Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Right, Morrisons not too bad at 7.30, no pasta, tins or bog roll by then but plenty fresh food. Butchers in Troon nothing to sell by 9.30 and closed. Fishmonger and fruit and veg shop queued out the door but tons in. Sea bass and langoustine in the Ayrshire house tonight and just off to the local Day Today for the wine and beer. Planting my early tattie this afternoon, dig for victory Lads.

Guard that with your life, the looters are on the lookout for fresh veg. :wink:

8 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Latest study from Wuhan has the final fatality ratio at 0.12%

Far far less than the figures being bandied about when all this broke

It's way too early to be talking about final fatality rates in Wuhan or anywhere else you utter spangle.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's way too early to be talking about final fatality rates in Wuhan or anywhere else you utter spangle.

Well the fatality rate has dropped to a trickle, averaging under 10 a day for quite a while now. (See below) 

Obviously there will probably never be a final fatality rate as this will probably be an annual virus, just less of a drama when a vaccination is available. 

image.png.c6b015a72b62bc92c499bcfbef17f9e7.png

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Well the fatality rate has dropped to a trickle, averaging under 10 a day for quite a while now.

Obviously there will probably never be a final fatality rate as this will probably be an annual virus, just less of a drama when a vaccination is available. 

Let's see what happens when they allow local restrictions to be lifted.

Then we need to see what happens when they allow full travelling in and out of the country.

You’ll need to take that up with the health experts actually in Wuhan who wrote the report.

Albeit, you are probably right. The final death rate will probably be much lower.

Indeed, if the existing severe health conditions that the vast majority of the deceased had are attributed with the deaths then the final fatality rate will probably be close to zero

You moron

10 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Sorry if the attached has been posted earlier.

who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf 1.49 MB · 2 downloads

Interesting and, as of almost a month ago this............................

China is already, and rightfully, working to bolster its economy, reopen its schools and return to a more normal semblance of its society, even as it works to contain the remaining chains of COVID-19 transmission. Appropriately, a science-based, riskinformed and phased approach is being taken, with a clear recognition and readiness of the need to immediately react to any new COVID-19 cases or clusters as key elements of the containment strategy are lifted.

Guest TPAFKATS
There is certainly no point in political point scoring. Sturgeon attends the same meetings as Johnson and is doing very little that is different. A few days ago Blackford was still chuntering on about Independence like an Independent Scotland would be better placed. McDowell and Corbyn think the government should do more - theres a surprise eh? And the Lib Dems and Farage have become so irrelevant they aren't saying a thing. 
I've no idea how the huge cash giveaway is going to work but I hope everyone plays fair and that we don't see companies that don't need help to stay afloat claiming it. I also hope that bosses that do claim it ensure it reaches the staff its meant to help and where they can they top it up too, as was stated in the briefing, to pay staff 100% of their salary. 

Political leaders from all the parties are offering constructive advice and wanting to ensure as much as possible is done. Thanks for confirming the lack of political point scoring by offering no examples of it.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Got my test results back yesterday. Negative. Not sure how to feel about that??

I’ve no got coronavirus - yaaaaaay!

I can still get coronavirus - boooooo!

So, that's 2 from the 3 who thought they had the virus now didn't. (You and LPM)

W6 was the 3rd, doubt he's got it, he'd have told us plenty of times. 

I did say statistically the chances were astronomical, seems I'm no bad at statistics after all. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
They aren't doing it, but you certainly are. 
You are the one being ridiculous. 
Again no examples, just fatuous statements from you.
I've been critical of governments slow response to this. That isn't political point scoring, particularly as I haven't been supporting any other politician when doing so.

You know Stuart you appeared back on here during the kibble debate and unlike most other contributors I gave you a clean slate and engaged in that debate with you, supporting some views, disagreeing with others.
It seems however ever since that vote was sorted, possibly before, you've resorted to type and it's all about the petty trolling so beloved of those one or two sad individuals who liked certain posts you made.

It's going to be a long few weeks, however seeing the trolls turn on each other and start to, metaphorically at least, eat other on this forum might be one of the few highlights (if anyone with any sanity is still bothering with the forum by that point).

I cannot believe anyone thinks there is a shred of truth in any figures issued by the Chinese authorities. The situation in Italy proves they have been talking utter shite since day 1. Folk will only start to realise the true extent when we reach the levels Italy are experiencing and there is no reason to think they won't. The government are constantly telling us it's going to be that way, our measures are simply to flatten the curve in comparison to Italy. We should prepare for a long and worsening haul here.

Guest TPAFKATS
So, that's 2 from the 3 who thought they had the virus now didn't. (You and LPM)
I did say statistically the chances were astronomical, seems I'm no bad at statistics after all. [emoji38]
You sound like that guy who owns wetherspoons.

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
I did say statistically the chances were astronomical, seems I'm no bad at statistics after all. emoji38.png

You sound like.............................:byebye

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
55 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
I did say statistically the chances were astronomical, seems I'm no bad at statistics after all. emoji38.png

He sounds like every sound bite around. 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Again no examples, just fatuous statements from you.
I've been critical of governments slow response to this. That isn't political point scoring, particularly as I haven't been supporting any other politician when doing so.

You know Stuart you appeared back on here during the kibble debate and unlike most other contributors I gave you a clean slate and engaged in that debate with you, supporting some views, disagreeing with others.
It seems however ever since that vote was sorted, possibly before, you've resorted to type and it's all about the petty trolling so beloved of those one or two sad individuals who liked certain posts you made.

It's going to be a long few weeks, however seeing the trolls turn on each other and start to, metaphorically at least, eat other on this forum might be one of the few highlights (if anyone with any sanity is still bothering with the forum by that point).

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I cannot believe anyone thinks there is a shred of truth in any figures issued by the Chinese authorities. The situation in Italy proves they have been talking utter shite since day 1. Folk will only start to realise the true extent when we reach the levels Italy are experiencing and there is no reason to think they won't. The government are constantly telling us it's going to be that way, our measures are simply to flatten the curve in comparison to Italy. We should prepare for a long and worsening haul here.

Why will we?