Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

The Buffoon has far too belatedly shut the stable doors:

Cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants must close tonight

Johnson says the government is strengthening the measures announced on Monday to avoid unnecessary social contact.

Following agreement of all the four nations of the UK, Johnson said all cafes, bars, pubs and restaurants must close tonight.

Nightclubs, theatres, gyms, cinemas and leisure centres must also close on the same timescale.

Can't win in some peoples eyes. :byebye

Boris is beyond parody. Today’s measures are welcome as far as they go. However, the so-called key workers, of which I am one, are amongst the lowest paid groups of workers in the country! We see Universal Credit increased by £1000 a year for a single person. Nurses, council workers and civil servants have not received £1000 increase in the last decade combined!!! But we are suddenly vital key workers, getting partronising video messages from ministers and senior management about how great we all are. No increase in salaries obviously. Of course, once this is over, once again austerity will be brought in and once more we will lead the way in being hammered as an example to everyone else.

5 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Boris is beyond parody. Today’s measures are welcome as far as they go. However, the so-called key workers, of which I am one, are amongst the lowest paid groups of workers in the country! We see Universal Credit increased by £1000 a year for a single person. Nurses, council workers and civil servants have not received £1000 increase in the last decade combined!!!

Aye, and this will be used to justify stifling future wage increases.

I don't envy Boris, given the circumstances. It's really unprecedented this scenario. At least with a war their was an obvious, tangible threat. The problem with this virus is that unless one is categorised as high risk, the effects are likely to be a mild illness, and therefore many people don't see it as a major problem. Plus some folk believe it may all turn out to be a fuss over nothing, with a very low death rate.  

Can't win in some peoples eyes. :byebye

An unprecedented support package improving daily and responding to the people’s needs.

A measured and appropriate response and very supportive of all sectors as far and probably beyond what is reasonably expected.

No other government and certainly never a labour government would match this.

2 minutes ago, Fricky_Bellend said:

An unprecedented support package improving daily and responding to the people’s needs.

A measured and appropriate response and very supportive of all sectors as far and probably beyond what is reasonably expected.

Aye, but.............................but............................but.............................the buffoon...............................etc etc.

Makes some of todays tirades look extremely stupid now. :lol:

"They" will be scurrying around looking for some other muck to spread. 

5 minutes ago, Fricky_Bellend said:

He's basically shut down a whole industry, with all the financial ramifications that come from that. Not an easy decision to make based on a few thousand cases of the virus.

I can only suspect the virus must have infected a LOT more people, who have minimal symptoms. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Walked up Prestwick main street thi evening, Spoons and the Buzzworks place (old Elliot's) HEAVING. About time as a fair proportion of the "great" British public are utter cunts.

I'd imagine plenty pubs will be heaving tonight as it's last orders for the immediate future.

As I said earlier this week, watch the bevvy getting hammered now in supermarkets, luckily I'm WAY ahead of that game. :thumbs2

1 minute ago, W6er said:

He's basically shut down a whole industry, with all the financial ramifications that come from that. Not an easy decision to make based on a few thousand cases of the virus.

I can only suspect the virus must have infected a LOT more people, who have minimal symptoms. 

It's part of the plan to reduce the spike that will drown the NHS, no secret amount of people with symptoms. :lol:

Had a chuckle at the PM saying in his PC that it was vital the tube and public transport kept operating. Someone needs to pass his message on to Scotrail who are axing about 50% of their operations from Monday. Their press release says their new emergency timetables have been designed to keep key workers moving yet there is barely a train before 9am. All this in "anticipation " of mass absence. WTF are the other 50% of their fully fit staff doing until they catch this anticipated illness as I see hee haw evidence of additional cleaning or disinfecting on any train I am on. At least they are free if avoiding barriered stations.

Just now, faraway saint said:

It's part of the plan to reduce the spike that will drown the NHS, no secret amount of people with symptoms. :lol:

So you don't believe there are instances of people who've had, or presently got, the Coronavirus who have a mild cough and don't suspect they have it?

If the real figure is ten times the number of confirmed cases, then it's still a very small number of people.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Had a chuckle at the PM saying in his PC that it was vital the tube and public transport kept operating. Someone needs to pass his message on to Scotrail who are axing about 50% of their operations from Monday. Their press release says their new emergency timetables have been designed to keep key workers moving yet there is barely a train before 9am. All this in "anticipation " of mass absence. WTF are the other 50% of their fully fit staff doing until they catch this anticipated illness as I see hee haw evidence of additional cleaning or disinfecting on any train I am on. At least they are free if avoiding barriered stations.

Maybe it's in anticipation of staff illnesses?

Bellend by name etc

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, but.............................but............................but.............................the buffoon...............................etc etc.
Makes some of todays tirades look extremely stupid now. [emoji38]
"They" will be scurrying around looking for some other muck to spread. 
It's all welcome, the devil will be in the detail as always.

Like everything that's announced it's the delay in doing so that I have issues with. Its all knee jerk reaction once there's an outcry from those who support the pm and his party.

I know this won't suit your agenda

Guest TPAFKATS
It's part of the plan to reduce the spike that will drown the NHS, no secret amount of people with symptoms. [emoji38]
Just a huge amount of unreported people with symptoms.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's all welcome, the devil will be in the detail as always.

Like everything that's announced it's the delay in doing so that I have issues with. Its all knee jerk reaction once there's an outcry from those who support the pm and his party.

I know this won't suit your agenda

Oh, that's the most ironic post on the forum for a while, well done. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS

He basically shut down that industry on Monday. Just took until today to change the language and say please.
But ffs, who instructs this at 5pm on a Friday.

6 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

To be fair the Chancellor came across well

Boris should have went the whole hog earlier the week though

I happen to agree.

People forget these decisions are taken with the input of various people.

Some nuggets seem to think Boris just wakes up and makes a decision then has breakfast. 

Well at least he has now been decisive.

Just hope that this thing blows over before our entire economy collapses.

In the face of that, people complaining about only 80% of salaries being covered need to have a word with themselves. Some serious levels of entitlement out there.

Edited by oaksoft

There is every chance of world economic collapse and in the UK this will need decades of severe austerity to pay for all the measures. This will make post 2008 look like the good times once we eventually turn the corner.

Well at least he has now been decisive.

Just hope that this thing blows over before our entire economy collapses.

In the face of that, people complaining about only 80% of salaries being covered need to have a word with themselves. Some serious levels of entitlement out there.