in the box. I would fine every player that done that.

The short free kicks will be Goodwin’s instructions

He’s clueless

7 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolutely shite tonight. 2nd goal was criminal. You could drive the 4 supporters coaches straight up the middle. f**k knows were our central defenders were. Ref again was a joke. If that's a pen it's time to wind football up. Wouldn't even be a pen in a kids game.

As for Goody. His whole starting point. Let every team come on to us. Our hump aimless high up Obika who cant control a ball. My 11 year old grand daughter could knock him off the ball. Then were chasing the game and he takes our best player off Jukabiak. I dont really want to have a go at Goody but hes has to change our style. Aimless high balls are not working for us. If it was any other manager the knives would be out.

1 minute ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Or playing long ball football

You are clueless.:lol:

9 hours ago, W6er said:

Clyde are a year younger than St. Mirren. Not sure when you get that they are newly established from. 

Clyde have suffered from the fact that they left their home in Rutherglen and became a wandering nomad who would groundshare out of town for years before ending up in Cumbernauld, nowhere near their original home or fanbase. 

Similar with Accies, when they left Hamilton they groundshared in several places and by time they returned to Hamilton, most of the local fanbase had gone elsewhere. They've never had massive crowds but were certainly bigger than the 1000 they struggle to muster up now, they've just never recaptured it. 

It would have been like our new ground hitting a snag, falling through and having to end up building a new ground somewhere like East Kilbride. Our fan base would be decimated. 

Edited by djchapsticks