St Mirren v Hearts Friday 21 Feb

St.Ricky

Jakubiak has proved to be a great signing. Very strong on the ball and has a great turn of pace. Set up MacPherson and was denied a goal by Zlamal's fingertips. As others have mentioned, just needs a bit more awareness in the final ball area. A real team player. Thought McGrath had a good game too.

16 hours ago, Ice-tears said:

Stupid statement as he has to wait, if he cannot wait what is he going to do? It will be usual negative borefest from shitebag Goodwin...

Imagine hating your team this much, what a bitter individual. 😂

Like most other fans, still buzzing from last night. What a position we’ve put ourselves in for a very strong finish to the season. 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Imagine hating your team this much, what a bitter individual. 😂

Like most other fans, still buzzing from last night. What a position we’ve put ourselves in for a very strong finish to the season. 

Can we catch Celtic ? 

Annoyed that I missed the game last night. had made arrangements to be at the original game in February before it was rained off. Couldn't postpone a family commitment last night so had to make do with recording the Alba coverage, which I've just watched. Sorry if the following comments have already been made, but haven't had time to look back  through the thread.

Not a great match, but that wasn't to be expected given what was at stake. What counted was not silky soccer, but grit and heart (no pun intended). Buddies ahead in these qualities by a long way. Foley, Obika, Jakubiak, Durmus and MacPherson (before the last two had to go off) all in great form. Was excellent to see both Obika and Jakubiak back in our penalty area helping the defence out at times. Still not sure why Goodwin persists with Andreu as his go-to substitute, but he did run about  a bit and made a nuisance of himself when he came on. I don't speak Gaelic, but I gathered from the caption that TV made Obika Man of the Match. It could have gone to a number of our players. My preference would have been either Foley or Wallace. The latter was just the guy for last night, a good pro who looked like he had bags of experience of scrapping through games like this.

As good as we were, I thought Hearts had very little to offer. Let's hope that continues. They play RC and Accies in the next few games, so they still have chances to come back.

Anyway, COYS!!

And breathe....
Wow what a night? It will never go down as a classic, but the job got done on Hearts.
A typical nervy six pointer relegation slug fest.
Kudos to Goody and the team for denying Hearts any momentum. They made them look like a knackered, ragged bunch.
Big concern on the three injuries, McPherson and McArthy look like 4-6 week recovery, Durmus looked to be playing with a Groin strain, hopefully they can settle that down.
Yet again we will be looking to Big Mac, to roll back the years, hitch the shorts up, and dominate in his position.
With Cammy likely out for the foreseeable, then S. MCginn may have the chance of a swan song...
No doubting his commitment, but can he come straight in and handle the pace and intensity?
Take all the busses to Killie and park them on the pitch. To not lose would be a cracking result!

31 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
11 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Quick reminder, it's on Alba now and still 0-0. :thumbs2

No alba in Englandshire unfortunately

Is Alba not available through Virgin or Sky?

Everybuddie was stuck in queue to fumigate themselves...........

A00F8CB9-65E2-4C6F-873F-EBAE8D1EB54A.thumb.jpeg.80b911b9dc0bc09b5b5fce55b0bf73b4.jpeg
Up close and personal laughing, joking and all using un-sanitised hands to handle the equipment, one after the other.
Feck me it would have been infinitely safer to just let people walk through and keep their hands on their pockets.
Everyone knows the stats about the bowls of nuts/crisps on a bar, and the level of cross contamination? Right..

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Up close and personal laughing, joking and all using un-sanitised hands to handle the equipment, one after the other.
Feck me it would have been infinitely safer to just let people walk through and keep their hands on their pockets.
Everyone knows the stats about the bowls of nuts/crisps on a bar, and the level of cross contamination? Right..

Did you use it?