Coronavirus

faraway saint

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While some people are getting a hard on that things are getting worse, here's something for some perspective.

Image may contain: text

Yesterday you assured us all that you fully understood that the concern was about slowing the pace of the virus, and here you are wittering about absolute numbers of cases again.

Like I said, you are clearly not getting the seriousness of this for some reason.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Oh ffs, Japanese man diagnosed with covid 19 having previously recovered.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200315_13/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

It might be that the tests don't detect low level residual disease. He may have never completely recovered.

That's just my own thoughts.

It's possibly too early to tell although you can catch ordinary flu more than once.

Edited by oaksoft

The Czechs taking this really seriously.

https://news.expats.cz/weekly-czech-news/breaking-prague-public-transport-bans-travel-without-face-mask-due-to-coronavirus/

With them being the worlds biggest consumers of beer and all bars/restaurants closed and Ireland closing all bars one day before St. Patrick's day, it can surely only be a matter of time before it happens here.

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yesterday you assured us all that you fully understood that the concern was about slowing the pace of the virus, and here you are wittering about absolute numbers of cases again.

Like I said, you are clearly not getting the seriousness of this for some reason.

This, jeezo, was to show a comparison and I posted just behind this "absolute numbers", you're having a nightmare.

Is it because you're a toilet roll hoarder and I said they were stupid? 😂😂😂

Guest TPAFKATS
It might be that the tests don't detect low level residual disease. He may have never completely recovered.
That's just my own thoughts.
It's possibly too early to tell although you can catch ordinary flu more than once.
Could be.
Doesn't flu have to mutate for you to catch it again though? Same as the "common cold" which is actually a great many variations.

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Show me where I'm not taking this seriously? 

45 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The Czechs taking this really seriously.

https://news.expats.cz/weekly-czech-news/breaking-prague-public-transport-bans-travel-without-face-mask-due-to-coronavirus/

With them being the worlds biggest consumers of beer and all bars/restaurants closed and Ireland closing all bars one day before St. Patrick's day, it can surely only be a matter of time before it happens here.

No bad thing and the bookies please. 

56 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Could be.
Doesn't flu have to mutate for you to catch it again though? Same as the "common cold" which is actually a great many variations.

No idea TBH. This is well outside my area of knowledge.

Faraway seems very certain about exactly what covid is and how it spreads. I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to reveal all. :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Because I'm not running around predicting death in the hundreds of thousands?

Whit?

For the 28th f**king time, this is NOT, I repeat NOT about absolute death numbers.

This is about slowing the damn thing down so the NHS is not overwhelmed.

How can you still not be getting this?

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

So, it's back up to 14 days at home if you have symptoms AND if you live with someone with symptoms.

Can't see this reducing the pressure on supermarkets.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No idea TBH. This is well outside my area of knowledge.

Faraway seems very certain about exactly what covid is and how it spreads. I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to reveal all. :lol:

New name for the man from Arbroath is The Professor but fonr, don't rely upon any analysis using statistics or probability. 

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

So, it's back up to 14 days at home if you have symptoms AND if you live with someone with symptoms.

Can't see this reducing the pressure on supermarkets.

I have one of my men off, self isolating.

The guys on the shop floor were running a book, he was red hot favourite.

This is opening the door for malingerers, taking over from stress. 

On the supermarket thing, I'm way ahead of the pack, stocking up with alcohol.

When pubs shut it will be like prohibition, I'll make a fortune. :thumbs2🤧:thumbs2

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I have one of my men off, self isolating.

The guys on the shop floor were running a book, he was red hot favourite.

This is opening the door for malingerers, taking over from stress. 

On the supermarket thing, I'm way ahead of the pack, stocking up with alcohol.

When pubs shut it will be like prohibition, I'll make a fortune. :thumbs2🤧:thumbs2

How much for a 6 pack of Guinness?:guinness

19 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
30 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
New name for the man from Arbroath is The Professor but fonr, don't rely upon any analysis using statistics or probability. 

Can we get that in English?

You have it. Too complicated for you? 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Whit?

For the 28th f**king time, this is NOT, I repeat NOT about absolute death numbers.

This is about slowing the damn thing down so the NHS is not overwhelmed.

How can you still not be getting this?

The word dim comes to mind. 

But more likely his desire to post build