Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Worrying stuff. 

Also worrying is that Laura Ashley is likely to be the first Retail Casualty. I can testify that my wife as fought hard to keep their Stirling shop going through regular purchases! 

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

This industry along with cafes pubs and restraints will be f**ked. Government hasn't told them to close, just told folk not to attend.
This means they can't claim insurance. Spineless cunts

My thoughts exactly. Strange move. 

Not that strange, it would appear everyone wants someone else to take responsibility for them, ie: if Boris asks people to behave sensibly and not continue with a particular habit (pubs, clubs etc) he is letting certain sections of the community down because they can't claim insurance.................'bad boris!   If on the other hand he does what he is advised to; by medical / scientific 'experts' (relating to slowing the spread of the virus down) then he is still wrong........................and he may well be and I am no expert nor indeed are the vast majority of this forum, however! one can only do as one is advised, far to many experts on here and that IS a surprise as it makes me wonder how so many of them manage to work out how to use toilet rolls .............................since they don't come with instructions?

12 hours ago, W6er said:

Anyway, back on topic, the estimated number of people infected with the Coronavirus in the UK is believed to be between 35,000-50,000. It will continue to grow exponentially.

So................... the answer is to ban exponentialism? is it? asking on behalf on a wee friend fae abroaf? 

Carnage at the supermarkets. Almost no fresh meat in Asda or Sainsburys and Aldi is also pretty much out.

Interesting to see what people buy when they panic. Bread gone again and suddenly we've become a nation of bread makers because there's no fecking flour anywhere either. Almost out of beans and spaghetti too. Loads of idiots taking photos of empty toilet roll shelves for some reason. If chicken nuggets are your thing, you'll be fine as there was a pile of those.

That's the weeks shopping done thank goodness. Can't wait to see what it will be like next week. Maybe all those deliveries Faraway assured us were just a moment away will finally start arriving en masse.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

On a serious note, those researchers better be pretty f**king sure they've got their model working properly this time because if they f**k it up once more nobody will ever trust them again. I haven't read their paper yet but I sincerely hope they are able to provide a convincing argument as to why their model is now correct given the damage to the economy this is causing. I also hope they have detailed the approximations they have made and that someone hasn't got too excited at getting their 15 minutes of fame and over-stated the accuracy of the results.

I honestly cannot see people in this country following these self isolation procedures for longer than about 2 weeks. After that I think most people would rather die in freedom than live imprisoned in their houses.

Edited by oaksoft

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On a serious note, those researchers better be pretty f**king sure they've got their model working properly this time because if they f**k it up once more nobody will ever trust them again. I haven't read their paper yet but I sincerely hope they are able to provide a convincing argument as to why their model is now correct given the damage to the economy this is causing. I also hope they have detailed the approximations they have made and that someone hasn't got too excited at getting their 15 minutes of fame and over-stated the accuracy of the results.

I honestly cannot see people in this country following these self isolation procedures for longer than about 2 weeks. After that I think most people would rather die in freedom than live imprisoned in their houses.

Cordon off Arbroath. 

none of the leaders appear to be too convinced of their own words when it comes to suppression strategy.  My gut feeling is that many countries will try for an extended temporary lockdown either side of easter before significant numbers start venturing out by going to work, shops, etc.  At that point, I think the resolve will weaken.

I think that by May, we wont really have any kind of containment strategy and many people will take a roll of the dice with their own health and that of others

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

8.20 this morning Aldi in Ayr was like Christmas Eve. Huge queues with every checkout open and folk struggling with two trolleys. Utterly staggering stuff. Whatever reassurance govt are making, people are point blank ignoring them.

That's exactly the same description the staff at Morrisons said to my wife a few days ago.

I'm going down tonight, pray for me. 

23 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

We will. Please god, you know what we're wanting. emoji6.png

I'm back......................a disaster if you can't get to the shops early, devastation.

Assured the vast majority will be restocked by tomorrow morning but the staff see this happening every day for the foreseeable. 

The bevvy is still at reasonable levels, that will change, already 2 pubs up here announced they are closing for the next 2 weeks, to be reviewed.

Utter madness. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Not that strange, it would appear everyone wants someone else to take responsibility for them, ie: if Boris asks people to behave sensibly and not continue with a particular habit (pubs, clubs etc) he is letting certain sections of the community down because they can't claim insurance.................'bad boris!   If on the other hand he does what he is advised to; by medical / scientific 'experts' (relating to slowing the spread of the virus down) then he is still wrong........................and he may well be and I am no expert nor indeed are the vast majority of this forum, however! one can only do as one is advised, far to many experts on here and that IS a surprise as it makes me wonder how so many of them manage to work out how to use toilet rolls .............................since they don't come with instructions?
If it was an instruction from government many businesses state that they would have been able to claim on their insurance.
Instead it was a request, so business can't claim.

We have an economy that is heavily reliant on the service industry. Yesterday without warning, the rug was pulled from under that industry along with all employed within it. Many of these employees are on zero hours contracts.

Some mitigation announced today, however as always the devil will be in the detail. So far, still nowhere near what France is doing for its citizens.