Coronavirus

faraway saint

54 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

London Book Show cancelled. 

I was going to pop along to a 'special' gig featuring the fabulous Hilary Mantel tonight (at Waterstones) in town.

She's promoting her book (the Mirror and the Light) which is to be published tomorrow.  I have been a Hilary Groupie for several years, now - have been to a few of her gigs.  She's a fabulous writer, I loved the first two parts of the trilogy and have read the opening chapter of the new one - about 1000 pages long.  Reads thrillingly.

I have been saving a Book Token especially for this book, which has been a long time in the coming...

BUT...

Decided against going into the gig - not because of Coronavirus and crowds, not because I have grown jaded by the great woman and her writing...  but because I'm a cheapskate from Paisley.

Tonight, I would have heard her talk a little about the crafting of the book.. (I have heard, seen and read quite a lot about that and from her, in the past month already.)

I would have also got a signed, specially bound (and with added bits) edition of the book plus  a wee drinkie, too!

But that would have cost £28.00

My Book Token is for £20.00

I'll just order it online with my book token and have it posted. 

It's coming...!

Dozens of people who attended a football match last week in Tel Aviv, Israel, have been ordered to self-quarantine, Israeli news website Ynet reports.
A teenager among a crowd of away fans at the game between Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Tel Aviv was infected with coronavirus, Israel's health ministry confirmed on Wednesday.
The teenager is believed to have contracted the virus from the manager of a toy store who had visited Italy and earlier tested positive.
"He is currently in isolation in his room and hasn't been in contact with the rest of the household [since testing positive]," the boy's mother said, adding that her son had a stuffy nose and a cough, but no fever.
The health ministry initially requested that thousands of fans at the match be quarantined, but limited the number following an outcry.

Article share tools

Schools and Unis closed now throughout Italy, I have just seen.  :(

(Just double-checked - considering closing them...)

A big step.

I may not get to Italy in a week or two, as was planned...

I know, I know - you're all feeling so sorry for me....   :rolleyes:  

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Schools and Unis closed now throughout Italy, I have just seen.  :(

(Just double-checked - considering closing them...)

A big step.

I may not get to Italy in a week or two, as was planned...

I know, I know - you're all feeling so sorry for me....   :rolleyes:  

Heartbroken. 

21 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Very interesting to see the Scottish Government response. As I understand it, the rules/law will be amended to allow forcible testing and detention. One of our eminent posters mentioned what they described loosely as the ridiculous behaviour of the Chinese authorities in snatching suspected sufferers to test and detain. Scotland and China. Who would have believed it? 

You, ya wally!

ETA

Obviously that means W6er as well.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It seems toilet rolls are the new currency in some countries.

Jeezo, I'm going to be left with all these fecking masks. :(

PS At work yesterday we had a mass singing of happy birthday when washing our hands, it was so much fun. :lol:

You could have continued that at the game last night. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Plenty of buds still not washing their hands after doing a piss last night. 

Maybe the club could stick big posters up to try and shame the cunts into it

Dirty bastards  :thumbsdown   :toilet

Plenty of people don't wash their hands after taking a shit or they just run their hands under the water with no soap.

Humans are unbelievable.

Think it's about to get serious...

The spread of coronavirus means it is likely Premier League matches will be played behind closed doors this month, a leading club executive has admitted.

Sasha Ryazantsev, Everton’s chief financial officer, said banning fans from matches in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus would be a decision “forced” on clubs. However with Italian authorities having taken the decision to play Serie A fixtures behind closed doors until April, the possibility of something similar in England is increasing.

Guest TPAFKATS
Feck that, just a rub on my trousers is sufficient.
You're such a pansy. [emoji106]
You rub shit on your trousers? Do you do dirty protests as well?

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Feck that, just a rub on my trousers is sufficient.
You're such a pansy. emoji106.png

You rub shit on your trousers? Do you do dirty protests as well?

Why is there shit on my hands? 

Is that something you have a habit if doing, getting shit on your hands?