Coronavirus

faraway saint

Off to Australia at the end of March via Amsterdam & Singapore. Got an email from Singapore Airlines saying that they're cleaning absolutely everything after every flight - fair enough - all reading materials are being removed from seat backs - reasonable - the hot towel service is being replaced by wet wipes - disappointing but that makes sense - and the post take off drinks service is being withdrawn - that's f**k all to do with the virus, ya bassas, you're using it as an excuse to cut costs!

20 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Off to Australia at the end of March via Amsterdam & Singapore. Got an email from Singapore Airlines saying that they're cleaning absolutely everything after every flight - fair enough - all reading materials are being removed from seat backs - reasonable - the hot towel service is being replaced by wet wipes - disappointing but that makes sense - and the post take off drinks service is being withdrawn - that's f**k all to do with the virus, ya bassas, you're using it as an excuse to cut costs!

It's to stop you getting drunk and making an exhibition of yourself. :lol:

24 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Was at a game last week and sneezed quite loudly, one of the players turned round and i presumed laughed at how loud it was. I said to him, I'd been struggling with sneezing since I'd got back from China. That soon wiped the smile off his face. emoji23.png

Football officials eh! 

The truth about covid 19
I'm particularly impressed by the notion that trump is setting up a space force to save America from this [emoji1787]
IMG_20200226_170341.thumb.jpeg.7176946baecf2295b9e663320c62e6e7.jpeg
You have to admire the skill in meshing all those discrete conspiracy theories into one overarching theory. And I agree, the Trump space force is the icing on the cake.

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just heard some numpty was buying tinned food as this is going to cause food shortages.:lol:

For the love of...................santa, it's the fecking flu. 

Why do you keep repeating this nonsense when every medical expert is saying that it isn't? :lol:

This thing has a much higher relative death rate.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

"The sharp downwards trend of new COVID-19 cases has continued in China, where there were 327 new cases and 44 deaths on Thursday"

Based on Chinese Govt stats, though, billy...

I'd still ca' canny....

Wait till a more trustworthy source concurs.

Boris...?  :rolleyes:

I suggest you stock up on tins, tape up the windows and doors and hunker down for a few weeks. Meanwhile in the real world the rest of us will continue about our normal business taking the self same life precautions we always do. The media / social media lead hysteria is off the scale. Imagine if a real plague emerged in the developed world, it would be armageddon stuff. Let's just concentrate on making it to Hampden.

Anyone familiar with six degrees of separation, will think twice before attending an event in close proximity to several thousand people you have no idea who they have been in contact with.

I suggest you stock up on tins, tape up the windows and doors and hunker down for a few weeks. Meanwhile in the real world the rest of us will continue about our normal business taking the self same life precautions we always do. The media / social media lead hysteria is off the scale. Imagine if a real plague emerged in the developed world, it would be armageddon stuff. Let's just concentrate on making it to Hampden.

Mark the day you said this!

The way this virus is spread, how multiple people can be infected by one carrier, the breadth, depth, volume and speed of modern day travel/business/tourism has already seen this virus outstrip any new virus for countries and continents affected so rapidly.

Just watch and listen to what world leaders are doing and saying.

Edit: just for comparison the SARS (a corona virus) counted only 4 people infected in the UK over TWO years..!

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Mark the day you said this!
The way this virus is spread, how multiple people can be infected by one carrier, the breadth, depth, volume and speed of modern day travel/business/tourism has already seen this virus outstrip any new virus for countries and continents affected so rapidly.
Just watch and listen to what world leaders are doing and saying.

You are correct about this but the problem is that being correct in this instance is irrelevant because you cannot control people migrating or gathering in public.

For example, I work from home and to my eternal happiness I rarely venture outside where other people are.

BUT in about 5 minutes I'm about to go for my weekly food shopping.

Not only will the shop be full of unhygenic people (let's not call them scum or vermin :D) but every bit of food has been handled probably multiple times from whatever country it was produced in until it arrives on the shelf swimming in every bug you can imagine. Then I have the cashier handling my food and money, or the plague infested touchscreen for card payments to worry about and the trolley itself of course.

In short, there's little point personally worrying about catching the virus because it's entirely out of your control no matter how much you try to isolate yourself from the rest of the population.

In that sense, Ayrshire Saint and Faraway are both right to an extent - just live your life - maybe just avoid travelling to Wuhan or Iran or Italy for now.

You just hope it dies out before it spreads to the elderly, kids, those on chemotherapy with weakened immune systems for example. That's where we should be concerned and paying attention to proper medical experts rather than Ayrshire or FS.

The bigger worry is that cunts are now gambling on the problem, causing share prices to crash - 14% in a week FFS.

Still as long as the dividends are still good..........

Edited by oaksoft

It's a severe flu virus FFS. I can't believe the level folk are losing their minds at. Influenza kills tens of thousands every year as well. 

Unless you have a weak constitution that causes it to be life threatening, you're going to be floored by it if you catch it and then get over it in a few weeks.

You are correct about this but the problem is that being correct in this instance is irrelevant because you cannot control people migrating or gathering in public.
For example, I work from home and to my eternal happiness I rarely venture outside where other people are.
BUT in about 5 minutes I'm about to go for my weekly food shopping.
Not only will the shop be full of unhygenic people (let's not call them scum or vermin [emoji3]) but every bit of food has been handled probably multiple times from whatever country it was produced in until it arrives on the shelf swimming in every bug you can imagine. Then I have the cashier handling my food and money, or the plague infested touchscreen for card payments to worry about and the trolley itself of course.
In short, there's little point personally worrying about catching the virus because it's entirely out of your control no matter how much you try to isolate yourself from the rest of the population.
In that sense, Ayrshire Saint and Faraway are both right to an extent - just live your life - maybe just avoid travelling to Wuhan or Iran or Italy for now.
You just hope it dies out before it spreads to the elderly, kids, those on chemotherapy with weakened immune systems for example. That's where we should be concerned and paying attention to proper medical experts rather than Ayrshire or FS.
The bigger worry is that cunts are now gambling on the problem, causing share prices to crash - 14% in a week FFS.
Still as long as the dividends are still good..........
It's not the virus that's the problem its people !
We know what the virus can do people on the other hand are much more volatile.
Stock markets crashing, world business slowing down etc... it only takes one minor panic and your shopping trip will be a bear fight!