St Mirren v Hearts Friday 21 Feb

St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I just hope we win tomorrow night, the thought of elvis gloating or some of the morons on the St Mirren Facebook page wanting Goody and / or Obika to be put in stocks in the High Street is too much to bear.

I don't know why you give that lot the time of day.

This places is bad enough but the Facebook crew are something else. 

Makes this place look like we have some candidates for University Challenge. :wink:

On 3/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, turrabuddie said:

Interesting comments, don’t think they’ll start in a defensive formation. I don’t think he does defensive.

Hopefully we can keep our discipline at the back and our midfielders track the runners.

Big crowd under the lights - hope we don’t crack under the pressure.

Shocker, I think Hearts are under the greatest pressure. A good start by us and wee goal in front. Then they go down to 10 men and we will win by ~TWO goals !  :ninja

Edited by Sweeper07

Time to freshen things up . A midfield of Wallace , Foley , McPherson and McAllister with Chabbi and Obika up front . And McGrath , Durmus and the guy on loan from Watford who,s name I always spell wrong coming off the  bench as the game progresses .

I haven’t seen Chabbi yet, is he worth a start partnering Obika, ahead of Jakubiak ?

Would like to see us start with two wide men as I think Hearts wouldn’t cope well against threats on both flanks, but that would be tough on MacPherson or Wallace. And I don’t see our manager wanting to start with such an attacking formation.

Looking forward to the match though.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Makes this place look like we have some candidates for University Challenge. :wink:

Representing Paisley, scumbag college, reading contemporary views on a St Mirren forum. 

19CF41E6-86B4-4108-800E-92BE1B82BE33.jpeg

Pressure from who? 
Suppose for the hysterical this will make sense. :rolleyes:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51789141
The death rate in Italy rocketing, and the infection count here doing the same. Govt under pressure to save the lives of the vulnerable.
They cant keep writing off anyone with an underlying condition in favour of making a couple of quid!

47 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I just hope we win tomorrow night, the thought of elvis gloating or some of the morons on the St Mirren Facebook page wanting Goody and / or Obika to be put in stocks in the High Street is too much to bear.

According to your logic that would be racism

I'm also on the Facebook page & imo it has quite alot of happy clappers on there that also think everything is great because we have more points than last season, ignoring the fact we are below Hamilton and Ross County.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Shocker, I think Hearts are under the greatest pressure. A good start by us and wee goal in front. Then they go down to 10 men and we will win by ~TWO goals !  :ninja

I like your thinking Sweeper. 

Let's hope it goes that way. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Govt under pressure to save the lives of the vulnerable.

I don't think this Govt are particularly interested in the vulnerable. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they created the virus to sort out the increasing aging population in this country.

I don't think this Govt are particularly interested in the vulnerable. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they created the virus to sort out the increasing aging population in this country.

You could be right. Except it started in China. Where Huawei are. Who do 5G. Which apparently you can transmit Covid-19 over. And Boris allowed them into the UK. By goodness you are right. Apparently the Titanic was really the Olympic as well now I think back....

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

I haven’t seen Chabbi yet, is he worth a start partnering Obika, ahead of Jakubiak ?

Would like to see us start with two wide men as I think Hearts wouldn’t cope well against threats on both flanks, but that would be tough on MacPherson or Wallace. And I don’t see our manager wanting to start with such an attacking formation.

Looking forward to the match though.

None of have seen more than a few minutes of Chabbi. Jab on the other hand has added value.  Anyone's guess right now on how we line up. 

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Not the government, but I thought the same though would attribute it to the shadow global government. A wee population cull. 

Going to do the last dot count soon, before I go to bed.

10 March @ 23:45

Main Stand: M1 N/A, M2 5, M3 8, M4 4, M5 1, DIR, M6 1, M7 46, M8 11, M9 11 = 87

South Stand: S1 17, S2 32, S3 80, S4 54, S5 61 = 244

West Stand: W1 34, W2 59, W3 19, W4 10, W5 21, W6 8, W7 12 = 163

Total available tickets = 494

Capacity of the three home stands = 6,283

6,283 – 616 = 5,789 tickets sold in the home end. Plus the away support (presumably 1,654) = 7,443.

[* Main Stand: 191; West Stand: 196; South/North Stands: 125 x 2 = 250 = 637] 7,443 – 637 = 6,806

I think we might, just, scrape 7,000+ tomorrow. But my prediction is 6,987.