Livingston v St Mirren, Wed 12th Feb

faraway saint

I feel the question of budget is used as an excuse far too often in my opinion Livi’s recruitment has been far superior to us for a while now no question Livi can’t pay huge salaries their season ticket sales are around 800 but they seem to get right good hungry players in the door like the boy Dykes from Queens surely we should have been for this player and the guy Lawless from Partick add the boy Pittman signed from Broxburn

Thing is . We who were at Easter Road came back from the game in high spirits cos the team played so well. They passed it on the ground instead of humping high aimless balls to a number 9 who has no ball control. But since that game we have been rotten. Theres no other way to say it. People kidding themselves if they think were not in trouble this season. Time for Goody to trust his squad and let them play passing football.

I feel the question of budget is used as an excuse far too often in my opinion Livi’s recruitment has been far superior to us for a while now no question Livi can’t pay huge salaries their season ticket sales are around 800 but they seem to get right good hungry players in the door like the boy Dykes from Queens surely we should have been for this player and the guy Lawless from Partick add the boy Pittman signed from Broxburn
No problem we've got Gus McPherson [emoji849][emoji849]

Guest TPAFKATS

Absolute nonsense. You’re really gunning for Waters at the moment, eh?
Watch the second goal back. Famewo (our left CB) is almost standing in front on McCarthy leaving a huge gap, and it’s left McCarthy scrambling over from the right to cover. They should at least be in a line with where McCarthy was, so Famewo is the one at fault.
We’ve badly gifted possession away in the middle of the park, so there are three or four others to point the finger at before you look at Waters.

We shouldn't need 3 players to deal with one striker anyway

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Aldo makes reasonable points. 

It was a case of two men against one and should have been dealt with by the two central defenders working together. It wasn't. 

Cammy had, overall, a bad day at the office compared to his play of late. Junior worked his socks off as did Foley but Livvy seemed to me, particularly in the first half, to win more second balls and pick up runners more effectively than we did. 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, aldo_j said:

Absolute nonsense. You’re really gunning for Waters at the moment, eh?

Watch the second goal back. Famewo (our left CB) is almost standing in front on McCarthy leaving a huge gap, and it’s left McCarthy scrambling over from the right to cover. They should at least be in a line with where McCarthy was, so Famewo is the one at fault.

We’ve badly gifted possession away in the middle of the park, so there are three or four others to point the finger at before you look at Waters.

Maybe I was being economical with the truth - ha ha remember that one . . . .

Yes Famewo is the most culpable, then McCarthy - but FB's are supposed to be there as part of the unit, just are Cb's in supporting FB's - The defence are a defensive team - but they were not in our last game at either of the goals we lost.

But I do think that Waters is the worst LB in the league - my opinion and based on many of the goals we have lost this season . . .  go through them and you will see...

On 2/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:

Yes and Guthrie - who would have thought that they would not only cope so well but thrive after losing Halkett and Gallagher from central defence in the same window.

Not only does he defend well, but he gets them goals too - more than any of our squad, except for Obika  . . .

On 2/13/2020 at 11:34 PM, TPAFKATS said:

You are right, but sometimes teams do need to defend in numbers AND as a unit.

No doubt losing McLoughlin was a big blow for us . . . but the young lads have done well in most matches. Hopefully it will fire them up to be more consistent and less naïve in the future... if not other teams will exploit it...

25 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Maybe I was being economical with the truth - ha ha remember that one . . . .

Yes Famewo is the most culpable, then McCarthy - but FB's are supposed to be there as part of the unit, just are Cb's in supporting FB's - The defence are a defensive team - but they were not in our last game at either of the goals we lost.

But I do think that Waters is the worst LB in the league - my opinion and based on many of the goals we have lost this season . . .  go through them and you will see...

Nah, just plain old talking shite 😘