Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, let's crunch some numbers, not hypothetical, REAL numbers.

Italy, where it's "rife" has had 9,172 positive cases from a population of 60,555,000

To save you getting a headache that's a ,01% rate. 

Aye, rattle on, and remember, Happy Birthday twice when washing your hands. 

There is a different way to crunch the numbers based on the reported cases doubling each day - the old magic of compounding. Anyway hope everyone stays safe.

Italy, where it's "rife" has had 9,172 positive cases from a population of 60,555,000
Sorry has coronavirus called full time in Italy?
I am sure italians would literally be dancing kn the street again if it had.
But please keep on denying its such an open goal. Lol

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Lies, dammed lies and statistics may be an old saying but a true one. I can see that you are no statistician. You fail to grasp the concept that people will suffer from this without being diagnosed as such. Self isolation is being encouraged. Most of these won't show up on the stats you quote. The figures of up to 80% "are used in assessing the risk. No confusion if you understand how the stats work. 

Lies, dammed lies and statistics may be an old saying but a true one. I can see that you are no statistician. You fail to grasp the concept that people will suffer from this without being diagnosed as such. Self isolation is being encouraged. Most of these won't show up on the stats you quote. The figures of up to 80% "are used in assessing the risk. No confusion if you understand how the stats work. 
So you are saying its worse Ricko... whose the big panic merchant now?

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

So you are saying its worse Ricko... whose the big panic merchant now?

I'm not panicking. No need. The UK and Scottish Governments seem to be taking a sensible approach. But.. Understanding how to interpret the stats as a guide to the spread of the virus is one thing. Realising that these figures (increasingly) are going to represent nothing like the true extent if people follow the advice given and Self isolate without testing is important. This will happen more frequently. 

Edited by St.Ricky

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry has coronavirus called full time in Italy?
I am sure italians would literally be dancing kn the street again if it had.
But please keep on denying its such an open goal. Lol

Did I say it had?

Just giving you some facts against your scaremongering. :lol:

24 minutes ago, magnus said:

There is a different way to crunch the numbers based on the reported cases doubling each day - the old magic of compounding. Anyway hope everyone stays safe.

Not seen any numbers "doubling" each day? :blink:

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

Here we go again. You are attributing more stuff to me that I have never said. 

You did it earlier when you said I had talked about anti bacterial soap cleanser when I hadn't. Then you claimed that I had stated that Dettol killed COVID-19 when I didn't. And now you appear to be insinuating that I put myself up as some sort of expert in the field of clinical medicine. Just to be clear I am a Pipefitter, not a hospital cleaner. 

I'd joke that I hoped your inoculations were up to date for a trip to Paisley, but you'd probably pick that apart to. I'd wish you well in your trip but you'd probably claim that I was somehow wishing you dead. So I'll just leave it by saying I hope to f**k you aren't sitting within earshot of me tonight. The football is often boring enough without the fans adding to it. 🙄

A wee touch of paranoia creeping in!

You may not have said that the Dettol cleanser killed Covid-19 but you certainly implied it by ringing the piece on coronaviruses and colds on the label. I merely pointed out that it had not been tested against Covid-19 and, therefore, that there was no evidence that it would be effective.

I wonder what inoculations you would suggest I have for visiting Paisley. 😀

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Current percentage in the UK is .007%, got to get a move on to get to your 80%. :lol:

You remind of the king who was so happy with a mathematician that he offered him whatever prize he desired.

The mathematician presented a chess board to the king and asked him to pay him in rice by putting one grain of rice on the first square of 64 and then to double the number of grains on each subsequent square until he had reached square 64. The idiot king thought the mathematician was stupid and so obliged. He put 1 grain on the first square, 2 on the second, 4 on the third, 8 on the 4th. By the end of the first row, the 8th square had just 256 grains on it and the king thought nothing of it, laughing in the face of the mathematician.

How did that story end?

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You remind of the king who was so happy with a mathematician that he offered him whatever prize he desired.

The mathematician presented a chess board to the king and asked him to put one grain of rice on the first square of 64 and then to double the number of grains on each subsequent square until he had reached square 64. The idiot king thought the mathematician was stupid and so obliged. He put 1 grain on the first square, 2 on the second, 4 on the third, 8 on the 4th. By the end of the first row, the 8th square had 256 grains on it and the king thought nothing of it.

How did that story end?

If you don't like the facts that's ok, lets see where this goes.

PS Didn't read after the first line, not into fairy tales. :lol:

PPS I've got a bit of a sore head and aching neck..........................I'll not let anybody know, need to keep the figures down. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If you don't like the facts that's ok, lets see where this goes.

PS Didn't read after the first line, not into fairy tales. :lol:

I believe it was a true story.

The moral of the story is that the world is split into people who can anticipate problems and prepare appropriately and people who can't see a problem until it overwhelms them.

That king certainly regretted his laughter.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I believe it was a true story.

The moral of the story is that the world is split into people who can anticipate problems and prepared appropriately and people who can't see a problem until it overwhelms them.

Jeezo, look at the facts for other countries, the highest being Italy at .2%.

You REALLY think these figures will reach 80%?

Tell you what, let's have a bet on it. 

PS Can't see what the fool has posted but again, if he's on your side you're fcuked. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

PS Can't see what the fool has posted but again, if he's on your side you're fcuked. :lol:

I have no idea. I haven't expressed an opinion one way or another. Certainly not on Italy. I have simply quoted our Chief Medical Officer who has a little more knowledge than you about things like this and is quoted as saying "up to 80%".

In fairness to myself, although I don't know about viruses, I know how to interpret an exponential graph and how to anticipate, via extrapolation, what might happen if that trend is not reversed.

I also know that we appear to be where Italy was a week or so ago.

Edited by oaksoft

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I have no idea. I haven't expressed an opinion one way or another. Certainly not on Italy. I have simply quoted our Chief Medical Officer who has a little more knowledge than you about things like this and is quoted as saying "up to 80%".

In fairness to myself, although I don't know about viruses, I know how to interpret an exponential graph and how to anticipate, via extrapolation, what might happen if that trend is not reversed.

I also know that we appear to be where Italy was a week or so ago.

So, when it suits you believe the Scottish Chief medical officer, yet you believe posts on social media over retail leaders on food shortages? :lol:

Dr Jenny Harris, deputy chief medical officer for the UK, said that while the government were planning for the worst case scenario, the reality would probably be around 20%.

How much you betting? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You really don't get it. No panic here I know your only aim here is to keep the thread going. 

I see the attention seeking knob is quoting me again. He's on ignore but still he persists with his pish.Only a matter of time before he has another meltdown and has to leave the forum before appearing again after a few weeks with a new alias. Must be in double figures by now.

What a sad existence.

TPAFTWAT is pretending to have me on ignore. Oh my, how will I cope! [emoji23]

At least I know I’m obviously upsetting the obnoxious, stupid fat cunt [emoji23]

#Xenophobe

#Homophone

#Misogynist

The mathematician presented a chess board to the king and asked him to pay him in rice by putting one grain of rice on the first square of 64 and then to double the number of grains on each subsequent square until he had reached square 64. The idiot king thought the mathematician was stupid and so obliged. He put 1 grain on the first square, 2 on the second, 4 on the third, 8 on the 4th. By the end of the first row, the 8th square had just 256 grains on it and the king thought nothing of it, laughing in the face of the mathematician.
How did that story end?

The king was you, wasn’t it? [emoji12]