St Mirren v Hearts Friday 21 Feb

St.Ricky

The only tackles we seem to make now are when we no chance to win the ball in the box what is it 4??? penalties conceded in 4 weeks.

Put a wee tackle in every now and then would be good bud,get the sleeves rolled up and show some fight,desire,passion: is that to much to ask?

What's nearly as bad as the rhetoric Goodwin is delivering every week is the people seemingly buying into it without any question. I can handle defeat, certainly at Celtic Park - but i'm struggling to remain unconcerned by the subs and interviews.

I found it quite ironic we had Tony Fitzpatrick on the field last Wednesday proclaiming once again we should be a top 4 side, meanwhile the manager sets us up to not lose every week. I really hope we buck the trend on Wednesday night :toilet

11 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

What's nearly as bad as the rhetoric Goodwin is delivering every week is the people seemingly buying into it without any question. I can handle defeat, certainly at Celtic Park - but i'm struggling to remain unconcerned by the subs and interviews.

I found it quite ironic we had Tony Fitzpatrick on the field last Wednesday proclaiming once again we should be a top 4 side, meanwhile the manager sets us up to not lose every week. I really hope we buck the trend on Wednesday night :toilet

Don't lose Faith W6.  A win, draw, win in our next three games would help greatly. Not easy, but possible. 

35 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
You are a bit slow on the uptake. This was the point on not "having a go" at Parkhead. Jings. Wake up. 

Yeah that "not having a go" approach served us so well on Saturday...

Saturday is an irrelevance and always was going to be. Jings, Jim even rested  some players. COYS

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Saturday is an irrelevance and always was going to be. Jings, Jim even rested  some players. COYS

If I had even paid only 50 pence on Saturday for the Club to treat it as an irrelevance, I would be heavy duty fuming at Goodwin and the players. 

I'm a realist. I know from long experience that we (in common with most clubs) seldom win or even draw at this venue. Only 1 team has won there in 16 games this season and that was not lost to a smaller club. Jim has more important games coming up, starting with this one. Value for money at Celtic Park? I doubt it from our point of view. I didn't go for the first time for a long time. 

I'm a realist. I know from long experience that we (in common with most clubs) seldom win or even draw at this venue. Only 1 team has won there in 16 games this season and that was not lost to a smaller club. Jim has more important games coming up, starting with this one. Value for money at Celtic Park? I doubt it from our point of view. I didn't go for the first time for a long time. 
So how do you realise Tony F and the board's ambition to be Top Four, if you write off EIGHT games a season before a ball is kicked?

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

So how do you realise Tony F and the board's ambition to be Top Fourteen, if you write off EIGHT games a season before a ball is kicked?

LPM, TF is a likeable fool, a bit like Jim Leishman without the poetry and the daft Fife accent, anyway FIFY which is far more realistic

35 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

So how do you realise Tony F and the board's ambition to be Top Four, if you write off EIGHT games a season before a ball is kicked?

Most teams "write off" the points away from home from the big two. Doesn't mean they don't get any, just very few. Just look at the Home and Away Tables for this season. We are effectively competing for 2 places.. Currently occupied by Aberdeen and Motherwell. Hibs and Hearts would normally be in there competing. Completion is good, not something to be afraid of but also wise to be realistic. For me, I'd say we could be a top 6 side with occasional forays into the top 4 or 7 or 8 position. 

Our best performance of the season and nothing less is required on Wednesday night. 

Hearts have almost as bad an away record as ourselves, so we really need to find a way to get the win. 

2-1 Saints. 

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

Our best performance of the season and nothing less is required on Wednesday night. 

Hearts have almost as bad an away record as ourselves, so we really need to find a way to get the win. 

2-1 Saints. 

Hearts boss talking about it being "a must not lose" game for them. They'll still come out all guns blazing. It's his Kevin Jeegan approach.. If you score three, we'll score four type of thing.