St Mirren v Hearts Friday 21 Feb

St.Ricky

Private message from my Jambo mate with maroon specs on... ...

"You played exactly how I expected you to play,once you went ahead I knew you would be going down at every challenge and would put everyone behind the ball
Sadly we don’t have the players to break teams like you down and livi will do the same on Sunday
We are doomed"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Private message from my Jambo mate with maroon specs on... ...

"You played exactly how I expected you to play,once you went ahead I knew you would be going down at every challenge and would put everyone behind the ball
Sadly we don’t have the players to break teams like you down and livi will do the same on Sunday
We are doomed"

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

They don't have players to break down any teams, Rangers apart. 😉

1 hour ago, munoz said:

That was a funny read.

The Thommo seethe is brilliant.

My personal favourite was when some nugget sad “what has Thompson ever won?” And one of his chums came back saying “the League Cup.....against us” 🤣

Hilarious.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 hours ago, munoz said:

This reminds me of the 2006/07 when we lost 1-0 to Dunfermline at home at a crucial time and we looked doomed.

Then we turned it around and stayed up at the expense of........Dunfermline after heroic wins at Falkirk, Dundee Utd and that game against Motherwell.

I wouldn't be writing Hearts off any time soon, It might require another 3 wins and a draw to be sure of avoiding 11th/12th.

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This reminds me of the 2006/07 when we lost 1-0 to Dunfermline at home at a crucial time and we looked doomed.

Then we turned it around and stayed up at the expense of........Dunfermline after heroic wins at Falkirk, Dundee Utd and that game against Motherwell.

I wouldn't be writing Hearts off any time soon, It might require another 3 wins and a draw to be sure of avoiding 11th/12th.

Football fans of all teams are known for a kneejerk reaction now and again. If we had lost in the same manner last, I reckon it would have been a similar reaction on here from some. 

Definitely not over yet , but that result has given us some breathing space. 

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Made me look at the goal again - the ball did bounce off Obika's arm at the edge of the box you can just about make it out from the behind the goal shot - makes it all the sweeter! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Made me look at the goal again - the ball did bounce off Obika's arm at the edge of the box you can just about make it out from the behind the goal shot - makes it all the sweeter! :lol:

One angle it definitely looks that way, another,  it looks like it comes off the defender. 

I sincerely hope it was Obika's arm. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Talking about this in the car on the way back from the game last night we thought 4 wins would do it. Not far off your suggestion. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Bit harsh people criticising Jakubiak and Andreu IMO.

We're all guilty of frustration at times but I don't think anybody warranted it last night. Seems to be fashionable to pelter some players, before christmas it was Obika and Waters. Now the same people complaining about that at the time are rounding on the likes of Andreu and Morias.

FWIW, I thought Jakubiak was great last night and had been a really good foil for Obika. Andreu came on and gave the pressing we needed as our legs had gone

Bit harsh people criticising Jakubiak and Andreu IMO.
We're all guilty of frustration at times but I don't think anybody warranted it last night. Seems to be fashionable to pelter some players, before christmas it was Obika and Waters. Now the same people complaining about that at the time are rounding on the likes of Andreu and Morias.
FWIW, I thought Jakubiak was great last night and had been a really good foil for Obika. Andreu came on and gave the pressing we needed as our legs had gone
Agree with everything except your assessment of Andreau.

Foley drove us forward.
MacPherson drove us forward.
Andreau doesn't have that in his game.
Young McGrath did more in that respect.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agree with everything except your assessment of Andreau.

Foley drove us forward.
MacPherson drove us forward.
Andreau doesn't have that in his game.
Young McGrath did more in that respect.

Ideally he'd be controlling more games. I don't think our style of play has allowed any of our players to do that this year.

Not the right position or game situation for him last night - forced through injury. With that in mind I think he done the leg work we needed him to, certainly not the worst i've ever seen.

Our top league assister this season. 8 goal contributions in the league, Obika has 9. Not too bad IMO.

I agree about McGrath - he was very effective.

12 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Ideally he'd be controlling more games. I don't think our style of play has allowed any of our players to do that this year.

Not the right position or game situation for him last night - forced through injury. With that in mind I think he done the leg work we needed him to, certainly not the worst i've ever seen.

Our top league assister this season. 8 goal contributions in the league, Obika has 9. Not too bad IMO.

I agree about McGrath - he was very effective.

We are in a relegation struggle and need players to work hard and put in a shift. Andreu doesn't do that.

Cammy and Sam close down players forcing the opposition midfield to play it back the way. They keep the ball as far away from our half as possible. They charge into the opposition to win the ball back. They track back marking a runner. All basic midfield skills which they do well.

Andreu on the other hand sits too deep (on Wed night he played in front of the back four instead of the centre circle) and sits 2 yards off players and doesn't close them down. If someone runs by him he just lets them go by. He rarely tackles. Now some of these major faults in his game could be balanced by exceptional passing and shooting however most shots are weak or over the bar and his good passes are about 1 per 10 games. Andreu isn't even a luxury player who can turn a game. Has he been made a difference even once this season when coming on as a sub?  Someone needs to tell him to get the finger out and start working instead of observing in a game. But I doubt he can do that as there has been no sign of it so far. And I have never ever seen him control a game for us.

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

We are in a relegation struggle and need players to work hard and put in a shift. Andreu doesn't do that.

Cammy and Sam close down players forcing the opposition midfield to play it back the way. They keep the ball as far away from our half as possible. They charge into the opposition to win the ball back. They track back marking a runner. All basic midfield skills which they do well.

Andreu on the other hand sits too deep (on Wed night he played in front of the back four instead of the centre circle) and sits 2 yards off players and doesn't close them down. If someone runs by him he just lets them go by. He rarely tackles. Now some of these major faults in his game could be balanced by exceptional passing and shooting however most shots are weak or over the bar and his good passes are about 1 per 10 games. Andreu isn't even a luxury player who can turn a game. Has he  made a difference even once this season when coming on as a sub?  Someone needs to tell him to get the finger out and start working instead of observing in a game. But I doubt he can do that as there has been no sign of it so far. And I have never ever seen him control a game for us.

Two assists in the 3-3 Livingston game, is all I can remember.

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Apparently a Hearts player is self isolating due to suspected COVID-19.

Saints players need not worry...

No Hearts player got close enough to them to spread the infection!

Cheeky one BEK. 

I like it... Its good to gloat.