Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Could be.
Doesn't flu have to mutate for you to catch it again though? Same as the "common cold" which is actually a great many variations.

It happens occasionally in patients where the protective antibodies produced against the disease don't last as long as they do in other individuals.

Wow!
Liverpool St station tonight, heart of the City... About 30% of normal crowds. Pre-movie pub only 7 other punters. Huge cinema (takes 250-300). Only another 8 seats booked when I went online....
Must be the semifinals of Only Connect on TV tonight!
Bugrit. I should have checked.... :(

Well i'm not a violent person but
just been in Asda.

Saw a fella who's trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, milk etc. Everything that people need!!!

Prick 😠 

Gave him a low down about the elderly and mums etc who need these types of things. Told him he ought to be f**king ashamed of himself!! 

😠😠
He said "That's all well and good mate but i work here, can i carry on filling the shelves now?" 

Another day, approx another 600 deaths world wide.

Italy continues to see massive daily deaths, 349 today, a total of 2,158.

Suggested in another thread is it because of the amount of elderly citizens, someone said they have a large percentage elderly. 

The UK, 1 today, that'll debunk the "doubling every day" pish spouted by some. Currently sitting at 152. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another day, approx another 600 deaths world wide.

Italy continues to see massive daily deaths, 349 today, a total of 2,158.

Suggested in another thread is it because of the amount of elderly citizens, someone said they have a large percentage elderly. 

The UK, 1 today, that'll debunk the "doubling every day" pish spouted by some. Currently sitting at 152. 

As much as I get your point, it's people dying, not a game

Hope this continues 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hope this continues 

Oh no, wait a minute, you have a slight pop at me yet the people spreading unwarranted shite are ok?

Gie me a brek, the hysterical nutters amongst us will more than likely be the same nutters buying everything they can, despite not really needing it. 

Sorry mate, not having that. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I have one of my men off, self isolating.

The guys on the shop floor were running a book, he was red hot favourite.

This is opening the door for malingerers, taking over from stress. 

On the supermarket thing, I'm way ahead of the pack, stocking up with alcohol.

When pubs shut it will be like prohibition, I'll make a fortune. :thumbs2🤧:thumbs2

Yes, our tip top number one priority should be making sure nobody takes the piss during this outbreak. :lol:

It's brilliant to see you have your priorities straight. :lol:

You're right about alcohol though.

On a serious note, Instead of worrying about malingerers, be grateful you have a paying job.

The first to crack will be those of us running our own businesses, trying to fathom out how to resolve the problem of sales halving (in my case) almost overnight.

I am very luck to have no employees needing paid and have some reserves behind me to get through the next 4-6 months but this is already proving to be brutal and it's not really started yet.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Yes, our tip top number one priority should be making sure nobody takes the piss during this outbreak. :lol:

It's brilliant to see you have your priorities straight. :lol:

You're right about alcohol though.

On a serious note, Instead of worrying about malingerers, be grateful you have a paying job.

The first to crack will be those of us running our own businesses, trying to fathom out how to resolve the problem of sales halving (in my case) almost overnight.

I am very luck to have no employees needing paid and have some reserves behind me to get through the next 4-6 months but this is already proving to be brutal and it's not really started yet.

While you have your own business I'm in charge of running somebody else's business.

The effect of absenteeism has a direct effect on my ability to deliver. :thumbsdown

Aye, do you think the paying job money comes from the money tree? :lol:

I know you always only think about yourself so I'll not bother trying to get you to see the bigger picture. 

I have every sympathy for every business, and this could be the end of many who are operating on a very short turnover period. 

14 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hope this continues 

Explain the risk/probability and what geometric progression to him if you think there is the slightest chance that he will understand, 

Nice to see that some people, not the fecking hoarders, are doing what they can to help those that in need..........................

A SCOTS shop is delivering coronavirus “packages” to OAPs in a bid to stop the spread of the killer bug.

Day Today Express in Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, are giving away facemasks, hand gel and cleaning wipes to pensioners free-of-charge.

A cornershop is delivering coronavirus 'packages' to pensioners

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Oh no, wait a minute, you have a slight pop at me yet the people spreading unwarranted shite are ok?

Gie me a brek, the hysterical nutters amongst us will more than likely be the same nutters buying everything they can, despite not really needing it. 

Sorry mate, not having that. 

Just saying it sounds like you're trying to point score a bit , don't mind speculation but I don't like the "told you it was nothing to worry about!" stuff, it's a pretty serious threat. Also there's a difference between worried about the direction things are going, and being hysterical / panic buying. 

Fear mongering media ain't helping - seen the Daily Record putting out shite about Scotland having "the perfect corona virus climate" earlier

Aye cos our climate is the same as Italy - absolute wanks 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Just saying it sounds like you're trying to point score a bit , don't mind speculation but I don't like the "told you it was nothing to worry about!" stuff, it's a pretty serious threat. Also there's a difference between worried about the direction things are going, and being hysterical / panic buying. 

