Coronavirus

faraway saint

19 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

So there's me, working for the Nations interest, a Janitor, a Night Watchman, Ricky's Grandson, and Cambi.

A wee bit of everything there emoji23.png

I'm working also. Bunch of Kunts obviously putting profits over the welfare of their employees. 

I will be back at work on Thursday all being well. I'll only be attending sites to perform any critical work so I don't know how that will pan out. It might actually disrupt my normal working hours to keep things going. Given what the real emergency services are going through I won't be complaining about that.Most of the time I'll be on my own and well away from any interaction.

1 hour ago, eastlandssaint said:

I have to say I thought Boris came across very well. But The Guardian commenters don't seem to agree with me: 

Borderpoll

6m ago

9 feckin weeks , 9 feckin weeks , thats how long the uk government has known that wholesale testing would need to be done , but made no preparation for testing nor sourced or ordered any test kits .

For 9 weeks they have known that the NHS would need thousands more ventilators , but neither sourced nor ordered any .

For 9 weeks they have known that the stock of PPE was woefully inadequate, but again failed to source or order any.

The repeated failure to learn anything from accepted wisdom regarding the virus is ,at best , irresponsible, at worst it is criminal negligence. Someone or group of people must inevitably be held accountable.

6 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Where were these people 9 weeks ago? It's funny how many experts there are amongst the Guardian readership who knew f**k all about medicine 5 weeks ago, beyond the drugs they were on. 

You should see P&B:

Cummings needs to be tried and jailed for mass manslaughter, I struggle to remember a bigger c**t.

That’s impressive given some of the people around just now.

Guest TPAFKATS

I see we aren't allowed to complain about government inaction on this unless you can prove you are a medical expert.
You know, this is why we have government, so that they can weigh up the evidence and LEAD us.

17 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Mike Ashley has written to his staff saying that Sports Direct stores will remain open as he feels they are uniquely well placed to keep the UK fit during these times.

Says the guy that’s about 22 stone :lol: 

Chancing bastard

14 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Mike Ashley has written to his staff saying that Sports Direct stores will remain open as he feels they are uniquely well placed to keep the UK fit during these times.

:lol: I'm not sure whether you're joking, but can't be bothered to check.

This is a good post on P&B:

33354951_CoronaVPB1.thumb.jpg.136ff4c998a08deb799ab8feeab09d61.jpg

Not sure I can trust a man who apparently hasn't spotted the missing apostrophe...in his signature! :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

:lol: I'm not sure whether you're joking, but can't be bothered to check.

This is a good post on P&B:

33354951_CoronaVPB1.thumb.jpg.136ff4c998a08deb799ab8feeab09d61.jpg

Not sure I can trust a man who apparently hasn't spotted the missing apostrophe...in his signature! :rolleyes: 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/coronavirus-mike-ashley-keeps-sports-21742586?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

[emoji38] Aye, maybe you're right. This is why we need a moderator who can move these posts into another thread. [mention=328]salmonbuddie[/mention] are you able to do this? I noticed that you edited your post without a trace, i.e. the usual 'Post edited by Salmonbuddie at...' which is curious.

No idea, maybe because I use the Tapatalk app? Certainly not because I'm a moderator, that's for sure.

Back on topic, our site closed on Friday but only 2 of us out of 4 with the same role have laptops. Because we're approaching financial year end, because BEIS hasn't relaxed its reporting requirements and because subbies need paying, we got permission for those 2 to attend site tomorrow and Thursday. Can"t see QS's being classed as essential (we know our place!) so I can see twice as much work ahead for me over the next couple of weeks.

I haven't used any AL so far this year because we were planning a 4 week trip to Oz in April for a family wedding. I've been told by my line manager that becsuse i haven't taken any AL in the first quarter (HR monitors and reports on these things), I have to take a week off in April. Effectively then, because I'm working, I have to use up my AL and switch off my laptop for a week while those sitting about at home 'available for work' don't use any. Hardly seems fair, looking forward to those discussions...

[emoji846]

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

No idea, maybe because I use the Tapatalk app? Certainly not because I'm a moderator, that's for sure.

Back on topic, our site closed on Friday but only 2 of us out of 4 with the same role have laptops. Because we're approaching financial year end, because BEIS hasn't relaxed its reporting requirements and because subbies need paying, we got permission for those 2 to attend site tomorrow and Thursday. Can"t see QS's being classed as essential (we know our place!) so I can see twice as much work ahead for me over the next couple of weeks.

I haven't used any AL so far this year because we were planning a 4 week trip to Oz in April for a family wedding. I've been told by my line manager that becsuse i haven't taken any AL in the first quarter (HR monitors and reports on these things), I have to take a week off in April. Effectively then, because I'm working, I have to use up my AL and switch off my laptop for a week while those sitting about at home 'available for work' don't use any. Hardly seems fair, looking forward to those discussions...

emoji846.png

Aye, on the AL issue, could see a lot of people, if they can't take it for the next few weeks/months having a problem in the latter part of the year.

There should be some relaxation on having to use it up by the end of the year in the circumstances. 

Edited by faraway saint

Aye, on the AL issue, could wee a lot of people, if they can't take it for the next few weeks/months having a problem in the latter part of the year.
There should be some relaxation on having to use it up by the end of the year in the circumstances. 
f**k them, this is about me!

[emoji23][emoji23]

Thought for today...................how are Germany having such a low fatality rate compared to the number of cases? 
                                     Cases                                     Deaths
image.png.621125dc975bc75836bc1afae0aff23b.png
image.png.7b6a7bb4c48540be737b0f9ef48480de.png
Wonder if they are testing more people? I'm on leave currently but had a message that we are closed for 3 weeks so won't be back at work until after Easter, office of over 600 people so makes sense.

20 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Thought for today...................how are Germany having such a low fatality rate compared to the number of cases? 
                                     Cases                                     Deaths
image.png.621125dc975bc75836bc1afae0aff23b.png
image.png.7b6a7bb4c48540be737b0f9ef48480de.png

Wonder if they are testing more people? I'm on leave currently but had a message that we are closed for 3 weeks so won't be back at work until after Easter, office of over 600 people so makes sense.

We're waiting on clarification, the management seem to be unsure.

As soon as they confirm my 80% I'm out of here. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Germany were testing 4 or 5 times as many folk per week as UK are /were.

Germany has 25k ventilators with another 10k on order.
UK has 5k ventilators and a twitter appeal from gov ministers for folk to build more.

Germany started the whole social distancing before UK did. Germans also generally appear to be better at following the "rules" on it.

A tad chaotic, and I can imagine this being replicated all over the UK.

Our company, still uncertain if we are "essential" and accessing this 80% seems less than straight forward.

So, sent home, asked to take a couple of days holiday to ensure we get paid for this week and give them time to clarify the situation.

Seems reasonable to me.

It's officially PARTY time. :guinness

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Germany were testing 4 or 5 times as many folk per week as UK are /were.

Germany has 25k ventilators with another 10k on order.
UK has 5k ventilators and a twitter appeal from gov ministers for folk to build more.

Germany started the whole social distancing before UK did. Germans also generally appear to be better at following the "rules" on it.

It seems you would be happier, although I doubt that's possible, in ANY other country in the world. :byebye