St Mirren v Hearts Friday 21 Feb

St.Ricky

Well done to everyone tonight, including the fans but...…….  Is there really no one better than Andreu we can use.

Honestly thought he was our weak link when came on, or am I missing something ?

Again, well done, special mention to our centre backs.

Edited by woiiftm
wrong word

Vital result and a tidy performance until injuries kicked in and we lost the balance to the team and sat back too much. Hearts looked like they could have played all night and not scored. Hope we can increase our lead over Hearts and Accies over the next 3 games - still don't fancy fielding Andreu, Jakubiak in a relegation dogfight!

3 minutes ago, woiiftm said:

Well done to everyone tonight, including the fans but...…….  Is there really no one better than Andreu we can use.

Andreu defends like a lassie and is powderpuff in attack - eg his volley in acres of space on the edge of the box which was finished closer to the corner flag than the target.

Andreu sits far too deep. Stands 2 yards off his man and never tackles. When he came on we lost the midfield.

Special mention for Waters who had an excellent game considering the stick he often gets.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Andreu sits far too deep. Stands 2 yards off his man and never tackles. When he came on we lost the midfield.

Special mention for Waters who had an excellent game considering the stick he often gets.

Unfortunately out for the Killie game. Hope we get some of the boys fit in time.

Mentions required

Hladky - solid, classy, great distribution

Waters - great game tonight

Famewo - solid

Foley - man of the match by a distance

Wallace - great vision for the assist

McGrath - showed why he is so highly rated, far better in the number 10 role

Obika - an absolute enigma. Love him though, plays for the badge and finds the net

Jakubiak - puts in a shift 

The fans - showed Hearts fans how you’re meant to support your team. They were booing every sub- we were getting right behind our team. Great noise all around the ground, made the difference tonight

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Tactically spot on from Goodwin (if a little deep late on).

Football played on the deck, forward at pace - as it should be. Solid no nonsense defending to accompany.

Foley and Famewo were immense at the back. Wallace - class oozing out him in the middle again.

No failures whatsoever in the team, but I think biggest credit goes to Obika, Waters and McGrath - all 3 have had absolute pelters at times - but all 3 really battled well tonight. We be positive and win our individual battles, we win games.

Yes, fair play to mcgrath, much better tonite in a more central role. Hope the injuries aren't too bad as waters is out for sat.

Obika's goal was absolutely brilliantly worked out of an aimless ball. Bullied Halkett and Dikamona and powered his way through, and a well composed finish.

Fantastic result. Very good performance. Well deserved win.

Anything but aimless , just watched it again and Wallace looks up and sees Obika and lifts it over the two cart horse defenders.

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

For a forward he looks disinterested in the possibility of scoring - very slow to make runs into the box and never gambles on getting the break of the ball in the box.

Dibbles. I see some truth in what you say but he is a class player. If I am right I think this may have been his first full 90 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

For a forward he looks disinterested in the possibility of scoring - very slow to make runs into the box and never gambles on getting the break of the ball in the box.

Doesn’t seem to play as a usual forward, has built a bit of a partnership with Obika though. Played his part tonight. One criticism I have is Andreau. Yet to see any evidence that he is good enough (or that he works hard enough)