Coronavirus

faraway saint

Another denier piss off !

Are you saying that we should shut down the economy and direct scarce NHS resources to keep people alive who would have died anyway?

What’s so different about this than the 8,000 deaths in the UK every year co-contributed to the flu? Why don’t you advocate shutting down the economy for that?

There are nearly 2,000 deaths on the roads every year. Should we ban cars?

Guest TPAFKATS
Are the NHS testing folk randomly who present , thought they were only testing patients actually admitted to hospital ?
Hardly anyone is getting tested. There's folk in hospital not being tested as their temp doesn't meet the minimum of 37.8 despite having various other symptoms.

There's also flu doing the rounds at the moment as well.

It would be good to know if you'd had covid 19 or "just" flu.

Guest TPAFKATS
To stop the NHS being swamped by cases in the way Italy has because if that happens people will die in increasing numbers for goodness knows how long.
Is this a serious question?
It's worrying that you still need to explain this.

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

I don't know. Takeaways are still open and reportedly doing loads of business. Many restaurants have already started a takeaway service too. I think people are still just being greedy. I would have thought most would have run out of space by now but the main street here was mobbed this morning, so much for social distancing. There isn't even a supermarket down there. One convenience store where I usually go to use the ATM and which usually has an empty car park out front had queues going into it and all spaces were filled. f**k knows what they were selling. I wasn't desperate enough for cash to find out. 

I have just came along Glasgow Rd, and a Pizza Shop, Subway, Chip Shop, Chinese and a Indian are all open and serving.

Iceland open but looked like few people in it. 

Not many people about but the playground at Barshaw Park is very busy with kids and adults. 

3 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Is this a serious question?

Going by the numbers coming out of Italy, their health system was already swamped by the exact same people, half of them with severe underlying health conditions, including cancer, who would probably have died anyway.

Another 793 dead in Italy today alone because people can't be treated as their health system is completely overrun.

Are you understanding why we need to avoid the same scenario?

Am I reading this correctly?

According to this link below, out of the 5018 cases of covid in the UK, 4692 are still active and only 326 have reached a conclusion (recovery or death).

Out of the 326 concluded cases, 233 (71%) ended in death.

Also, we are exactly where Italy was on 7th March and we have a similar trajectory.

If I'm right, why is anyone calm about this?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Edited by oaksoft

Aye but it's all a load of pish according to some f**king morons on here. I despair at humanity at times. No idea what it's going to take for the "great" British public to treat this seriously.

Am I reading this correctly?
According to this link below, out of the 5018 cases of covid in the UK, 4692 are still active and only 326 have reached a conclusion (recovery or death).
Out of the 326 concluded cases, 233 (71%) ended in death.
Also, we are exactly where Italy was on 7th March and we have a similar trajectory.
If I'm right, why is anyone calm about this?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Diarrhoea sufferer found !!!

Drama Queen. The same graphic shows that of the current cases only 20 are critical and 4,672 are in mild condition. 
If they caught the virus in the last two weeks they would still be self isolating, therefore current. 
And trust me, there is no shortage of toilet paper. [emoji849]

25 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Drama Queen. The same graphic shows that of the current cases only 20 are critical and 4,672 are in mild condition. 

If they caught the virus in the last two weeks they would still be self isolating, therefore current. 

And trust me, there is no shortage of toilet paper. 🙄

Do you know what the corresponding Italy numbers were on 7th March?

Italy is seeing an exponential rise in new cases after 2 weeks of total lockdown.

Any suggestions as to why?

Edited by oaksoft

36 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Yes, on the 7th of March Italy reported 1,247 new cases and 36 new deaths. Yesterday Scotland reported 51 new cases and 1 new death. 

We are nowhere near the Italian situation from two weeks ago. Stop panicking. 

And we have just announced 33 deaths today? How is that "nowhere near" the Italian situation of 36 deaths on 7th March?

Please tell me you are not relying on the "new cases" tally?