Fear mongering media ain't helping - seen the Daily Record putting out shite about Scotland having "the perfect corona virus climate" earlier

Aye cos our climate is the same as Italy - absolute wanks 

Who said that? 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who said that? 

Just from reading the thread you've adopted the stance that it's being over hyped as the death toll isn't very big

I get what you're saying about perspective but many folk just trying their best to protect their families , can see why people are going a bit overboard 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Just from reading the thread you've adopted the stance that it's being over hyped as the death toll isn't very big

I get what you're saying about perspective but many folk just trying their best to protect their families , can see why people are going a bit overboard 

Ok, so I, or no one said that?

Oh yes, it's been over hyped, have you seen the estimates posted on here of the death toll for the UK? (between 300,000 and up to 1,000,000, aye, just in the UK)

I've stuck to the facts, not projections, worse case scenarios and pure speculation. 

Protect their families, how exactly? 

Sorry mate, you're wandering here. 

Asda Linwood at 6.15 this evening looked like a mindless swarm of human locusts had infested it during the day.

Apart from the usual missing items, beans, soup, jams, fresh meat, fish and cat food amongst many, were all decimated. Fortunately for my cat, because it's so fussy, I keep a large selection in reserve. Otherwise it would have had to catch some mice. 😾🐀

Wasn't all bad though. Managed to get a case of Tiger for a tenner and a couple of bottles of prosecco for my wife.🍾🍺

Edited by FTOF

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh yes, it's been over hyped, have you seen the estimates posted on here of the death toll for the UK? (between 300,000 and up to 1,000,000, aye, just in the UK)

I've stuck to the facts, not projections, worse case scenarios and pure speculation. 

Protect their families, how exactly? 

Sorry mate, you're wandering here. 

TBH, on this thread it's you who is coming across as an over-emotional bellend.

Calm down FFS and try to understand that when people feel threatened they start thinking about their families over the wider populace.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

TBH, on this thread it's you who is coming across as an over-emotional bellend.

Calm down FFS and try to understand that when people feel threatened they start thinking about their families over the wider populace.

Oh dear, can't handle it, as usual.

Best you log off if your not prepared for posts that point out your frail ego. 

Threatened...........don't make me fecking laugh ya drama queen. :lol:

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Asda Linwood at 6.15 this evening looked like a mindless swarm of human locusts had infested it during the day.

Apart from the usual missing items, beans, soup, jams, fresh meat, fish and cat food amongst many, were all decimated. Fortunately for my cat, because it's so fussy, I keep a large selection in reserve. Otherwise it would have had to catch some mice. 😾🐀

Wasn't all bad though. Managed to get a case of Tiger for a tenner and a couple of bottles of prosecco for my wife.🍾🍺

Small shops seem to be coping better as they aren't targeted as much. 

Seen an item on TV about toilet rolls, despite Oaky buying as much as a small army requires the manufacturers are saying there is, and will be, no shortage. 

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

"It's just the fecking flu" you said.

That is effectively telling everyone that it's nothing to worry about.

Or are you going to be a bellend like Dickson or Pricky and play semantics?

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh dear, can't handle it, as usual.

Best you log off if your not prepared for posts that point out your frail ego. 

Threatened...........don't make me fecking laugh ya drama queen. :lol:

FFS I am not talking about me. I was talking in general.

Sigh. It's like talking to a 5 year old.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Small shops seem to be coping better as they aren't targeted as much. 

Seen an item on TV about toilet rolls, despite Oaky buying as much as a small army requires the manufacturers are saying there is, and will be, no shortage. 

Most major supermarkets have empty toilet roll shelves. The suppliers can say what they like but empty shelves breeds panic in others.

Not for me though. I have tons.

As for small shops, they are coping for now.

During the snow 2 years ago they were empty of everything as well.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

"It's just the fecking flu" you said.

That is effectively telling everyone that it's nothing to worry about.

Or are you going to be a bellend like Dickson or Pricky and play semantics?

Dear oh dear, you said kids were at risk......................who's the biggest bellend?

The symptoms are like the flu, I'm sure you could have worked that out if you hadn't been feeling so hurt. :lol:

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS I am not talking about me. I was talking in general.

Sigh. It's like talking to a 5 year old.

Threatened.........................you're having a nightmare. :lol:

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Most major supermarkets have empty toilet roll shelves. The suppliers can say what they like but empty shelves breeds panic in others.

Not for me though. I have tons.

As for small shops, they are coping for now.

During the snow 2 years ago they were empty of everything as well.

Still persisting with the utter stupidity that here are shortages.

For now........................do you actually do any research on this or just stick to your information on social media? :lol:

For someone who thinks they are bright you're coming across as a real dimwit. 

PS THIS is the way to answer 3 posts, the forum fool will be accusing you of post building. :byebye